Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #21

Looks like Forest River really nailed it on this one. Just put a nice looking rear bumper on the sucker!
Daddio62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbusby View Post
So looks like you are an avid camper. Doesn't look like you have had the trailer
very long. Right now we are looking at the same floor plan (19FD) with the Murphy bed. Enjoying it so far?
Yes, the trailer is pretty small. However, with the couch / Murphy bed it feels large inside. Storage is a bit limited outside. We have discovered the inside cabinets and under couch storage really helps.

The couch and bed are very comfortable.

Bathroom is small but has all the features. (Our AFrame does not have a bathroom, the main reason for our upgrade!)

The larger refrigerator is a real plus. The stove is nice with the oven, however, we had to take the trailer back to dealer as the gas line to the stove was crimped.

Overall build quality is good.

We are heading out this weekend!
DGrissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:43 PM   #23

Well, I did it! Ordered a loaded Geo Pro 19FBS from my dealer.

Checked the option boxes for the following:

Package A
Carbon Monoxide Detector
Water Purifier
Maxxair Ventilation Fan and Vent Cover
Convection Microwave in place of Standard Oven
12 Volt 22 inch TV
Roof Mount Solar Panel
13,500 BTU Low Profile A/C
Power Awning Upgrade
Tongue mount bike rack

Also included: WiFi Ranger

It'll be about 8 weeks to wait but I'm sure it will be well worth it!
Old 09-28-2017, 04:27 PM   #24

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with this trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio62 View Post
Well, I did it! Ordered a loaded Geo Pro 19FBS from my dealer.

Checked the option boxes for the following:

Package A
Carbon Monoxide Detector
Water Purifier
Maxxair Ventilation Fan and Vent Cover
Convection Microwave in place of Standard Oven
12 Volt 22 inch TV
Roof Mount Solar Panel
13,500 BTU Low Profile A/C
Power Awning Upgrade
Tongue mount bike rack

Also included: WiFi Ranger

It'll be about 8 weeks to wait but I'm sure it will be well worth it!
tbusby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #25

Nice choice! I almost pulled the trigger on one myself.
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:25 PM   #26

It's just the right size and has the bells and whistles I wanted for my lifestyle.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:49 PM   #27

How come you didn't pull the trigger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
Nice choice! I almost pulled the trigger on one myself.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:51 PM   #28

I went for a double axel.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:26 AM   #29

That makes a lot of sense and I considered that factor as well. Given my crossover SUV tow vehicle and personal needs, I felt most comfortable towing a 7' wide camper in the 2900-3200lb (unloaded) range. I wanted something that I wouldn't hesitate to hook up and go with on short notice, which would be manueverable enough to almost feel like it wasn't there. Didn't want to haul something larger than I really needed, and those are mostly in the single axle category.

Best of luck with your Tracer Air. It looks like a really nice coach! That's one of my favorite floorplans in the 8' wide body class. The large rear dinette and wraparound windows look awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
I went for a double axel.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:59 AM   #30

Exactly, the Murphy bed and rear dinette sold us. And only weighs 4k.

Safe and happy travels.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:39 AM   #31

New E Pro 19FD

Just picked up our new E Pro. The demo model we say in Aug had traditional , brown stained interior, but our came with a grey interior, which lightens it up and makes the small trailer appear larger. Everything was in good order, dealer installed 2 propane tanks and two batteries. Note it comes with battery disconnect which is nice feature as don't have to bother disconnecting battery cables if being stored for days, or months. Note there is a slow power drain on a trailer even if lights off, etc. We have all the options on our unit except convection microwave, we just have the regular one.
We had expected the RBQ grill with gas line, but they now include Coleman gas grill which uses small propane bottles. I really prefer the Coleman as I did not want to use close to trailer. They provide a table which attaches to side to trailer to mount grill on, but we are not going to use that set up.

We have the roof mounted solar panels, but there is also a plug on the exterior which you can plug a detached solar unit into, this is nice if you are in shaded area and have external unit to compliment the roof top.

Pulls very nicely with my Lexus GX 460. I did need a weight distribution system.....got a Husky, as even with my 650 lb tongue rating, the rear really sagged. Almost 400 lbs without the 2 tanks, 2 batteries and bike rack.

I was accustomed to power jacks...levelers on my previous Passport 25, but using an electric drill on the manual jacks makes it a quick and easy task to lower the Jacks.

We wanted to downsize and like towing with narrower, shorter unit. We are going to add the observation camera and don't think I will need the large mirrors. I can swing the trailer slightly to left or right to get open view directly behind me for now, but think the camera will work very well. I understand the camera will be on whenever the lights are on. They also make a back up only camera, but I wanted the "Observation camera" which provide view when driving.

I do miss the large front pass thru which you typically have, but the under sofa/Murphy bed storage area is large. Our passport had the water tank located under the bed and you lost a lot of space.

Note the new units have steps...stairs...which fold up and sit inside the trailer when not in use. I think this was to provide access to the spare tire which is mounted on the underside of the trailer. The Murphy bed has to be up to allow space for the steps to set inside. The steps do have "feet" which are adjustable so they set on the ground to provide good support.

I like the absence of all the decals--stripes etc you typically see on a RV. In my first, 40 mile tow from dealership to home I got about 12.5 mpg in my GX. Feels like it slips thru the air very well....at highway speeds.
joindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:53 AM   #32

Congratulations.

Safe and happy travels.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:59 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by joindy View Post
Just picked up our new E Pro. The demo model we say in Aug had traditional , brown stained interior, but our came with a grey interior, which lightens it up and makes the small trailer appear larger. Everything was in good order, dealer installed 2 propane tanks and two batteries. Note it comes with battery disconnect which is nice feature as don't have to bother disconnecting battery cables if being stored for days, or months. Note there is a slow power drain on a trailer even if lights off, etc. We have all the options on our unit except convection microwave, we just have the regular one.
We had expected the RBQ grill with gas line, but they now include Coleman gas grill which uses small propane bottles. I really prefer the Coleman as I did not want to use close to trailer. They provide a table which attaches to side to trailer to mount grill on, but we are not going to use that set up.

We have the roof mounted solar panels, but there is also a plug on the exterior which you can plug a detached solar unit into, this is nice if you are in shaded area and have external unit to compliment the roof top.

Pulls very nicely with my Lexus GX 460. I did need a weight distribution system.....got a Husky, as even with my 650 lb tongue rating, the rear really sagged. Almost 400 lbs without the 2 tanks, 2 batteries and bike rack.

I was accustomed to power jacks...levelers on my previous Passport 25, but using an electric drill on the manual jacks makes it a quick and easy task to lower the Jacks.

We wanted to downsize and like towing with narrower, shorter unit. We are going to add the observation camera and don't think I will need the large mirrors. I can swing the trailer slightly to left or right to get open view directly behind me for now, but think the camera will work very well. I understand the camera will be on whenever the lights are on. They also make a back up only camera, but I wanted the "Observation camera" which provide view when driving.

I do miss the large front pass thru which you typically have, but the under sofa/Murphy bed storage area is large. Our passport had the water tank located under the bed and you lost a lot of space.

Note the new units have steps...stairs...which fold up and sit inside the trailer when not in use. I think this was to provide access to the spare tire which is mounted on the underside of the trailer. The Murphy bed has to be up to allow space for the steps to set inside. The steps do have "feet" which are adjustable so they set on the ground to provide good support.

I like the absence of all the decals--stripes etc you typically see on a RV. In my first, 40 mile tow from dealership to home I got about 12.5 mpg in my GX. Feels like it slips thru the air very well....at highway speeds.

We were also pleasantly surprised with the interior colors... grey/white... certainly does brighten it up. We also thought it would be brown like the one we initially saw.

Very pleased with our rear observation camera too!
mimiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:05 AM   #34

Did anyone get the 15" tire option? The new 2018 Geo Pro brochure was just released and it doesn't show an "off road" package. It only shows a "15" Mud Rovial Tires" upgrade. Wonder if they skipped the suspension lift part of that for 2018?

2018 Rockwood Geo Pro Brochure
Old 09-30-2017, 12:56 PM   #35

mimiG,
Which observation camera did you purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiG View Post
We were also pleasantly surprised with the interior colors... grey/white... certainly does brighten it up. We also thought it would be brown like the one we initially saw.

Very pleased with our rear observation camera too!
Old 09-30-2017, 05:02 PM   #36

The Furrion vision 2 wireless observation system.
mimiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #37

Just decided to update my factory order for my new Geo Pro. There's a new Off Road Package now offered which includes 15" wheels and a 2" lift with small extensions on the bottom of the steps. It gives a total lift of about 3", which could keep the rear dump valves out of harms way in several situations.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio62 View Post
Just decided to update my factory order for my new Geo Pro. There's a new Off Road Package now offered which includes 15" wheels and a 2" lift with small extensions on the bottom of the steps. It gives a total lift of about 3", which could keep the rear dump valves out of harms way in several situations.

Good to know. Does anybody know why they quit putting the spare tire on the back? The 2017 versions had it there at least part of the year. That would help with clearance also.
tbusby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #39

Looks like they moved the spare tire under the coach. The new for 2018.5 flip-up steps allow them to store the spare under the floor, below the doorway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbusby View Post
Good to know. Does anybody know why they quit putting the spare tire on the back? The 2017 versions had it there at least part of the year. That would help with clearance also.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:22 PM   #40

What hitch with the E-Pro19fd?

CW put a Curt 800-1000lb tongue weight hitch on my GMC Sierra 4x4 when I picked up my E-Pro 19fd. It seems like overkill to me, wondering what anyone else is using.
Suke2U is offline   Reply With Quote