Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2020, 01:56 PM   #101

Opinions please

We just finished our first trip in our 25FBLS. We have the following questions.

1. I messed up a couple of stabilizer scissor jacks. One was so damaged I replaced. But replacement had reversed threads.

Would Red Hound Auto (set of 4) Telescoping Folding Trailer Stabilizer Jacks, Swing Down, 1000 Lbs Support Capacity Each for RV Trailer Camper Includes Handle and Mounting work?

2. Will a cell phone carrier's hotspot work for internet connectivity?

3. What all would the hotspot fix: Internet and TV reception? Any suggestions on size?

4. Our levelers (for under tires) broke, probably due to gravel. How do you feel about these : Tri-Lynx 00015 Lynx Levelers or is there something better?

5. Is there a metal sheet that I can hang to put magnets on?
TNTHERAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #102

Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FBLS Owners Group, 2511s welcome too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Bell View Post
Where did you get your male Marine 15A plug and how deep is it? What did you do on the inside of the exterior wall to accommodate the incoming wire and the back of the plug?

Did you have to use a shallow old work box for the receptacle? Did you encounter any aluminum studs in the wall or is the receptacle directly opposite where the wire exits the bathroom cabinet?

https://www.amazon.com/Journeyman-Pr.../dp/B01E6N0XFI

I’d take pictures but the trailer is in storage.

I used a hole saw to cut the hole through to empty space under the vanity. Of course I had to buy another hole saw as I didn’t have the required size. You can pretty much tell where studs are by looking down the exterior wall. Used 12 gauge wire to run line to I believe a regular size remodel box. The interior wall on mine is around 3.5” thick. Not sure about the 2021’s. Used a Dremel to cut hole in wall. Cuts like butter and only about 1/8th inch. Located mine near a stud. Make sure there’s no plastic sink vent in the wall. Don’t remember if there is one or not. Used a Ground fault outlet.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:32 AM   #103

Upper cabinet weight capacity

We just picked up our new 25FBLS and are trying to organize everything before we head out on our first trip.

There is a large cabinet above the sink which has a lot of volume, but I am concerned about the weight capacity of the cabinet. Has anyone had a problem with the bottom of the cabinet failing due to the weight of the contents?

In our last 5th wheel we had the bottom of a lower cabinet collapse due to the contents bouncing up and down during towing. I don't want that to happen with an upper cabinet.

We don't plan to store anything really heavy, but lots of small stuff adds up weight-wise.
Ron Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:45 AM   #104

We store all our plastic and paper plates, bowls and toaster along with a couple of measuring cups that are glass in this cupboard. We use a wire shelf to provide extra surface space.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:53 PM   #105

6V vs 12V batteries

We just ordered our FBLS awaiting delivery early next year. I have been trying to decide if I should go with 2 12V deep cycle batteries or 2 6V deep cycle golf cart batteries.

I am wondering what others have done. I have been told that 2 6V are better than 2 12V. Interested in peoples opinions on this.

thanks and looking forward to participating more in the forum as we get our trailer and begin to prepare it for our first trip.

Rich
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:29 AM   #106

Gas vs diesel fuel mileage

The tow vehicle for our 25FBLS is a 2019 Yukon with a 6.2L gas engine. I get between 7 and 8 mpg when towing and about 22 mpg on the highway when not towing. Our previous RV was a 13,000 pound 5th wheel, which we towed with a 3500 Ram diesel, and we got about 11 mpg when towing.

I would like to know if anyone is using a 3/4 or 1 ton Ram, Ford or GM diesel to tow their 25FBLS and, if so, what the mpg is when towing?

The 2021 Yukon/Suburban is available with a 3.0L diesel which gets better highway mileage, but the dealer I spoke with said the 6.2L gas engine will tow better then the little 3.0L diesel. I don't have any idea what the towing mileage would be.

