Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2020, 08:08 AM   #1

Flagstaff model comparison

We are considering two separate models of Flagstaff travel trailers, the very popular 26FKBS and the out of production 26RSWS. Our local dealer has two of the RSWS models on his lot but no FKBS.

Anyone have either of these two models and have any pros or cons for each? We have found a dealer that has a FKBS about 4 hours from where we live and are going to make a day trip to see it. We would still have our local guy put an order in for one if we like it better than the model on his lot.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:39 AM   #2

Just how old are the trailers on the "local dealer's" lot? Model year typically changes in May so if these are 2020 models they could have been on the lot nearly 18 months with dozens of folks tramping thru them.

Trailers are typically unsold because of high price. 30%+ discounts from fictional MSRP are common if you can find a high volume dealer.

-- Chuck
Old 09-26-2020, 08:49 AM   #3
Canadian Member

Hokiehall, are you aware that Rockwood is Flagstaff’s sister brand and they have exactly the same floorplans as Flagstaff? They are built on the same assembly line and are equal quality which is above average. The only difference is the interior colours and exterior graphics. I mention this because there are more Rockwood dealers than Flagstaff so there may be a Rockwood dealer closer than 4 hours who might have the FKBS-equivalent Rockwood 2608BS in stock.

Looking at both floorplans, I can offer some comments. On the 26RSWS I don’t like having to walk through the bathroom to get between bedroom and living area and the kitchen has very little counter space. On the 26FKBS with the front kitchen, the con would be the lack of pass through storage, especially if you don’t get the U-dinette that offers external storage.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Hokiehall, are you aware that Rockwood is Flagstaff’s sister brand and they have exactly the same floorplans as Flagstaff? They are built on the same assembly line and are equal quality which is above average. The only difference is the interior colours and exterior graphics. I mention this because there are more Rockwood dealers than Flagstaff so there may be a Rockwood dealer closer than 4 hours who might have the FKBS-equivalent Rockwood 2608BS in stock.

Looking at both floorplans, I can offer some comments. On the 26RSWS I don’t like having to walk through the bathroom to get between bedroom and living area and the kitchen has very little counter space. On the 26FKBS with the front kitchen, the con would be the lack of pass through storage, especially if you don’t get the U-dinette that offers external storage.

Yes I am aware that Rockwood and Flagstaff are the same and I did check to see if there was a Rockwood dealer closer by that had the RW version. There was a closer dealer but he didn't have one either.

Old 09-26-2020, 07:09 PM   #5

I neglected to mention that we already have a Flagstaff 831FLSS which is somewhat similar to the FKBS, just 5 ft longer. We are just looking right now anyway for something a little shorter.

Old 09-26-2020, 08:01 PM   #6

Red face

We pull a 2020 26fkbs. The front kitchen with lots of counter space and cabinets attracted us. Also really like the slide out bedroom, the space in bedroom is comparable to midsize 5th wheels. I was a bit concerned about lack of storage in bathroom but with all the storage in bedroom has not been an issue. We chose free standing table and chairs, opens up the living space and have not missed the storage under dinette. Only thing I would change is theatre seats rather than couch/fold out bed. Couch is ok but settling into a comfy recliner would be nice.
Hope you find what you want.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:52 PM   #7

Well, we took our trip from home to Charlotte, NC to see the 26FKBS they had on their lot. This is a very large dealership on the outskirts of the Charlotte Motor Speedway. We checked in at the front desk, told them what we wanted to look at, and the very nice young lady came to show us around. We went out to where all of the Flagstaff trailers were and saw every model but the one we wanted to see. She confirmed with management that the trailer was on site. But it wasn't. She called several other people who told her it was there. It wasn't. Someone came out and confirmed it wasn't where it was supposed to be. They had no clue as to where it was. Long story short, still deal with a small dealer who knows where his inventory is. I had no problem with the young lady helping us, I did have a problem with the large dealer who didn't know what he had or where he had it.

Old 10-05-2020, 11:03 PM   #8

we have the Rockwood 2612ws version of the flagstaff 26rsws and we really like having the mid bathroom. If you take grandkids or other family it is nice for both parties to have access to the restroom without walking through someone else sleeping area in the middle of the night, however you have to go through the bedroom to get in the bathroom with the slide in.
1shadowsabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:15 AM   #9

We just bought a 26 fkbs last week. Before that had a Transcaend 28mk. We go camping in acouple of weeks, Bought ours at Sonneys RV in sc.
Junie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #10

26FKBS

we just bought one two weeks ago and love it
Fleaglefixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
On the 26FKBS with the front kitchen, the con would be the lack of pass through storage, especially if you don’t get the U-dinette that offers external storage.
We ordered a 2021 26FKBS in November and are expecting it sometime late January, early February.

This image is from a 2021 26FKBS that Cheyenne Camping Center took on 11/01/2019:

And this one, also a 2021 26FKBS, was from the same dealer on 11-11-2020:

Here's the outside from the same ad:

Which makes me think they did away with the outside access door for the dinette seat storage. We opted for the table and chairs instead of the dinette so we don't have that exterior access either way.

And their floor plan diagram of this camper doesn't show the exterior storage access under the dinette any more either:

FWIW: Cheyenne Camping Center takes the most comprehensive pictures of any dealer I've seen. I wish we lived closer to them...

2021 Flagstaff 26FKBS, 99 F250 SD diesel LB 2WD - 26FKBS (2608BS) Mods
luv2skyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:28 PM   #12

Well, our local dealer got a 26FKBS model in last week. It is a 2021 model. He had told us he would call us when one came in and he did. We went over and looked at it, came home and sat down in our current trailer, ran a few measurements, went back and ran similar measurements on the new trailer.

We did some pro and con comparisons and, while we do lose some things by downsizing 5', we decided the pros were the winner and decided to trade.

We will pick it up later this month. It has the table & chairs we wanted, theater seating we wanted, and dual air conditioners we wanted. We had taken measurements and the bedroom is identical to the one we have now, the bathroom a tad smaller but not by much, and the kitchen area is actually larger with a better counter and larger pantry area. It also has Goodyear Made In USA Endurance tires on it, which is also what we have on our current model which was another plus.

So, while our current unit is still a great one, we look forward to the new one very soon.

Tags
flagstaff