Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2018, 03:18 PM   #81

YBLee
Look forward to your experience with this. Dealer told me mine will ship on 4/16 so I plan on playin hooky from work to pick it up when he calls. I got the Tekonsha P3 brake controller installed in the Ridgeline last week. Easy peezy. Gotta love youtube.
Thanks
TC
tc cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 03:41 AM   #82

Hey TC, let me know how it tows on the way home. Congrats and happy glamping[emoji903]
YBLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #83

My first post. Yesterday we picked up our 19fd and brought it the 2.5 hrs home. I tow with my 2017 Chevy traverse with the v92 tow pkg and a Reese straight line hitch. Most of the journey was at 110km/hr over rolling terrain and most of the time I forgot I was towing. Revs were mostly in the 2300 range and 3300 for the hills. We averaged 20.5l100km (11.5 mpg US, 13.8 mpg Can). First camping trip will be this weekend.
Tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:52 AM   #84
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tileguy View Post
My first post. Yesterday we picked up our 19fd and brought it the 2.5 hrs home. I tow with my 2017 Chevy traverse with the v92 tow pkg and a Reese straight line hitch. Most of the journey was at 110km/hr over rolling terrain and most of the time I forgot I was towing. Revs were mostly in the 2300 range and 3300 for the hills. We averaged 20.5l100km (11.5 mpg US, 13.8 mpg Can). First camping trip will be this weekend.
Congratulations on the new camper. Have fun this weekend.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:06 PM   #85

Hey Tileguy, congrats on the purchase. I also have the 19FD. We purchased it with a WDH and Sway bar but I've read it isn't necessary with a 2017 Honda Ridgeline. I plan to take it for a ride this weekend without the WDH and Sway Bar.
Have a great time this weekend on your maiden-voyage, let us know how it goes.
Lee
YBLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:56 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBLee View Post
Hey TC, let me know how it tows on the way home. Congrats and happy glamping[emoji903]
YBLee
Still waiting for the dealer to call.
TC
Old 04-25-2018, 06:58 PM   #87

Tileguy,
Enjoy your new trailer
TC
Old 04-26-2018, 06:03 AM   #88

WD and Anti Sway for 19FD

I have a 19FD and tow with a Lexus 460GX which is rated for 650 lbs tongue weight. The rear end really sinks when I lower the trailer onto the hitch. I can't imagine towing without the WD system. I have the Husky with bars and chains.
I use the anti sway bar ...have not towed without the anti sway so can't verify how useful it is, but easy to hook up so I always use.
Once you use the system several times it becomes easy to set up. Only problem is where to store the very heavy hitch and bars when detached.
joindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:40 AM   #89

Have you had a chance to weigh your rig, especially tongue weight? At 390 lbs for the fd, it is heavy, add 60 lbs for a battery, we are starting at 450 lbs before anything goes in the trailer. The GM hitch is rated 600 lbs, so I don't think there is a problem, but am curious. Why would anybody tow with sway control for just the few extra dollars??? What gas mileage are you getting?
Tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:34 AM   #90

Just purchased a new EPro 19fd. All is well. A couple of things to remember. Make sure the steps are fully extended and level or when opening the door it will bind and do damage if you force it (use the extender legs to accomplish this leveling). Had a class 3 hitch installed on a new Exporer. Decided after 1st trip to have a weight distribution system installed. Storage under the Murphy bed is handy. Good for clothes and light items. Keep heavy items to the rear. This will tend to reduce your tough weight. Just ordered a Fusion rear observation camera. Decided not to get the Back Up Camera due to reviews on poor operation that only is intended to be used while backing up. Water preasure in bath ok but preasure in kitchen is a trickle. Will investigate when on the road.

There is no rear bumper, very dangerous. Installing a 4" PVC schedule 40 pipe to the rear on the frame strut within 2" of the rear wall. Extends the full width of the trailer with end caps. Will use this space to store our exterior rug. Will report after our first long haul from Florida to Denver in early June.

Bill & Sue
cubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:01 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBLee View Post
Lee
Finally picked up our trailer last Friday. The tech at the dealer talked me into a Curt WD/sway hitch. So, I didn't get a chance to try towing without one but will give it a go some time. Like I said this is all new to me as the only thing I ever towed was a motorcycle on a uhaul trailer and never knew it was back there. A bit different towing a trailer but not too bad. Took all of about 15 mins to feel comfortable with it behind my 17 Ridgeline. I'm hoping to get some camping in soon but right now working 6 days a week I cannot get away.
Tom
Old 05-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #92

Comments on 19FD

I agree with your comments today. I have commented previously on the drop down steps, and need to make sure they are flush with ground. I mentioned previously that I use small pieces of wood under the feet as the adjustment is not fine enough to get right fit if uneven ground. I also posted same comment about kitchen faucet trickle....someone replied it could be sawdust etc in the screener from the factory. I removed the front of sofa to allow easy access to storage underneath. It only hangs on brackets so easy to remove.
joindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:15 PM   #93

We recently purchased a 2018 Geo Pro G16BH (manufactured 9/2017). We’ve had the chance to take it out once and have calandered some future outings. I think it was the full dry bath on an 18’ trailer that really tipped the scales toward this one. I like the light wood interior too. One item mine did not come with was dedicated sewer hose storage. I bolted an EZ hose carrier under the frame just north of the black tank.

RFishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:00 PM   #94

Powder post beetles in cabinet frames

FYI for fellow E-pro and Geo owners - If you find what you think is sawdust inside your rig you need to check it closely. I am in the process of getting my new 2018 E-Pro19fd fumigated for powder post beetles. They are in the frames of all the cabinets. Still waiting for a response from FR as to whether warrantee will cover or not. $1200 fix.
Suke2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFishstick View Post
We recently purchased a 2018 Geo Pro G16BH (manufactured 9/2017). We’ve had the chance to take it out once and have calandered some future outings. I think it was the full dry bath on an 18’ trailer that really tipped the scales toward this one. I like the light wood interior too. One item mine did not come with was dedicated sewer hose storage. I bolted an EZ hose carrier under the frame just north of the black tank.

R
Looking good.
TC
Old 05-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suke2U View Post
FYI for fellow E-pro and Geo owners - If you find what you think is sawdust inside your rig you need to check it closely. I am in the process of getting my new 2018 E-Pro19fd fumigated for powder post beetles. They are in the frames of all the cabinets. Still waiting for a response from FR as to whether warrantee will cover or not. $1200 fix.
Suke2u
My wife just cleaned up a bunch of sawdust last weekend. How did you find the beetles, are they crawling around? Also what is the build date on yours, mine is 3/27/18? Thanks for the heads up.
Tom
Old 05-16-2018, 04:35 PM   #97

I cleaned up what I thought was sawdust but when it was back the next day I knew I had some sort of wood borer problem. The sawdust is "frass", the left overs from the bugs eating the wood. The beetles eat their way out of the wood as they mature then go find another place to lay eggs. The exit holes are very small, maybe 1/16 inch. Here are some pics. I don't know the build date of my unit, where do I find that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180501_160616.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	172140   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180501_160558.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	172141   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180501_160429.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	172142  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #98

I found the build date on the yellow sticker on the side of my trailer. Now I'm gonna crawl around and look for tiny holes. Hope I don't find any.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #99

Good luck, please post your results.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:51 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby View Post
J... Water preasure in bath ok but preasure in kitchen is a trickle. Will investigate when on the road.

There is no rear bumper, very dangerous. Installing a 4" PVC schedule 40 pipe to the rear on the frame strut within 2" of the rear wall. Extends the full width of the trailer with end caps.
Bill & Sue
We have the same model.
The strainer on the kitchen sink seems to restrict the flow too much. I drilled on the center hole to improve the pressure to an acceptable level.

Looking forward to how your rear bumper project goes. I agree with you about the rear bumper. The trailer certainly needs one!
DGrissom is offline   Reply With Quote