Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2019, 10:23 PM   #1

Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FBLS Owners Group, 2511s welcome too.

Background: We purchased a new 25FBLS about two months ago. Did two shakedown trips and spent hours going over things to adjust what was missed at the factory-dealer and to perform a few modifications that we needed. More on that later.

So here we are 2200 miles into our first long trip with our 2FBLS and have had zero problems until today (other than a missing porch light lens) . [emoji853] Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3494.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	484.0 KB
ID:	213713Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3496.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	345.2 KB
ID:	213712Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3492.jpg
Views:	748
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	213711After setting up camp and settling in for dinner I noticed that where the refrigerator wall meets the slide out wall the two walls have pulled away about 3/8”. It only happened in the center like maybe the exterior wall has bowed out and pulled three screws out that anchored the fridge wall. Has anyone experienced this with their 25FBLS or 2511s?
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #2

So here’s an update to our slide out problem. We made it home without to many issues. The outside wall of the slide is bowed out almost 1/2” from top to bottom nearly its entire length which is why the fridge wall pulled away from it. The sealant that was applied to the inside of the refer cabinet to seal the trailer off from exhaust fumes held on to the vinyl wall covering and separated it from the slide out wall. In a couple of places the sealant did come away from the wall so there is definitely the possibility of carbon monoxide getting into the trailer when using the gas feature.

When we got home and I was cleaning and washing the trailer I discovered a stress crack in the lower corner of the front windshield. This was a fear I had from the very beginning with this type of windshield.

I took the trailer to the dealer today so that they could take pictures and videos and send them to the factory to get advice on how to proceed with slide out repairs and to replace the front window.

Any contact numbers for factory warranty people at Forest River/Flagstaff. I think I’ll call and see what they think the problem is.

Unfortunately on our return trip home, three days from home my wife tripped leaving the bathhouse at one of the campgrounds and face planted in the gravel parking lot. Monday she goes in to repair a fractured eye orbit. [emoji853]

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3641.JPG
Views:	617
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	214863
Old 09-13-2019, 06:51 PM   #3
Explore

Funengineer,

Thank you for starting this thread. I subscribed to it and can contribute as a Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S owner.
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
Funengineer,

Thank you for starting this thread. I subscribed to it and can contribute as a Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S owner.

[emoji106]
Old 09-13-2019, 06:58 PM   #5

On a positive note here are a few modifications we made to the trailer before we left on our trip. Shelf reinforcement below the TV and additional shelves in the wardrobe closet and behind the TV. Also hinged the counter top extension.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3271.JPG
Views:	611
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	214911Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3278.JPG
Views:	581
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	214910Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3283.JPG
Views:	624
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	214909Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3281.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	312.2 KB
ID:	214908Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3280.JPG
Views:	560
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	214907Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3279.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	214906
Old 09-13-2019, 07:03 PM   #6

Insulated the bottom of the bed to isolate it from the unheated and uninsulated pass through storage. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3192.JPG
Views:	494
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	214913Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3191.JPG
Views:	509
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	214912
Old 09-15-2019, 06:34 PM   #7
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funengineer View Post
Insulated the bottom of the bed to isolate it from the unheated and uninsulated pass through storage.
Looks nice. What is the name of the insulation material you used and where did you buy it?
Old 09-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
Looks nice. What is the name of the insulation material you used and where did you buy it?

I’m not sure but I think I purchased it at Lowe’s. It’s not the highest r-value but it should do what I expect. This was 1” which fits up and into the aluminum frame offering a little protection to the foam. I couldn’t find a better r-value with foil. I also chose this because I felt the foil side would reflect the heat radiating into the trailer. I cut it to friction fit and used styrofoam construction adhesive holding each piece in place with scraps of the foam wedged between the foam and floor. I replaced the luan panel on the vertical wall after insulating the wall. In addition to this foam I used spray foam everywhere there was a hole that penetrated either a wall or the floor for both insulation and to keep critters out. So every accessible drain, vent or wire hole was spray foamed including under cabinets, in walls and the shower.

Attachment 1Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1265.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	215072
Old 09-30-2019, 11:54 PM   #9

Smile New 2019 Micro Lite 25fbls

Thanks for starting the Group. My 5th RV over the last 30 years. Bounder 1990, Eagle Bus Conversion 1998, Class As, no trans when you arrive unless you have a tow vehicle. 2010 Eggcamper behind Hummer, a little too tight, Cyclone 5th wheel, loaded , very nice, carried my Harley, But huge tow vehicle.

The size of this is perfect for 2, plus our dog and cat... and why we need an RV. Is towed by our 2017 Dodge Durango R/T... with Equalizer WDS.

Forest River has the least complaints. so we chose it. So far here are the things we are having to workout:

A separate hookup for gray and black, a first for any of our RVs, when one is bad enough. Yes getting Y connector and etc... but still 2 connections, more Rhino lines.

Sat Ready , not really since we mount ours on roof, no room to store a ground unit and tripod. No desire to set up when arriving late for an over nightery or finding it missing in the morning. Mounting on roof a Dish with Wally for Main TV and 2nd Wally for Bedroom TV... not that straight forward of a hookup. Not working after a week.

Solar Ready, not Really since it is unregulated, so can only handle a 4-6 watt panel for trickle charging batteries while in storage.. and it would be stolen. So having 100 watt flexible panel installed on roof and a $20, 30 watt solar controller which can handle 8 such panels. Added the second battery. Had some 160 watt metal frame solar panels , but decided to give the Flex a try since they weigh about 36 lbs less. The solar controller is mounted by bedroom TV panel.

Stab Jacks... Take too long to get down by hand or drill, too much bending over at age 70. If you are traveling a lot, short stays.. just not workable, spending 1500 for electric jacks. I hear in 2020 they are a factory option and its a lot cheaper. Get them!

The Dinette seat backs are held up with just 2 dot Velcro patches... need at least 4.

Yes, more shelves are needed. Can you list the metal shelving parts and sizes, screws/size and where to buy.... Great Idea.

Have the 15,000 BTU A/C and it is working well in 98 degree heat. Don't think I need to insulate the pass thru storage, but a great job. I will avoid real cold areas.

The add on counter top is worthless the way it attaches. Your folding attachment is the way to go! Can you again list the parts, descriptions and where you bought them. Have added Control Plastic hooks for mugs behind sink, and a hanger for keys coming in the door and spice rack beside stove. Velcro patches for hanging up remotes. Will mount a basket over end table by bed on slide out side.

The cracked windshield and problems with slide out is something I would like to think could not happen in 3000 miles or ten years. But sadly, it seems to go along with owning a Trailer....
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:56 AM   #10
Explore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hill View Post
Stab Jacks... Take too long to get down by hand or drill, too much bending over at age 70. If you are traveling a lot, short stays.. just not workable, spending 1500 for electric jacks. I hear in 2020 they are a factory option and its a lot cheaper. Get them!
Welcome to this forum John.

Power stabilizer jacks were a factory option in 2019. We ordered them with our new 2511S in Aug 2019. Our cost was $508. Spending $1500 (P&L) seems very high. Our two former trailers had manual cranks. What a BIG convenience difference power stabilizer jacks has made. Been using them almost a year now and no issues.

Camp4two
Old 10-01-2019, 09:18 AM   #11

Yes VERY expensive

.Yep should have been on the unit as an installed option. Factory installed options are 1/2 to 1/3 as much. They list for 700 ea. w/o installation... Still cheaper than back surgery or steroid injections.... I decided to bite this painful bullet after cranking just one down by hand and bringing it up by drill in 95 degrees.... 110 in the sun.... I was lucky to find a unit in the same state... Sales person said they zip right up and down with drill...lol....

Just want everyone to know.. order them or make sure your unit has them on it at the start and have the install as part of your purchase agreement if not, not after the fact.

Regards
Old 10-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #12

Looked on line for you wire shelves w/o luck....
Old 10-01-2019, 02:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Looked on line for you wire shelves w/o luck....

Hi John
The shelves were left overs from my neighbor. I think what I had were two different brands but they all install the same. I think I purchased some items from Lowe’s or HD and they were Closet Maid brand. I used sheet metal screws where ever I had a piece of pine stud to attach to which wasn’t very often. I also used a combination of very thin metal drywall expanding anchors and a few of the plastic expanding anchors. I’ll try to post pictures. Since I installed the shelves upside down to take advantage of the built in lip I had to cut off a portion on the back of the large plastic hanger visible at the front of the selves in the bedroom closet.
https://www.amazon.com/Swpeet-Assort.../dp/B07HKBQVGW
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ALLIGATOR...GLER/619715768
https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...4717/100040570 https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...6620/100146343
https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...7546/100165627

Regarding the folding hinges for the kitchen counter I bought those on Amazon. They were stainless steel which is more expensive than painted but it matches the rest of the trim. [emoji4]. https://www.amazon.com/Collapsible-B.../dp/B07QKYNB5J

I also ordered and installed this in my storage area on my gray and black tank valve side of the trailer. Keeps all my stuff together. Paper towel, hand cleaner, WD-40, vinyl gloves etc. A little extravagant but hey I’m worth it. [emoji6]
https://www.amazon.com/Pit-Posse-Alu.../dp/B000UHDX7U

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funengineer View Post
On a positive note here are a few modifications we made to the trailer before we left on our trip. Shelf reinforcement below the TV and additional shelves in the wardrobe closet and behind the TV. Also hinged the counter top extension.
Attachment 214911Attachment 214910Attachment 214909Attachment 214908Attachment 214907Attachment 214906
Thanks, my wife has sewage duty...lol but another good idea in Pass Thru Bay... my only problem is that a screwdriver in my hand is considered a lethal weapon by equipment in 25 states.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:20 AM   #15

TV antenna Amplifier

Is there a TV signal amplifier and where is it located....

