Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #41

thanks for you response. My name is Thomas C Glenn 2600 Canterbury RD Milford DE.19963.i have called the # 5 or 6 times and the only time I spoke with someone was after a 1/2 hour of wait time. the lady was very nice. but still no answer to my item don't know if it is back ordered or you don't stock it any more.
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #42

Response is not directly from cw .....

I think I wasn't clear enough in the post (two previous). I left the impression that the response team was responding to this thread.

They are NOT.....I cut and paste a response they posted today on RV.Net just to repeat what they are saying here.

I apologize for not being clear.

Ken
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
I think I wasn't clear enough in the post (two previous). I left the impression that the response team was responding to this thread.

They are NOT.....I cut and paste a response they posted today on RV.Net just to repeat what they are saying here.

I apologize for not being clear.

Ken
You have to remember that he is one of us, a Senior Member!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:04 PM   #44

ok np ken
Old 06-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #45

their customer service is horrible. I will never order on line from them again. I would rather take the trip to their store. Even their store employees said their phone customer service "sucks" now that is pretty bad.
wolflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #46

Called on Day 15 and they knocked off $5 for my inconvenience and said it could possibly be shipped in 7 to 10 days. That's 25 days after they billed my credit card. I'm thinking they need to go back to the old system.
scottfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #47

Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcasa View Post
After holding for 31 minutes, got a guy named Ethan. He did treat me with respect and seemed like a nice guy. Ethan told me he didn't know why it was "Locked-Up" in the warehouse, but was going to upgrade and expedite the order and get it out in the morning... plus credit me $10. He followed up our conversation with an e-mail. It's 6/18 today... I won't be holding my breath. I've learned my lesson. I'll let this thread know the results when I have any.
Finally received my order this am. It arrived undamaged, but not packed very well. I thought the packing material was supposed to be wrapped "around" the product... Oh well, at this point I'm happy I got it 4 days after I called. Haven't seen the credit to my credit card yet. I won't hold my breath... Thankful I have my order and lesson learned!
Mewcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:22 PM   #48

I spoke with the same guy .nice guy. was helpful. waiting to see if what he said was true.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #49

Getting your goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by wire1946 View Post
I spoke with the same guy .nice guy. was helpful. waiting to see if what he said was true.
Don't expect an e-mail about your order being shipped. I figure my next day mail took 4 days because of the weekend. I think Eathan will pull thru for you!
Mewcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:43 AM   #50

I called again yesterday to check on the status of a Progressive Industries surge protector that I ordered on June 5th so it was almost three weeks and the order was still in the processing stage according to the website the first time I called last week after waiting 21 minutes to get connected I was told it was on the dock waiting to be shipped. should take a day or two before it should ship out....Fast forward to yesterday and I try and call again this time another 20 minutes to get connected only to be told it is a drop ship item coming from the Mfg. and that can take up to 6 weeks per the person I was speaking to....I mention that on my email receipt that it will ship in 10 to 14 days not up to 6 weeks and she says that isn't her problem so I respond and say I guessit's mine and I would like to cancel the order now she goes on to say she isn't sure I can do that and she would pass the message to someone else in hopes that it would get done so by this time I said fine do whatever you have to do and hung up. I called Visa and cancelled the transaction and that's the last time I will ever order anything from Camping World online again.
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:19 AM   #51

I hope someone is passing this thread on to CW. Apparently they don't think their bad service will hurt them...
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:56 AM   #52

Amazon Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
I called again yesterday to check on the status of a Progressive Industries surge protector that I ordered on June 5th so it was almost three weeks and the order was still in the processing stage according to the website the first time I called last week after waiting 21 minutes to get connected I was told it was on the dock waiting to be shipped. should take a day or two before it should ship out....Fast forward to yesterday and I try and call again this time another 20 minutes to get connected only to be told it is a drop ship item coming from the Mfg. and that can take up to 6 weeks per the person I was speaking to....I mention that on my email receipt that it will ship in 10 to 14 days not up to 6 weeks and she says that isn't her problem so I respond and say I guessit's mine and I would like to cancel the order now she goes on to say she isn't sure I can do that and she would pass the message to someone else in hopes that it would get done so by this time I said fine do whatever you have to do and hung up. I called Visa and cancelled the transaction and that's the last time I will ever order anything from Camping World online again.
Search Amazon for this surge protector. I can almost guarantee you'll have it by this weekend! Good luck!
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:06 PM   #53

Jim,
I thought the same thing you are saying. I just wonder how many other people are having major problems with camping world and not posting here or on other forums. We are just a very small group that are posting our dissatisfaction with them. There loss Amazons gain.
rwmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:31 PM   #54

I just checked my c w page and found that my item was shipped. and will arrive tomorrow thanks to the service rep . who took care of my problem.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:45 PM   #55
(Dry Huunday)

Might I suggest making a comment on their Facebook page....Amazing what happens when it hits the Social Media circus! Not saying all your problems will be solved but the folks that monitor FB seemed to be on the ball and do attempt to get a prompt answer to you. At least it worked for me.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Schings View Post
I hope someone is passing this thread on to CW. Apparently they don't think their bad service will hurt them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
Might I suggest making a comment on their Facebook page....Amazing what happens when it hits the Social Media circus! Not saying all your problems will be solved but the folks that monitor FB seemed to be on the ball and do attempt to get a prompt answer to you. At least it worked for me.
They really don't care.....in case you have never seen this take a look at the few forums under "Dear Marcus"

RV.Net RV and Camping Forum ? RV, Trailer, Camper, Motorhome, Camping and Campground Information

I just don't see how that poor excuse for a company stays in business.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #57
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonkid View Post
They really don't care.....in case you have never seen this take a look at the few forums under "Dear Marcus"

RV.Net RV and Camping Forum ? RV, Trailer, Camper, Motorhome, Camping and Campground Information

I just don't see how that poor excuse for a company stays in business.
Not saying they care and not saying they are a great company. In fact, I can't fathom who thought it would be a good idea to change ordering systems during prime camping season....pretty darn dumb.

Just passing along a tip on how I was successful on getting my problem solved.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #58

Being in the software business, I'll make a couple comments here. Keep in mind I'm just guessing from my own experience.

CW probably didn't plan on waiting until peak camping season to switch ordering systems, they probably planned to do it in January or February and the project ran into problems or needed changes that pushed out the date.

Then the obvious questions is when they missed their deadline why didn't they wait until after the peak time to make the switch. Without knowing what prompted the need/desire to change systems I can only guess but some of the reasons could have been:

- Government regulations or taxes or income reporting rules, etc. changed and they had to do it as soon as they could
- Some business need changed and their existing order system couldn't be modified to handle the change or would have cost more to change than it cost to replace it
- Their existing order system software was so old it was no longer supported by the publisher and they had to have new software in order to have support for it

I don't work for them and I don't have any interest in the company except that their going out of business may have effects on the RV aftermarket accessories and parts industries that would be bad for everyone.
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:27 PM   #59
Lots o' Rock-n-Roll

My item is on back order too. I decided to do a search to see if anyone has experienced this and found this thread. Lol, I should have checked here first!

Previous 5ver: 1997 Newmar American Star ~ 33WRKD
LilbitKountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:22 AM   #60
Site Team

Your friendly site team had to do a little clean up here. There were a few posts that obviously were just made in jest, but are considered "flashpoint" items and can quickly escalate into leading a topic to blow up with off-topic and/or emotional responses.

If you notice your post missing or edited, it was due to this flashpoint subject matter.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping