Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #1

Flagstaff 26BHS

Anyone out there have one of these? The walk thru bathroom seems to be the only downside to the floorplan. Any thoughts?? Thx in advance...
mattgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #2

2012 26bhs

We purchased the 2012 version of this floorplan last April--new. Yes, did see the walkthrough bath as a negative, but wanted the murphy bed system to keep length shorter--husband wanted bunks for kids/future grandkids. Usually just husband and I, so not really a problem. Did take 2 daughters in June on Maine trip, and no problems with privacy. Younger kids might present different challenges.

Otherwise, length is good, murphy bed is easy to use. Not crowded at all, even with a dog kennel beneath the entertainment center. Bunk room is extra storage for us. Bath is plenty roomy & actual bath tub is a plus if you have little ones. 3 bunks are 32", one 26"; the 26 incher happens to be the one that would best fit a taller individual. Other pluses are 2 tvs, grill and outdoor stove as well as the outdoor kitchen & ability to move one tv outside for games, etc. Narrow baskets or pullouts of some sort are needed as the pantry & living area wardrobe are deep & narrow. I found mine at Target online.

Came with trim rings on wheels--those are somewhere on the roadside on Interstate 70 in Indiana. They didn't even make it to Ohio. Light shade in dinette fell during inaugural trip home, but dealer had a replacement sent right away--actually the whole light fixture. We're planning to get some things fixed under warranty we hope. The seal around the slide was torn at some time before we got it, and someone applied a tar substance to the tear as a repair. Didn't work, but we didn't go up on the roof in the 2 hour+ walkthrough we had, so we didn't catch it. Also, the oak panel on the refrigerator that is held on by a flimsy plastic clip fell off. Table wobbles to the point that things spill if anyone moves, so have to see if there's a fix for that. Might add a ladder--would have been used several times by now if we had it. Also, an awning over the slide would have come in handy when camping under trees during a rainstorm.

Hope this may be of help. Just joined the forum today, so couldn't have answered any sooner.
vwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

V with welcome to the forum!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum. As my sister explained, grand kids are not excited to spend time with you and they are not all concerned about the sleeping quarters. Buy the TT with the two of you in mind a it will be the two of you doing the most camping. The kids will sleep anywhere. The DW and I applied those thoughts and picked up the floor plan we wanted. We didn't consider bunks at all (mostly because the DW looks at them more like storage).

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #5

That was supposed to say...
Grand kids are more excited to spend time with you rather than their sleeping arraignments. When my sister and I were kids, we slept on the kitchen floor of our grand parents cottage in northern Ontario. We remember to time with them more than where we slept.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff