Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2015, 02:15 PM   #41
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaslorr View Post
... Who wants to travel with dirty equipment?
Yes, people on the highway will point and laugh at a dirty rig.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:15 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Robot Check

And a ladder
WM has these too.

Don't bother with the type that has a soap dispenser and a place on the end for the water hose to hook up to.
You'll use the soap up too fast and it gets pretty heavy with the hose connected.

A 5 gallon bucket, I use Turtle Wax soap, spray nozzle for the hose, step ladder for the high places, good stiff brush for the tires, and tire foam.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #43

We wash, wax and cover every time we get back but have only used 1 time this year lol. It's been at the dealer for 1 month now so probably gonna have to wash and wax again when I finally get it back :/
MIsalem26bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:42 PM   #44

I wash inside and out (plus wax) just before leaving. It gets super dirty sitting in a woodland driveway. It gets Washed on the road as needed. I'm not as fussy as most.
Maggiewaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
I've always wondered how many rv'ers wash their rigs before going on a trip? I'm fortunate that I have a building to keep mine in. As soon as we get home from a trip, I'll wash it from top to bottom. Then put it away clean. The BOSS cleans the dishes and towels and such and packs them away for the next trip. As for the bed linens, she'll wait until closer to the next trip to wash them so they'll be clean and fresh. I'll wash the TV and clean it up inside/out and then almost cry when we go through the first rain and the truck/TT get filthy.

What do you do?
We have always washed our RV after a trip and, if necessary, before leaving. Now that we have it in a building, it starts out clean, but seems like 9 times out of 10 we run into rain about 50 miles into the trip. Arghh!! As far as linen, we strip our bed and leave it that way until a day or so before departing. Inside is kept up as we go.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I (Hate) black streaks/Bugs/Mud/Road film/Acid rain/Birds and their Crap/and Truckers who forget to put the Fuel caps on and Spray Diesel Fuel on our Truck and Trailer! I wash (Before/During/and After) use! I Clean constantly! Youroo!!
Keep up, you don't have to catch up!
Old 07-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
All you people that are washing/de-bugging the cap,how do you even reach up there? I could get about 1/2 way from the bed of the truck but that would look worse than not washing at all.
Sheet-rockers scaffolding
Old 07-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #48
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
3 or 4 2x6's across top of bed rails, brush w/ adjustable handle.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:19 PM   #49
Steelhorzz

Every time....

After we unload from the trip, my wife does all the laundry, and I clean the entire inside, top to bottom. Floors, carpeting, counters, bathrooms, windshield, the list goes on. Then I drain and flush the tanks at our storage facility, (they provide a free dump site at their facility). Then I call a guy who has a wash "trailer" at the RV site where we store our rig, and they wash the exterior of the couch, (top to bottom), for me. Cost $2.50 a foot. I place the tire covers on and we are ready to go on the next trip.

Our storage facility also provides fresh filtered water to fill our tank plus bags of free ice, when we head out.
Great people!!
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Ive got drywall scaffolding and several sections of full size block scaffold. Setting and moveing 2 sections of that every time we go is more than I want to deal with.I guess it'l stay buggy untill the next good t-storm. The inside stays nice and clean and thats the part I see most of the time anyway.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #51
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Ive got drywall scaffolding and several sections of full size block scaffold. Setting and moveing 2 sections of that every time we go is more than I want to deal with.I guess it'l stay buggy untill the next good t-storm. The inside stays nice and clean and thats the part I see most of the time anyway.
Your standing right next to a movable scaffold.......just get a carrot and a long stick.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:44 PM   #52
Steelhorzz

Every time. .. Continued

Forgot to mention... We are in So Cal. And not getting much, if any rain. So I just want to remove the dirt and bugs from each trip prior to storing. As its all cleaned when we come back, all I do is clean the mirrors and the windshield before we head out again.
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:19 PM   #53

God put the dirt on. God will wash it off.
Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:38 PM   #54

Wash TT after every trip and spray wax at least twice a year.

jd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:51 AM   #55
Gold Miner At Heart

I use the wash & wax. Sooo maybe I wax everytime before storing in the building. Just never been a big waxer. Lol
Old 07-11-2015, 08:00 AM   #56

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Never waxed, looks like new! Use a RV wash/wax and a long brush to do so. I do wash/wax every trip though!
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODMAN View Post
Are the folks who wash at commercial spots like Blue Beacon careful about things like your AC units and antennas on top? What about the roof? Do they wash it too?

I've always had good luck with blue beacon. As to the top they do not go up there. They have long wands with 90 deg elbow. Will spray some up there not much.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote