Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2021, 01:11 PM   #121
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTHERAPY View Post
How thick are the walls over the sink?
To attach a cup holder, what should I use for screws?
Is there a detailed video of how they are built?
What is the details needed for a tour of mfg facility?

Please help me and thank you,
Richard beistel (tntherapy)
e-mail TNTHERAPY50@yahoo.com
Use one of these:

https://www.grainger.com/product/49U...saAhsnEALw_wcB

https://www.target.com/p/command-lar...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:32 AM   #122
Texas RVr

This is common. What is happening is the check valve on the pump is sticking opened allowing water to go into the onboard water tank. Just turn the pump on for a few seconds after you connect to city water port and flow water into the system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volpreacher View Post
Have a question about our 25FBLS: when we are ready to leave after camping with electric and city water having been used, when we open the fresh water (which we didn't use or put water into) there is always a lot of water to empty. We noticed this by accident, since we weren't using the fresh water tank, just city water. We empty the tank and then the next camping trip, after attaching to city water, there is another significant amount to empty from the fresh water tank. Anyone have this problem, or is it a problem or the way it is made?
NorthTexasRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 06:42 PM   #123

2021 Microlite 25FBLS Solar Install

I'm attempting to install my solar controller to my 25fbls. I have a prewired solar sticker above my sink, so I purchased a Go Power pwm 10amp controller and a 100 watt roof panel. When I cut open the whole behind the Go Power sticker I only saw 3 wires that were loosen, fusion, white and red. I'm assuming fusion wire is solar positive. There was a black wire but it was not loosen and it ran inside the wall up near the ceiling and zip tied off.

Does anyone have an idea whether or not I should cut the black wire to connect it to my controller solar negative?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210307_113902.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	249099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210307_121714.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	249100  
Rollingforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:46 PM   #124

A great way to clean black tank with a soap solution

I've always been a little suspicious of the ability of the sprayer in the black tank to adequately clean the sensors and walls of the tank so I was trying to think of a way to introduce a soapy water solution into the tank sprayer to better clean it out. Adding water and soap through the dump drain never provided any velocity to clean the sensors and walls.

I found the solution on Amazon with a hose attachment that mixes soap at the nozzle. It is called Car Wash Sprayer and Boat Engine Flush. It also comes with a hose nozzle for $29.99.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To use it I attach the female side to the end of the hose, fill the reservoir with dawn dishwashing soap and attach the male end directly into the black tank flush opening. When the hose is turned on it mixes the soap with the water and sprays the inside of the black tank. There is a valve on the top of the reservoir that allows you to switch between soapy water or just plain water.

I use it after first dumping the tank and use some plain water first and follow up with the soap solution and then rinse with plain water. It seems to release additional solids and paper that didn't come out with the first plain water spray.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 7.33.54 PM.png
Views:	81
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	249804  
Ron Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:11 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingforward View Post
I'm attempting to install my solar controller to my 25fbls. I have a prewired solar sticker above my sink, so I purchased a Go Power pwm 10amp controller and a 100 watt roof panel. When I cut open the whole behind the Go Power sticker I only saw 3 wires that were loosen, fusion, white and red. I'm assuming fusion wire is solar positive. There was a black wire but it was not loosen and it ran inside the wall up near the ceiling and zip tied off.

Does anyone have an idea whether or not I should cut the black wire to connect it to my controller solar negative?
I found out the black wire is the 8 gauge battery negative cable and the fusion/red is the 8 gauge battery positive cable. So we're ok ��
Rollingforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #126

Thermostat

Someone smacked my OEM thermostat (coleman mach). Just replacing doesn't make sense. Thinking of a Honeywell Home (RTH6580WF). Will need a c-wire adapter? Ideas on the schematic. Existing wires are GREEN/BLUE/RED/WHITE/GRAY and YELLOW.

Unless there is a direct wiring, I will mount the adapter above thermo above on wall. I believe the adapter only uses 4 wires.

Please respond quickly. My wife is getting angry as we live in RV and its been getting cool at night.
TNTHERAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:37 AM   #127

Accidental stove eyes turned on

We love our FML 25FBLS - going on to second year using it weekly from April thru November.
One issue we have had happen a couple of times - while reaching across to set up the coffee maker we keep in the corner between the sink and the stove, we have unwittingly turned on a propane stove eye. Both times leaning in, we also hit the auto-start button that fired up the stove eye. So we realized it and turned it off.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so, did you do something to prevent it? I know to try and carefully be aware so as to avoid it, but if there is a fix, it would be one less worry.
Volpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:25 PM   #128

Quote:
We love our FML 25FBLS - going on to second year using it weekly from April thru November.
One issue we have had happen a couple of times - while reaching across to set up the coffee maker we keep in the corner between the sink and the stove, we have unwittingly turned on a propane stove eye. Both times leaning in, we also hit the auto-start button that fired up the stove eye. So we realized it and turned it off.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so, did you do something to prevent it? I know to try and carefully be aware so as to avoid it, but if there is a fix, it would be one less worry.

I installed an outlet on the right of the range and set the coffeemaker on the glass stove top.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:10 AM   #129
Retired Coastie

Quote:
We've got a 2018 25FBLS with our coffee pot/Keurig in the same place. Never had that happen yet. Our rig doesn't have anything "auto-start" so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. Can't think of a fix other than moving your coffee maker which doesn't make sense either. Sounds like something we used to call "small potatoes". Wouldn't worry about it. You'll figure it out. Good luck!!
mcsebald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:46 AM   #130

Can someone please look at their Solrea awning and tell me how many bolts are at the top flange on the side wall , my flange has holes for 4 bolts but only 2 installed .
Also found 2 major gaps in the pass through storage that I'm sure every trailer has it you want to know , I'll describe how to find them .
Ken-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:44 PM   #131

Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FBLS Owners Group, 2511s welcome too.

Deleted
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:30 PM   #132

Guide for refrigerator lines get pinched

The wide flat plastic support that the refrigerator propane and electrical lines are attached to that folds when the main slide is retracted gets pinched between the slide and the J Wrap (skirt). Has anyone else had this happen? If so, what did you do to fix it?

I took ours to the dealer and they replaced the J wrap, which got bent, and then modified the support by making it thinner so it would bend easier. Unfortunately, it bent the wrong way and came in contact with the tire, which resulted in the propane line and electrical lines wearing completely through.

Now we're back to the original design and their solution is to manually guide the support by hand when closing the slide. Of course, that tis hard to do if you have to be inside the TT to operate the slide. Plus, you could get your hand pinched in the process. The dealer claims Forest River does not have a solution and the guy at Forest River Customer Service won't let me talk to a Forest River tech, he just refers me to the dealer's tech.

It been in the shop since March 1 and we're still waiting for it to be fixed correctly.
Ron Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:53 PM   #133

Help with Victron 712 install?

Hi Everyone,

Well, I've been fairly inactive on this forum for some time which must mean that we're just enjoying the trailer! We have managed to make some minor enhancements and have a few more improvements planned for the near future. The next one in the queue is to install a Victron 712 Smart battery monitor.

We're running two 6-volt 230 AH batteries and use a 2000 watt Yamaha generator to top off the batteries when we "think" they may be getting low based on the little LEDs on the control panel.

Anyway, our last trip during which we used the heater fan more than usual convinced me that we really have no real idea of what's going on with our batteries, so we decided to get the Victron 712. I opted for this unit because it has Bluetooth capability that can connect to an app on your phone or tablet. It would be nice to have the monitor in the trailer, but there's actually no need to take on that seemingly huge task with this unit.

I'm wondering if any of you have done an install of this Victron or any other models, and how you worked it all out. I'm not a very handy guy and realize that this may be above my pay grade unless I'm convinced with instructions and maybe even pictures.

Thanks for any information!

Rick

Rick & Marilyn
TT - 2019.5 Flagstaff MicroLite 25FBLS
TV - 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4
rickj514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:40 PM   #134

Help with Victron 712 install? [COMPLETED]

Well, a couple of nights ago (instead of sleeping) I came up with a rough design as to how I'd lay out the Victron 712 battery monitor installation for our travel trailer.

Yesterday was the project day, and after many trips to the hardware store I got the install completed.

Basically, the install would go in these steps:
- Bolt an electrical quad box under the floor fairly close to the battery box which would house the Victron's shunt.
- Install the shunt in the quad box and then run the battery cables from the shunt to the battery box.
- Install the Victron monitor in the back wall of the basement storage area on the right side. (No need to place the monitor inside the trailer as there's an app that connects to it and displays everything!)
- Run the UTP cable to the monitor.
- Install the app on my phone.

The shunt was actually too big for a quad box, so I found a larger Centex box which did the job. I removed the negative cable from the battery that went to the frame and ran it to one side of the shunt. I then purchased a 4-ft negative battery cable and ran it from the other side of the shunt to the negative terminal of the battery.

