Old 02-10-2020, 12:02 AM   #1

Experiences with your Flagstaff Superlite

Hey all. I'm a hopeful soon to be RV'er. My wife and I are looking for a TT to take our family of 4 across the country. We went to an RV show today and looked at some FR models. One of the TT's we looked at was the Flagstaff Superlite 27BHWS. I was hoping to get some honest feedback on your personal experiences with these trailers (not necessarily the exact model) and how you feel about the quality. Any big common issues? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
optimusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:27 AM   #2

We bought a Flagstaff MicroLite 21DS last fall, and so far we have been really happy with it. It's obviously a good bit smaller than what you are looking at, but it's just for me, my wife, and our two small dogs.

Here is a link to a post I made after our first weeklong trip: https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ns-199101.html.

We are heading out again next Saturday for another 6 days, and really looking forward to it.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:27 AM   #3

Thank you! Quality wise, any issues so far?
Old 02-10-2020, 12:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusprime View Post
Thank you! Quality wise, any issues so far?
Not so far! Well, there's that little squeak in the floor. I need to take it in and have them look at it, but haven't done it yet. I'll re-evaluate after this trip.

It pulls like a dream. I can feel the weight, but it's solid as a rock with just a 15 year old Reese "spring & chain" WDH. No sway bars, no sway. Doesn't porpoise at all. I'm still getting used to backing, as it turn/reacts *much* quicker than my last trailer.

We have the rigid stairs, and those are a love 'em or hate 'em kind of thing that seem to ignite a lot of passion around here. I love them for their stability, but I have to be *really* careful with how I park at my storage lot. If I'm 3 inches too far to the right I can't get the stairs down (they'll hit my neighbor's RV), and if I'm 3 inches too far to the left I can't get the slide out far enough to be able to access the cupboard next to the fridge.

Furnace and water heater have worked perfectly so far. Haven't had a chance to use the AC yet.

I do wish that they had used better quality foam for the couch and dinette, but I understand that it's just cost savings and I will likely upgrade those myself some day.

The "automotive glass" front windshield seems like an odd design choice. It looks cool from outside, but with the murphy bed, the window is covered by the bed during the day, and at night the shade is closed if the bed is down.

Folks around here have me scared of the Castle Rock tires that came on it. They haven't given me any trouble or anything, but now I am convinced that they are quietly plotting my imminent demise!

Anyway, if you have any specific questions about mine, I am happy to try to provide answers - fire away!

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:52 AM   #5

Thanks so much for all the information thatís very helpful
Old 02-10-2020, 09:39 AM   #6

Flagstaff and its sister Rockwoods quality is about the best youíre going to find. Nothing is perfect and you should expect that you will have many little issues that will need to be taken care of. This is true of most RVís. Some are things you can take care of yourself. Others especially anything major youíll want to get taken care of by the dealer while still under warranty. Enjoy your new purchase.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:29 AM   #7

If you happen to purchase a travel trailer with a ladder, get on the roof and inspect it before you buy. Most people will assume "it's a new trailer....why would anything be wrong with the roof?" My 2019 Flagstaff had a pinky fingernail size gouge that compromised the rubber roof. I discovered the gouge while installing a vent cover about a week after purchase and 400 miles from the dealership where I bought the trailer. Warranty item taken care of locally but just one of those things that happened during manufacturing. Don't assume anything during your PDI...even the roof.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the quality of my Forest River Micro Lite.
Famoussenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:55 AM   #8
llr

I am happy with my Flagstaff, just a few minor issues.

I am sure there is also a Rockwood version of the same trailer. Quality is the same, colors and patterns will very. I would go with either brand based on price or trust in the dealer.
llr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:23 PM   #9

We bought our 2014 Flagstaff 27RLWS and have about 25000 miles on it. We are presently in Deer Valley, AZ for the winter. We have had a few minor problems, but nothing very serious. I have fixed all the problems myself, except for the Dometic 300 toilet, having just installed the 5th one. We had Westlake tires and put 20,000 on them, but changed them out because of age. I replaced them with load range D Westlake tires, and have 5000 miles on them. My wife and I and our cat have been to Alaska, the Midwest, out West from Montana, and down through the Southwest. It has been a good trailer, and would buy another one. We purchased this one from Cheyenne Camping Center and were pleased with them.
beechjet16mf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:23 PM   #10

