Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #1

Elkhart rv sales ?

I am dealing on a new RV from Elkhart RV Sales. I live accross the country and am dealing over the phone and internet. I will not see the RV until it is picked up. Anyone have any dealings with this dealership. So far they have been helpful and very easy to deal with.
case1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
Site Team

never heard of them. RVW and RVDirect are the top dealers that people deal with from the internet.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #3

We have purchased four trailers from RVW. Would recommend them.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #4

Something you may want to try. We had a quote from a RV Wholesaler about 400 miles each way that was a great deal. We had only seen the floorplan on the internet and I wanted to see one in person and found a dealer 150 miles away. Fell in love with it and of course they made their sales pitch. I had brought along the quote from the other dealer and they matched it. Saved me several thousand dollars off the already marked down price and a much shorter trip.
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Site Team

case1175, it would also help knowing what region of the country you live in.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Yes where do you live ?
depending on where you live I have another suggestion for ya .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #7

We live in Illinois. The dealer we bought the 5er from said that a lot of people do what we did-searched the internet found what they think they wanted, got a price but wanted to see it in person before making a commitment.We really had no plans on purchasing it from them when we went. He said they are better off matching the price than loosing the sale completely. I think it helped that I had a quote in writing from a wholesaler.
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #8

The dealer (north central Illinois) where we got our last Starcraft carries a Palomino that is similar to the Roo 233S. But just enough different that I really wanted the Roo. So last fall I opened a dialog with RVW. I just had to wait until my Starcraft sold. So all winter long I looked and salivated over the Roo. Easy to find out that RVW are the only players in the Roo market. I found House of Camping in Bridgeview carrying the same 233S and called them when the Starcraft sold. George the owner gave me a great price that was in reality, slightly less than RVW's best discounted price. Plus I wouldn't have to drive to Ohio or pay a delivery charge since Bridgeview is about an hour from home. House of Camping For The Win!

And for what it is worth, RVW's best discounted price was only if I financed the trailer through them. Paying with cash would cost me $1500 more. It wasn't until I mentioned getting a cash quote from another dealer that they started asking about trying to knock that down.

The new Roo is scheduled to roll off the line this Friday. CAN'T WAIT......
BeagleIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #9

Thank you to everyone who replied. I am from western Canada. No one up here can match the prices . I am saving almost seven thousand dollars buying in the states. I will be getting my new 5th wheel next week.
case1175 is offline   Reply With Quote