Finally, I ran the UTP cable from the shunt under the floor to a hole right behind the rear wall of the basement storage area. I then mounted the monitor on the wall near the access on the right sider of the trailer.

It all came together beautifully and I now have the ability to actually monitor what's going on with my batteries!

We plan on getting a 200 watt Renogy solar suitcase and use the 200 watt Yamaha generator as a last resort.

Hopefully, this helps any of you that may be considering a battery monitor.

Happy camping!

Rick
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5654[1].jpg
Views:	111
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	256736   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5657[1].jpg
Views:	90
Size:	378.1 KB
ID:	256740   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5651[1].jpg
Views:	92
Size:	445.0 KB
ID:	256741  

Rick & Marilyn
TT - 2019.5 Flagstaff MicroLite 25FBLS
TV - 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4
rickj514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 02:15 PM   #135
DWE

Problem filling water tank

When I fill the fresh water tank there seams to develop an air lock. I fill and the lights say 2 lights. I knew the tank wasn’t full so I blew into the fill and heard a gurgle sound then I could put mute water in until it came out the fill hole. Blew in it again and could add more water, 3 lights. Did this a few more times until I had 4 lights. What could be causing the air lock?
Old 08-25-2021, 07:40 AM   #136

Question about front trailer light on 2020 25FBLS

We have had our trailer just over a year. It is parked under a roof, and the front is visible when looking out our house windows. Early this morning when it was still dark out, we noticed something odd we have never seen before. The front light on the trailer jack was glowing dimly even though the switch was not on. My husband turned the switch on and off, and a bit later, a small green light was glowing instead. Now that it is daylight, there does not appear to be any lights glowing at all. I even went down to the camper with a dark blanket to cover me and the light, just in case it was not visible in the daylight.

We look out the window plenty of times when it is dark out, and have never seen this before. Has anyone else seen this, or know what might be the cause?
Old 09-09-2021, 02:17 PM   #137

Bedroom TV

I have noticed that a 19" will fit, anyone know if a 24" will fit?
Lee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:50 AM   #138

Fresh water tank fills when connected to city water

Good morning everyone. Our 2020 25FBLS is 18 months old and has been used regularly since new. However on our current trip we discovered that the freshwater tank fills when we’re connected to city water. We’re aware that the shower mizer puts water in the freshwater tank, but the shower mizer is off yet there’s a continuous flow to the freshwater tank regardless. Is there a backflow restrictor that may have failed? We work around the problem by shutting off the city water and use the water in the tank, but the pump is annoying especially in the middle of the night when the toilet is flushed. I did notice what appears to be a plastic shutoff near the pump, but I wasn’t able to move the valve handle and I didn’t want to force it since we’re on the road now and don’t plan to be home for several days. Thank you for your insights.
wagraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:45 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisTina View Post
We have had our trailer just over a year. It is parked under a roof, and the front is visible when looking out our house windows. Early this morning when it was still dark out, we noticed something odd we have never seen before. The front light on the trailer jack was glowing dimly even though the switch was not on . . . .
My FBLS was bought new in 2020. Some time or other I noticed the same very dim trailer jack light. Switch on and bright, switch off and very dim glow. I don't know why, maybe it is common to all FBLS. It doesn't seem to hurt anything, just a low drain on the battery that can be solved by the battery switch. being turned off. Maybe someone else with more knowledge will tell us more.
Volpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:17 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-Rhonda View Post
Sunday we finished loading up our 25FBLS with our gear from the 5th wheel. Its amazing the room this camper has. I was able to fit all gear I had in the basement of the 5th wheel into the front drop down storage on the new rig.

Dishes and other stuff fit on the interior with room to spare. Pantry is huge.

Forest River has moved the water pump and the water filter up to the front storage on the drivers side behind the cabinet door. Makes getting to much more easier than back in the bathroom where it used to be I think. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to get the drawers removed to reach the hot water heater.

This is really a big 26' camper. Would anyone know if there is a 12 volts run of wires close to the bedroom vent, I'm wanting to add a maxfan.

Now to camp. The central Virginia weather forecast has been unfair. Nice weather during the work week and rain on Saturdays.

Thanks
Tim
I also have a 25FBLS and want to add a power vent to the bedroom. Dis you ever do that project or look for a possible wire set near the vent?
2019 Ford Expedition Platinum
Shaunson54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, lite