Regards
Old 10-03-2019, 07:42 AM   #16
Explore

Quote:
Is there a TV signal amplifier and where is it located....

Regards
The TV antenna amplifier is located on the wall plate behind the TV. There is a small black on/off button. When pushed on, a tiny green light appears. It is a 12V amplifier. When dry camping keep it off, unless your TV is 12v or runs off an inverter.

Here is a photo. Your wall plate may be black.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 10-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #17

First Towing

Towed it (2019 model) with my 2017 Dodge Durango R/T v8 with its tow package and Equalizer WDS. Backing up to the trailer ball was the easiest ever.. The Durango's backup camera allows pin point connection. Hooking up a WDS system, not as easy. Towed well, no sway, but the WDS makes very annoying sounds when you turn sharp.. just the way it is.

Still have not located the TV signal amplifier. Just check again, only have 2 wall plates with a coax and one is the bedroom...
Well as predicted at the first RV Park, our new entry step style had to be adjusted all the way in to work do to a slight bump in the crowd. The steps are a great idea, whose time should not have come....

I ended up under trees which is good except with a Sat dish on top. Surprise, the DISH worked well even under Tree cover.. the pecans walling on the roof all nigh long is another story. The flat Mono crystal flexible solar panel 100 watt is working well even under the tree canopy. Wished I had the 200 watt panels that are newer... and don't cost anymore today. Solar and wind is the way to go. The tech is superior. Likely could camp off grid with 200 -300 watts for a long period of time... The electric stab jacks worked great, no movement in trailer at all, GET THEM! Pass thru storage is ample. Putting up Chair rack on Ladder to days and installing storage caddy in Pass thru as group founder did. The Fusion Camera worked great, however the std screen is really too small by 1/2. We have most stored away, a couple of the LED stick up light mounted in TV Cabinet, hanging closet and on wall as you enter the unit. Have 3 more , but ran out of batts.. 3 aaa per light. Need 2 in pass thru storage. Heading to Brunswick tomorrow . Then down to Orlando with an overnight stay on the way. Will spend a week there at Palms Resort at Old Town. Kissimmee .. been there before, really great.

The unit is roomy, perfect for 2 and a cat and lab... Still have to get Bedroom TV hooked and to its on SAT receiver.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #18

Newbies

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum & read the reviews on the 25FBLS. For those of you that have owned it a while, do you still love it? Any major problems with it? We've been going back & forth between a Grand Design Imagine & this one. Would love to hear your thoughts, what you love & dislike about the 25FBLS & any problems you've had.

Also, has anyone put a standard queen size mattress in it? Does it fit ok?

Has anyone replaced the kitchen sink & faucet? That's probably my biggest drawback right now. Can you use a standard sink & faucet?

Any other tips you can tell us?

Thanks so much!
NewbieCampers
Jim & Benita
NewbieCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:33 PM   #19

The amplifier is there John. Inside the TV cabinet on the left wall. It’s hard to see the on-off button.

You should already have two LED lights in the pass through storage on the inside wall. They operate just like the ones inside the coach on the ceiling.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieCampers View Post
Hi everyone. Just joined the forum & read the reviews on the 25FBLS. For those of you that have owned it a while, do you still love it? Any major problems with it? We've been going back & forth between a Grand Design Imagine & this one. Would love to hear your thoughts, what you love & dislike about the 25FBLS & any problems you've had.

Also, has anyone put a standard queen size mattress in it? Does it fit ok?

Has anyone replaced the kitchen sink & faucet? That's probably my biggest drawback right now. Can you use a standard sink & faucet?

Any other tips you can tell us?

Thanks so much!
NewbieCampers
Jim & Benita

Hi Jim and Benita
We love our 25FBLS in-spite of our wall separation which is being fixed today. We are retired w/o pets but do occasionally take our 3+ grandson and he sleeps on a blowup bed as we have the theater seats. We put a 2” memory foam on the queen and it greatly improved the comfort level. I know people have replaced the kitchen faucet but don’t know if anyone has replaced the actual sink.
There is plenty of interior storage and exterior storage in the pass through. Some don’t like the new steps but we do. It took some getting used to but we now prefer them. The shower is one of the biggest I’ve seen in this type of trailer and it’s doorway and bedroom doors are extra wide.

This is our third Forest River product and we are happy with our decision. Good luck with your decision.
Dave

Tags
flagstaff, lite