Flagstaff

We have a Flagstaff Super Lite 26FKBS 2019... traded our 2018 21DS for the new model... Both were exceptional.. no real issues.. did find one loose screw.. lol... pulls very nice with dual axles... easy set up and a real joy all around

Tom n Phyllis
Elizabethtown, KY
2019 Flagstaff SuperLite 26FKBS
2014 Ram 2500 6.4L gasser
thom125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:43 PM   #11

We have a Rockwood 2608bs and really enjoy staying in it. This is our fifth Rockwood. Agree with previous post....quality is about best you can get. Good luck and enjoy whatever you decide to get.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #12
ARLO

Our super lite is a 2010 829FKSS it has.been a great trailer. Only one major issue. Our floor delaminated.. In 2010 they realized they had a problem with their supplier of floors and built their own laminating plant. They acknowledge the problem is theirís, picked up a trailer in Rochester New York brought it back to the factory replaced the floor free of charge and then brought it back to us. While they had it, they fixed a couple of things that I broke and Gave us all new carpeting. I canít be happier.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #13
ARLO

Rockwood signature ultra light and Flagstaff superlight both come down the same assembly line with the same people building them. You can definitely see the Amish quality in the building.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:00 PM   #14

I have a 2918 Rockwood (made on same line as Flagstaff) over 12,000 miles and nearly 7 months and continue to really like it

Forest River - Rockwood
2018 Ultra Lite 2040WS 5th wh
2018 Ram 1500 ED W/GDE Tunes
airlifts - Curt Hitch - 392 rear end
sasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusprime View Post
Hey all. I'm a hopeful soon to be RV'er. My wife and I are looking for a TT to take our family of 4 across the country. We went to an RV show today and looked at some FR models. One of the TT's we looked at was the Flagstaff Superlite 27BHWS. I was hoping to get some honest feedback on your personal experiences with these trailers (not necessarily the exact model) and how you feel about the quality. Any big common issues? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Last July we bought our TT, the same model you are seeing. We have not found any inconvenience, we are delighted with it! We know it is a travel trailer and we understand that the materials are light enough but of good quality! The small details are really insignificant and with love you can keep it right! 10 trips of 4 days average and planning almost all year! Family four too.
(Don't think too much, come in!)
Sorry for the English but I use the google translator.
Eduardo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:09 PM   #16

We picked up a 2019 27bhws last April. It's been great so far and we had it out a dozen or so times last year. The quality does seem to be better than others, we had friends by other brand the same time and had several issues.

Our water heater was bad from the factory but it was fixed within a week. The only other things have been minor like a screw backing out of the blinds. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191019_124915.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	223171
rmk184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:03 PM   #17

Dometic 300 toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechjet16mf View Post
We bought our 2014 Flagstaff 27RLWS and have about 25000 miles on it. We are presently in Deer Valley, AZ for the winter. We have had a few minor problems, but nothing very serious. I have fixed all the problems myself, except for the Dometic 300 toilet, having just installed the 5th one. We had Westlake tires and put 20,000 on them, but changed them out because of age. I replaced them with load range D Westlake tires, and have 5000 miles on them. My wife and I and our cat have been to Alaska, the Midwest, out West from Montana, and down through the Southwest. It has been a good trailer, and would buy another one. We purchased this one from Cheyenne Camping Center and were pleased with them.
I understood that Dometic was recalling all their 300 toilets and replacing them with 310s at no charge. The problem is that the two-piece bowl has a seam that opens up and waste products (squeamish people say "ewww" now) accumulate between the two parts. The 310 and subsequent products are one-piece.

Maybe worth your while to contact Dometic and change one more time.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:12 PM   #18

It's my understanding that the 310 is too big to fit. It has a different profile than the 300. If anyone has swapped out a 300 for a 310, I would like to know. I would be happy to get rid of the 300 .
beechjet16mf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:35 PM   #19

Uhh, yeah.

Quote:
It's my understanding that the 310 is too big to fit. It has a different profile than the 300. If anyone has swapped out a 300 for a 310, I would like to know. I would be happy to get rid of the 300 .
Uhh, yeah.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...-a-183682.html

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:48 PM   #20
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
My understanding is the 300 and 310 have the same footprint. The 320 is slightly different.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, lite