Thank you
Old 11-28-2020, 09:27 AM   #107

Tow a Flagstaff 26fkbs with a Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi. 9 to 10 mpg, usually closer to 9.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:21 AM   #108

Using a 2017 F-150 SuperCab with 3.5 turbo. 21 ish highway
9 ish pulling the 25FBLS
Old 12-08-2020, 11:41 PM   #109
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

2018 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel LTZ. Just buy one.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 06:50 PM   #110

20 FBLS and towing with a 2019 F150 crew cab lariat 4x4 3.5L
Just went 700 miles for thanksgiving and averaged Just under 8 running 70-75 most of the time. We have only used this new camper a few times and I did not realize the shower mizer was partially filling the fresh water tank so I was dragging some extra water weight.
Chris Lemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #111

I am towing 25 Flag staff 25 FBLS with 1500 Ram with 5.7 Hemi . getting 12 MPG on flat land driving 65 to 70
Duke02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:23 PM   #112

Bent stabilizer

First time I have ever bent a stabilizer in 20 years not even sure how it happened. My question is how do you determine if the ones on the camper are 25 or 30" not sure what to measure. Plan on upgrading all 4 to stronger ones. The factory one are to lite and allow a lot of shake.
Thank you.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:50 PM   #113

Our Dometic DM2872RBFX refrigerator is completely dead. The TT was purchased in November 2020 and has only been used for about 14 days total since then. It worked last week when we left for a trip and was dead the next day after towing it for about 8 hours.

The auto/gas light does not come on. It does not cool with electricity or gas (both worked before we started our latest trip). I have 13VDC at the DC terminals and 120VAC at the AC plug. Both glass fuses are good and the thermo switch on the flue has 12VDC on both terminals.

Had a tech come out and replaced the control board in the back but the refrigerator is still dead. The next thing to do is replace the eyebrow board where the on/off switch and auto/gas switches are located. I know I have 12V to the eyebrow board, so its not the wiring between the control board and the eyebrow board.

Has anyone else had similar issues or can anyone off any suggestions?
Old 01-10-2021, 11:43 AM   #114

When we are using our fireplace and start our microwave, the fireplace shuts off. No breakers trip, the fireplace just stops working. Once the microwave is off, a little while later, but not instantly, I can manually restart the fireplace.

Other posts I've read elsewhere refer to a relay that disconnects power to the fireplace when the microwave is in use. Has anyone else experienced this? Is the fireplace supposed to restart on its own or does it have to be manually turned on again after the microwave is off?
Old 01-12-2021, 02:23 PM   #115

2021 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FBLS oven pilot light?

Does the oven have a pilot light? The stove eyes have the auto-light knob but it doesn't work with the oven. We have lit the oven but have never been able to light or find a pilot light setting. Are we missing something? Wife likes to use the oven - biscuits, cakes, etc.

As for the question about fireplace heater going off when the microwave oven is used - that is what happens with us too. I just restart the fireplace. I don't think anything is wrong - it is just a matter of pulling too many amps for both to be used simultaneously. Of course I could be wrong.
Volpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:43 PM   #116
Site Team

Quote:
When we are using our fireplace and start our microwave, the fireplace shuts off. No breakers trip, the fireplace just stops working. Once the microwave is off, a little while later, but not instantly, I can manually restart the fireplace.

Other posts I've read elsewhere refer to a relay that disconnects power to the fireplace when the microwave is in use. Has anyone else experienced this? Is the fireplace supposed to restart on its own or does it have to be manually turned on again after the microwave is off?
From what I've read, on many RVs, you can't run both at the same time. I don't remember if there's a switch or it automatically turns the other off.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:50 PM   #117

Microwave/Fireplace

It turns the fireplace off automatically but, unfortunately, doesn’t turn it back on automatically.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:54 PM   #118

Contact at Forest River

Does anyone have a name of a person at Forest River who seems receptive to resolving issues? I’ve been told by my dealer it’ll take at least 5-6 weeks to get a replacement eyebrow circuit board for our refrigerator. That’s a long time to wait since were going to be using out TT 3 weeks out of every month from now through May.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:56 PM   #119

Quote:
Does anyone have a name of a person at Forest River who seems receptive to resolving issues? I’ve been told by my dealer it’ll take at least 5-6 weeks to get a replacement eyebrow circuit board for our refrigerator. That’s a long time to wait since were going to be using out TT 3 weeks out of every month from now through May.
Yep. Lucas Bemiller lbemiller@forestriverinc.com
He has been a tremendous help to us even though our unit is a 2016.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:04 PM   #120

What to use on walls

How thick are the walls over the sink?
To attach a cup holder, what should I use for screws?
Is there a detailed video of how they are built?
What is the details needed for a tour of mfg facility?

Please help me and thank you,
Richard beistel (tntherapy)
e-mail TNTHERAPY50@yahoo.com
TNTHERAPY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, lite