Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2021, 05:50 PM   #21

My wife and I ordered a new Geopro 20 BHS in March and are still waiting. Should be soon. We have been told it will be a 2022. Just saw a video of the new model. Watch this video to see the changes. Thanks Josh in Coldwater RV for his vid!! https://youtu.be/NIY6kw196OI
Nutterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:44 PM   #22

Changes to floor and deco

Hey,

New to the forum and just ordered a e-pro 20 fbs for next spring. Looking at changes recently, I found that the flooring is replaced with a much nicer wood imitation.

Write to Forest River on their site and they confirmed this is the way forward for all new trailers built.

Video of GeoPro below which is essentially same.

Joce01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:56 PM   #23

Flagstaff 2022 Models

I have been looking into the changes between the 2021 models versus the 2022 models because we placed an order for a E Pro 19FDS in April 2021 and was told it would be delivered in 13-15 weeks (mid July at latest). Our dealership does not keep us informed of anything, so when the 15 week deadline passed, we called them. We were told that we were looking at the end of August now. So add on 6 more weeks. Now we are told by Forest River themselves that our camper is coming off the assembly on 9/21, BUT there are shortages on parts, such as cushions. So the assembly date really doesn't matter because our camper will be sitting somewhere waiting for backordered parts. Since we are knee deep into the end of Summer and we ordered our camper at the beginning of Spring, we are ticked off. Not only due to the amount of time that has gone by, but also the changes that have been made to the 2022 model that we paid extra for to be added to our 2021 model.
Here are the upgrades that I know are fact:
.1) Heated holding tanks are now standard on 2022's. We paid extra for these...
.2)They have changed the sub floor from OSB to 5/8 tongue in groove plywood floor decking on top of aluminum studs, wrapped in insulation.
.3) They also now have an enclosed underbelly.
.4) The interior has a new "wood plank" flooring. The window valances are now made of fabric and no longer vinyl. They also upgraded the appearance of the dinette cushions to make them more modern.
.5) The exterior decal is much less lime green and has more grey and black incorporated into the design.
I want the 2022 model. I am hoping that they have started making the 2022's so when ours finally hits the assembly line, the 2021's are a distant memory.
lisag125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:43 AM   #24

Based on my research, the start producing new year/model when employees comes back from vacation in July. If camper is built past June, chances are you get a 22
Joce01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 12:28 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisag125 View Post
Here are the upgrades that I know are fact:
.1) Heated holding tanks are now standard on 2022's. We paid extra for these...
.2)They have changed the sub floor from OSB to 5/8 tongue in groove plywood floor decking on top of aluminum studs, wrapped in insulation.
.3) They also now have an enclosed underbelly.
.4) The interior has a new "wood plank" flooring. The window valances are now made of fabric and no longer vinyl. They also upgraded the appearance of the dinette cushions to make them more modern.
.5) The exterior decal is much less lime green and has more grey and black incorporated into the design.
We've got a 2021 GeoPro, and a couple of the things you listed were already being done in 2021: our floor is 5/8 plywood, the valences are fabric, not vinyl. We did pay for our tank warmers as they were an option last year. So it's good to see they are giving people more standard features (while making sure to raise the price for them...). It's possible you could actually pay less for your trailer than what they would normally want for it since you've already got the order in and price locked in. These new "standard" items aren't a free upgrade, unfortunately.

I haven't been able to find anything that says the underbelly is enclosed, and the 2022's I've seen here and there don't have enclosed underbelly. I have seen that mentioned in a couple places, but the GeoPro/E-Pro's don't have enclosed underbelly's. Have you seen that info from Forest River?
Old 12-15-2021, 06:42 PM   #26

What is the smaller red (positive) cable to? On my 2022 FBS I only have 2 negs and 1 pos. The pos goes to the battery disconnect. One neg to the converter bus (I assume). The second neg is a ground to the frame. Wondering if I am missing a positive connection since you have 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoverComeOver View Post
Which model are you getting and why no batteries?

Unfortunately I got these and survived 4 days of cloud cover and rain while dry camping (except for the rain.) Fridge, Water pump, water/temp heater, TV, external HDD, phone charging radio and internal/external lights were used as needed.

Can't remember the highest charge but it never got to 100% the whole time. It was typically in the 40s before bed and think the lowest I ever saw it when waking up was 36/38%. Haven't had a day where we were stuck without juice yet.

I haven't jacked into shore power and letting solar do it's thing. Don't like blowing money unnecessarily and hoping to kill them with kind abuse. I like experimentation. I'll feel better having to get new batteries once their useful life has come. I really expect these to last at least 4 years with my abuse. We'll see...
ptrusheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 07:36 PM   #27
Open Space Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrusheim View Post
What is the smaller red (positive) cable to? On my 2022 FBS I only have 2 negs and 1 pos. The pos goes to the battery disconnect. One neg to the converter bus (I assume). The second neg is a ground to the frame. Wondering if I am missing a positive connection since you have 2.

Can't remember but could be the heating pads for the tanks.
RedRoverComeOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 07:49 PM   #28
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE0OUA View Post
We've got a 2021 GeoPro, and a couple of the things you listed were already being done in 2021: our floor is 5/8 plywood, the valences are fabric, not vinyl. We did pay for our tank warmers as they were an option last year. So it's good to see they are giving people more standard features (while making sure to raise the price for them...). It's possible you could actually pay less for your trailer than what they would normally want for it since you've already got the order in and price locked in. These new "standard" items aren't a free upgrade, unfortunately.

I haven't been able to find anything that says the underbelly is enclosed, and the 2022's I've seen here and there don't have enclosed underbelly. I have seen that mentioned in a couple places, but the GeoPro/E-Pro's don't have enclosed underbelly's. Have you seen that info from Forest River?
I hope for your sake it's not enclosed. I'm glad my 2019 is not enclosed. This give you free access to tank, wiring, plumbing, etc. Everything above IS enclosed nicely with coroplast. Zero insect or mice issues.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 05:57 PM   #29
Open Space Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoverComeOver View Post
Can't remember but could be the heating pads for the tanks.

Found this pic and it connects to other battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Batt.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	266792  
RedRoverComeOver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geo pro