Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2022, 09:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theb2b View Post
We had the same problem, first trip out on a brand new trailer. Found through trail and error the water saver valve in the shower was not fully closed, open just enough to draw air into the system.

Couldn't believe it when we found the source but cured our problem.

Good luck.
That's interesting since the shower saver valve is on the outlet side of the water pump, not the inlet side.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 11:08 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
While we can't be sure... the OP did say it was set correctly. (see red above)
I guess I stand corrected, and I apologize for wasting bytes. SMH.
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 11:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo View Post
More good suggestions. Sorry I should have noted that I mis-labeled the lines that you see in the picture. The antifreeze line is actually the one on the right. I tested that using a hose and bucket of water as someone suggested.

I am going to try and below out the line with compressed air and see what happens.

I really think the problem is my water filter container is the issue. I noticed it does not completely fill leaving a little air pocket at the top which also where the output hose to the sinks, etc is. I see it bubbling when the faucet is open and pump running.
If you put set the valve to pull from the antifreeze line and you feed water in that way, does it still bubble?
Old 04-13-2022, 02:30 PM   #24

Monitoring this thread. I have the same issue and am yet to figure out the cause.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:07 PM   #25

After I flushed out the antifreeze the first thing I did was install a new anode rod so I now that is not the issue.

When I pumped from a water buck through the antifreeze line I have to say I did not think to look at the water filer to see if it was bubbling. I would guess not as my wife was in the trailer and said there was a steady flow coming out the faucet, but not very fast.

And finally I am going to figure out how to check for critter holes. I trapped some mice in it in the last few days so it certainly is a possibility I will look into.

I am taking it to the dealership tomorrow for them to help. Assuming we find the problem I will update my post so everyone can see the fix.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Being a new owner it really helps to get advice from others that have owned an RV for a while.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:16 PM   #26
Scoundrel

Good luck tomorrow. Hope its an easy fix.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:49 PM   #27

Well the verdict is in. It was an air leak in a pvc pipe going to the water miser valve in my shower. I have included a picture of it. It is the blue pipe. Turns out the back of the pipe had a crack and was spraying against the shower wall so not very noticeable.

Anyway dealership fixed it no charge and I am ready to hit the road. First trip probably going to be Acadia National park then Prince Edward Island.

Thanks again for everyone’s help and suggestions. It really was very helpful to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2B301E01-AAB1-4CE0-A48D-2163832C7C06.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	271573  
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 06:29 PM   #28
Scoundrel

Awesome! Glad you got it taken care of.

Safe travels.

Wooden Spoon Survivor