Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2019, 08:05 PM   #1

Flagstaff 25fks outside propane supply line too short

Anyone else have this problem? outside propane supply line on Flagstaff 25fks too short to reach outside stove top hook up. I solved it by reconfiguring supply line source (under bottom shelf of bathroom linen closet). Seems to have been a manufacturing line mistake. Didn't think to take pictures in process but will be glad to explain what I did.
revdavemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:19 PM   #2

Please describe what you did. My gas line reaches but just barely. Would like to give it a little more slack if possible. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:22 AM   #3

1) Remove bottom shelf in bathroom linen closet behind toilet. Five screws: 2 on back and 1 on each side. Remove shelf -- I pushed down on left side to raise right side and worked it out.

2) Remove black plastic box housing propane line. Two screws at the top. In my case the propane line came from shower base at right, under black box, and up left side into hole near top of box. That route took about 10 inches off the available length, and I was short of connecting by 8 inches.

Note: in hindsight, it would have helped to scribe a line across the top of the box and make a mark above each screw head before removing the box.

3) Remove zip tie clamping propane line to side of box. Unscrew from box and/or cut or loosen zip tie.

4) Turn black box over. Rotate counter clockwise 180 degrees so that top is on bottom and left side is on right, thus propane line goes directly into the box rather than around it.

This step required a lot of manipulation because the box fits tightly. I backed the propane line completely out of the box before turning it over, but that may not have been necessary.

5) Remount box. I lined up the lip of the box over the existing holes in the wall from which the two mounting screws were removed and drove the screws through the lip into what I hope was a close approximation to the location of the existing holes. See Note under Step 2.

6) Replace and reattach shelf.

That's it! Of course, this whole process took me a couple of hours. Not only was I trying to figure it out as I went, but it also involves working in dark, tight quarters while reaching over the toilet. If you don't absolutely need the extra inches of supply line, it may not be worth the effort. And if your existing line actually connects, you are already a step ahead of where I was!
revdavemiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, propane