Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2021, 12:16 PM   #141

Hello, We have had had our Flagstaff Microlite 25FBLS for a couple of months now and love it our only difficulty we’re having his filling the freshwater tank doesn’t seem to take water very well and can’t really get it above half full.
Thunderduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 02:33 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Bell View Post
The wide flat plastic support that the refrigerator propane and electrical lines are attached to that folds when the main slide is retracted gets pinched between the slide and the J Wrap (skirt). Has anyone else had this happen? If so, what did you do to fix it?

I took ours to the dealer and they replaced the J wrap, which got bent, and then modified the support by making it thinner so it would bend easier. Unfortunately, it bent the wrong way and came in contact with the tire, which resulted in the propane line and electrical lines wearing completely through.

Now we're back to the original design and their solution is to manually guide the support by hand when closing the slide. Of course, that tis hard to do if you have to be inside the TT to operate the slide. Plus, you could get your hand pinched in the process. The dealer claims Forest River does not have a solution and the guy at Forest River Customer Service won't let me talk to a Forest River tech, he just refers me to the dealer's tech.

It been in the shop since March 1 and we're still waiting for it to be fixed correctly.
My solution was to attach a bungee cord to help it fold properly. Any elastic cord tied at the fold with a little tension and tied to someplace solid will provide enough help to get the job done. Since attaching this I haven't had any further problem.
Volpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #143

25FBSL Bedroom TV mount

Good morning fellow 25FBSL owners. We have the 2020 model, purchased at the end of 2019. It has served us well. Now we're thinking of installing a small tv in the bedroom. The factor sticker shows were to mount the tv, which brings me to my first question:

How big an area did the factory provide for mounting the television? The sticker is only a few inches square, so I'm curious how big an area can I sink tv mounting screws in the hope of finding enough wood to securely sink the screws?

Second question: Can I mount a residential TV or does it have to be an "RV" model?
wagraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:38 PM   #144
Site Team

There is no such thing as "RV" tv.
There are 12v tvs but I've never seen a Smart one.
Any regular tv will work unless you really want a 12v tv.
We got rid of the OEM TV because it wasn't a Smart tv. We have a Samsung and a Vizio.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:41 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Bell View Post
The wide flat plastic support that the refrigerator propane and electrical lines are attached to that folds when the main slide is retracted gets pinched between the slide and the J Wrap (skirt). Has anyone else had this happen? If so, what did you do to fix it?

I took ours to the dealer and they replaced the J wrap, which got bent, and then modified the support by making it thinner so it would bend easier. Unfortunately, it bent the wrong way and came in contact with the tire, which resulted in the propane line and electrical lines wearing completely through.

Now we're back to the original design and their solution is to manually guide the support by hand when closing the slide. Of course, that tis hard to do if you have to be inside the TT to operate the slide. Plus, you could get your hand pinched in the process. The dealer claims Forest River does not have a solution and the guy at Forest River Customer Service won't let me talk to a Forest River tech, he just refers me to the dealer's tech.

It been in the shop since March 1 and we're still waiting for it to be fixed correctly.
Are 2022 is doing the same thing. Did they ever come up with a fix?
albuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 03:04 PM   #146

I have a 2019 MicroLite 21ds and the very same thing happened to my front window...in the exact same place as yours and on my first trip. There is no chip indicating a pebble kicked up and stsrted the crack. I believe it happened due to the flexing /motion of the unit going down the road.....what do you think?
Is it just going to happen again once it's replaced? wonder how much it costs to replace? Anyone with similar issues?
sbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 07:19 AM   #147

Adding underbelly spare tire holder

Considering adding a BAL Hide-a-spare to my 25FBLS. The 28218 model is made for trailers with underbelly enclosure but it is $130 higher priced. It looks to me that there is plenty of room to install the model 28217 a little towards the front where there is an added I-beam holding the fresh water tank. Has anyone in the forum added a hide-a-spare to their 25FBLS. If so, which model did you use and how did it go? Thank you for help.
Old 04-23-2022, 02:37 PM   #148
NPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volpreacher View Post
Considering adding a BAL Hide-a-spare to my 25FBLS. The 28218 model is made for trailers with underbelly enclosure but it is $130 higher priced. It looks to me that there is plenty of room to install the model 28217 a little towards the front where there is an added I-beam holding the fresh water tank. Has anyone in the forum added a hide-a-spare to their 25FBLS. If so, which model did you use and how did it go? Thank you for help.

I have a 2021 25rks and that is exactly where I put my unit. I located it as far back as I could in that lower I beam area. I used the 28217. I fits great and is up out of the way.
Old 06-21-2022, 06:40 AM   #149

Hide-a-spare

Installed the BAL hide-a-spare this week and it fits mighty well. Plenty of clearance and if my portable waste tank was a little less thick, it would have plenty of room for it as well. I am pleased with the upgrade. Used the BAL model that ends in 17 as referred to in previous post.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:58 PM   #150

Has anyone replaced the entry door lock with a keyless lock? I took the existing lock loose and measured the hole at 3.5" x 2.75". All the keyless locks I have found on Amazon require a 3.75" x 2.75" hole. I am not eager to enlarge the hole. Is it possible that one of these will fit and if not is there a model out there I haven't found that fits?
Old 10-25-2022, 06:26 AM   #151

Hurricane IAN

My house was flooded. Somehow my RV in open storage lot, unattended for 3 years, between pandemic, colon cancer and hurricane IAN in Cape Coral survived.

No damage. Had to replace house bats. Now in circular drive and our home..for the next several years.

Last night co2 alarm went off.. had to cut a wire to get it to stop. No propane onboard... nothing cooking.

Will have to replace the donut sponge mattress with a real queen size matress, like a SERTA.... Terrible on back after 2 surgeries.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:34 PM   #152

Quote:
Installed the BAL hide-a-spare this week and it fits mighty well. Plenty of clearance and if my portable waste tank was a little less thick, it would have plenty of room for it as well. I am pleased with the upgrade. Used the BAL model that ends in 17 as referred to in previous post.

Pictures?? Interested in seeing this.
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:39 PM   #153

Quote:
Has anyone replaced the entry door lock with a keyless lock? I took the existing lock loose and measured the hole at 3.5" x 2.75". All the keyless locks I have found on Amazon require a 3.75" x 2.75" hole. I am not eager to enlarge the hole. Is it possible that one of these will fit and if not is there a model out there I haven't found that fits?

I used an RVLock V4.0 on a 2022 2511S. Fit like it should.

Bought a Thumb Latch for the outside water hose too. No need for that to be keyed up.
Husky CenterLine WDH
Old 11-28-2022, 07:52 AM   #154
Tom D.

WD Hitch with internal sway control

Hi all, I'm seeking advice on a good weight control hitch with internal sway control for my new 25FBLS. I've looked at quite a few manufactures and haven't been able to pick one that stands out. I'd appreciate any thoughts you may have on this subject.
My TV is a 2016 F-150 SCREW with the 7,000# capacity tow package.
4108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 10:10 AM   #155

Adding underbelly spare tire holder

Sorry I have been so tardy about getting pictures. Getting the pictures wasn't the problem; the problem was figuring how to attach them to this post. I hope they show up when I post this. By the way I also have since added the RV Lock 4.0 and it fit fine and works well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spare tire holder 1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	484.5 KB
ID:	285835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Spare tire holder 2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	599.8 KB
ID:	285836  
Old 04-12-2023, 10:44 AM   #156
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Underbelly Storage

Nice, so it will pull out to access the tire then. Cheers!

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 11:48 AM   #157

Thanks for the pictures. Was wondering if that is where it went. Initially thought it would be too low.
Husky CenterLine WDH
Old 04-12-2023, 02:35 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4108 View Post
Hi all, I'm seeking advice on a good weight control hitch with internal sway control for my new 25FBLS. I've looked at quite a few manufactures and haven't been able to pick one that stands out. I'd appreciate any thoughts you may have on this subject.

My TV is a 2016 F-150 SCREW with the 7,000# capacity tow package.
Since my 1972 Prowler I've been towing 24-27' trailers using the old fashioned "round bar" WD hitches with the equally old fashioned friction sway control with absolutely no problems. My current hitch is a Curt "round bar" (spring bars are round where they attach to the ball mount) hitch rated for 1,000 lb tongue weight. Loaded have 850# TW. 750# bars to light, 1,000# bars just right.

My Titan is similar to the F-150 in tow capacity.

Over the years I've seen all kinds of new WD hitches come on the market but most are often way to expensive, too heavy, and probably unnecessary if one has a tow vehicle properly matched to the trailer.

A Curt "round bar" WD hitch, with sway control, sells for $380 on the e-trailer website.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:13 PM   #159

Mine came with a Husky Centerline Hitch with 800-1200 lb bars and am completely satisfied with it. But this is my first camper and never had a hitch before so I can not compare it to anything.

I was at the dealer yesterday picking up a part they had held over the winter for me. I actually asked their mechanic why they use the Husky as I have not seen too many. Basically said they have good results and feedback on them. He was not fond of any hitch using chains. I asked him about the Anderson and he said that 5 out of 7 customers that he as seen with them got rid of them. The other two people loved them.

Only complaint he hears about Husky is noisy pulling into tight areas such as sites and gas stations. That they are.

I had to adjust mine after I put my truck back to original configuration and getting trailer to a standard loaded weight. Maybe an hour and a half altogether and I think it ended up at my first changed adjustment. I think I tried three adjustments overall.
Husky CenterLine WDH
Old 09-04-2023, 03:13 PM   #160

New 25FBLS (2023)

Just took delivery of our new Micro Lite. Downsizing from a Jayco 321RLTS 5th wheel. In the bag of stuff that came with the trailer were two sets of brackets and a square tube and a toilet paper roll holder. Towel hanger I would guess.. Where have folks mounted these? Two screws per bracket. The walls are rather thin, and don't want to have the screws pull out and cause damage.
smithrjd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, lite