Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #1

Differences between Flagstaff Microlite 21FBRS and Rockwood Lite 2109s?

I'm looking at both, they almost look identical. They are few and far between here, so does anyone know if they are the same or is one better? What should I look for? This is so confusing.
HeyJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #2
llr

Flagstaff and Rockwood seem to have many if not all of the same models, we are looking at Rockwood 8335BSS and Flagstaff 831CLBSS and except for colors and patterns they are the same. I have heard the same about many of the other models too
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:19 AM   #3

they are the same. The only difference is the decals.

Btw, we just sold our 21FBRS. Man we loved that camper.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #4
Canadian Member

The only differences are decals and the fabric choices. Other than that, they are the same and are manufactured on the same line in Millersburg, IN. There are likely more Rockwood dealers than Flagstaff dealers, so you may find a Rockwood more easily.

That's a nice, compact floorplan for a couple.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have about the unit. I believe there are several members that have that floorplan (Rockwood or Flagstaff).
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #5
Site Team

Twin brands are common in the RV Industry, not just FR.
Even Winnebago has twin brands.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:22 PM   #6

Thumbs up 2017 Rockwood 2109s

We have a 2017 Rockwood 2109s. We love the floor plan. Its perfect for a couple with room for maybe one occasional grandchild. We keep ours parked in our backyard and hooked up as a retreat and guest house. It pulls like a dream and has all the creature comforts yet still feels like a camper. Best of luck on your search!
cuselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:29 PM   #7

Just as many have said here. They are the same. When I inquired about having two identical lines, I was told it had to do with dealer territories. But they told me that it's just the decals and fabric choices that make the difference. I have the 21FBRS and I absolutely love this rig. So much room and comforts for a lightweight smaller trailer. As I was told this model is known as the 21ft on the outside 31ft on the inside.
PupScrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #8

As noted they are built on the same production line. We looked at a Rockwood 2504S and a Flagstaff 25BHS and the only difference is the fabric choices and the exterior decals.

I managed to get my hands on the 2017 Rockwood and Flagstaff MSRP order sheet. Each sheet is identical with respect to the options available as well as the MSRP prices.

When you shop around you might find you can get a better price on a Flagstaff model instead of the same model with the Rockwood logo. Depends on how many Rockwood or Flagstaff dealers are in your region and the size of the RV dealerships.

We got our best price on a Flagstaff 25BHS but I would not hesitate to buy the clone Rockwood 2504S if it were available.

Consider the RV dealer that you are buying from! You may need service and a helpful and honest dealer can be your best friend if something goes wrong with your trailer.

Good Luck!

Phil
PhilOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #9

They are identical except decals and fabric patterns. That is the perfect floorplan! In our area, the Rockwood dealer would not come down on the price, so he lost the sale to the Flagstaff dealer. Good luck in your negotiations and enjoy it when you get it.
Harris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:03 PM   #10

When we were shopping for our current rig, a salesman told me that FR had a rule that (at least at one time) there was a rule that dealers in a given line had to be 50 miles apart. To get more sales in a given metro area, the second line allows a different dealer to carry product. Supposedly a single dealer location won't sell both the Rockwood and Flagstaff lines, We initially looked at the Rockwood version of our floor plan and got lucky having a well respected dealer who carried Flagstaff close to home.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM   #11

What's really good for the consumer, they can have dealers compete for our cash with same RVs different decals - I'm about price since I'm not a full-timer.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris85 View Post
They are identical except decals and fabric patterns. That is the perfect floorplan! In our area, the Rockwood dealer would not come down on the price, so he lost the sale to the Flagstaff dealer. Good luck in your negotiations and enjoy it when you get it.
I'm having a heck of a time with negotiations. I want a reasonable price. I found I can get the same unit from Ohio for $2000 less and shipped! I don't know what I want to do. I'm really tired of the whole camper shopping thing.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:10 PM   #13

Wana RV in Shipshewana Indiana is selling rockwood 2109s for less than 19k. As others have said, rockwood and flagstaff are identical. I watched them being built 2 weeks ago. Same trailers, just different but equal fabrics.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:26 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
I'm having a heck of a time with negotiations. I want a reasonable price. I found I can get the same unit from Ohio for $2000 less and shipped! I don't know what I want to do. I'm really tired of the whole camper shopping thing.
We bought our Rockwood Roo from a Midwest dealer that was 2000 miles away.
We went and picked it up and made a camping trip out of the return leg.
We saved over $4000 even after trip costs.
FR found us local dealers willing to do the warranty work.

Never regretted the choice.
Would've done it again, for our new TT but found a local dealer that had prices comparable with Midwest dealers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 04-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. J. Schuler View Post
What's really good for the consumer, they can have dealers compete for our cash with same RVs different decals - I'm about price since I'm not a full-timer.
Me too. I've got three dealers trying to beat each others prices. I have the out of state dealer with the best price but only by $200, so I'm thinking local will be the way to go.
How do we add a photo to this?
Old 04-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
We bought our Rockwood Roo from a Midwest dealer that was 2000 miles away.
We went and picked it up and made a camping trip out of the return leg.
We saved over $4000 even after trip costs.
FR found us local dealers willing to do the warranty work.

Never regretted the choice.
Would've done it again, for our new TT but found a local dealer that had prices comparable with Midwest dealers.
I wish I could do this. I'm older and disabled and would never be able to drive 2000 miles. I got a pretty good price so far (at least I think it is) just over $18,000 with everything.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
I wish I could do this. I'm older and disabled and would never be able to drive 2000 miles. I got a pretty good price so far (at least I think it is) just over $18,000 with everything.
Understandable but since your quote has shipping included, I'd have no problem doing it.
Make sure that a PDI will be done when delivered and contact FR for a list of local dealers that will do warranty work. Contact them before closing the deal, to see if they really will do the warranty work.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Understandable but since your quote has shipping included, I'd have no problem doing it.
Make sure that a PDI will be done when delivered and contact FR for a list of local dealers that will do warranty work. Contact them before closing the deal, to see if they really will do the warranty work.
We found another one for only $200 more that we are looking at tomorrow. I'm pretty sure we will buy this one. It isn't close, but its not in another state. I've already made reservations for the State park this July, excited to go mobile camping again.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #19

Just purchased our 2018 Rockwood 2109s last weekend. First short shake down trip is this weekend. As for price, I found the best deal at a small dealership in Ohio but my local dealer matched their price on a unit with several more options. I wanted to buy local anyway to establish a good relationship for warranty work and such so it worked out really well. For us empty nesters this seems like a great floor plan.

2018 Rockwood mini lite 2109s
TV: 2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab
Roanoke, Virginia
Captn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #20

We traveled 4 hours saved over 5k and got slide covers too. If 2k covers the trip, forget the local local dealer, our local dealer didn't think we'd travel, little did he know.

Tags
210, 2109s, flagstaff, lite, rockwood