Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2019, 08:16 PM   #1
As long as I can!

Flagstaff Super Lite 26RSWS

So excited. We will pick up our brand new 26RSWS on Friday.

This is not our first rodeo. We have had a truck camper, Coachman, travel trailers, Shasta and Nomad, and 5th wheels, a 36' Landmark and a 43' Landmark 365. Wanted something smaller without giving up all the goodies we had gotten used to.

Really pleased with the fit and finish and the amount of storage in this "almost" 30' trailer. Can't wait til Friday so we can start putting our stuff in it. Did A LOT of paring down, so ready to go.

Oh, we are pulling with a Dodge 3500 diesel dually. LOL. Leftover from the 5vr. We also got a WD anti-sway hitch. Know we don't "need" it, but better safe than sorry.

Come on, Friday!
stilltraveling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:35 PM   #2

I think you will love it. We have a 26RLWS and have been very happy. Had issues with sway at first but you won't with your truck. Happy camping.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:23 PM   #3

Congrats.....we picked our 26RSWS last March and love it....cannot wait for spring....Enjoy!!!!!
boomer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:05 PM   #4

New Purchase

Congrats, DW and I just purchased a 26RSWS also, replacing our Jayco. Looking forward to summer of fun and camping with our new camper. Picked the 26RSWS as we both really like the layout. One item like to have seen is a window behind the rear door on the camp side. Maybe a future project but not until warranty runs its course. DW talking about adding theater seats in place of the dinner table\chairs but time will tell.
Theb2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:57 PM   #5
As long as I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theb2b View Post
Congrats, DW and I just purchased a 26RSWS also, replacing our Jayco. Looking forward to summer of fun and camping with our new camper. Picked the 26RSWS as we both really like the layout. One item like to have seen is a window behind the rear door on the camp side. Maybe a future project but not until warranty runs its course. DW talking about adding theater seats in place of the dinner table\chairs but time will tell.

I like the idea of the window behind the rear door. that would be nice. Ours came with a rear sofa and theater seating. We really like the space that layout affords. We have a narrow table with folding legs that we can use to eat at. It stores behind the sofa when not in use. Have been running all over town getting storage containers for kitchen cabinets. Not much space there, but with the containers have been able to use it all. The one change I would make is to have 2 doors on the cabinet over the sink. One door in the middle is just not right. LOL! All in all, I am delighted with the interior storage. DH is trying to adapt from exterior storage in a 5ver to this. Big change for him!
Old 02-25-2019, 08:35 AM   #6

Change of plans, bad deal from our local dealer, disingenuous at best touching on dishonest at worst. Filled a complaint with "vice-president of customer services" see what becomes of that. Going to order a Rockford 2612WS from a different dealer, same layout different finishes, and get it the way we want it for bit less than the other dealers "floor model". (Advertised as a "Close Out")

Quote:
The one change I would make is to have 2 doors on the cabinet over the sink. One door in the middle is just not right.
DW agrees with you, actually she says it is dumb. See that going on the project list.
Theb2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:11 PM   #7
As long as I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theb2b View Post
Change of plans, bad deal from our local dealer, disingenuous at best touching on dishonest at worst. Filled a complaint with "vice-president of customer services" see what becomes of that. Going to order a Rockford 2612WS from a different dealer, same layout different finishes, and get it the way we want it for bit less than the other dealers "floor model". (Advertised as a "Close Out")

Ouch. You definitely need a dealer you feel you can trust. We, too, have walked away from dealers who talked out of both sides of their mouth at once. Sounds like it worked out for you, tho' and that's what counts. BTW, your wife is right! LOL! I have put coffee pot on one side and toaster on the other with cups etc in a container in the middle. When we camp container comes out. Coffee pot and toaster come out and stay on counter during stay. Container with cups goes back in. Best I could do!
Old 03-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #8
As long as I can!

Getting Close

Downsizing from a 43' 5th wheel, we had to make a few additions to accommodate. Aside from these few things, I am pleased to report that we actually found a place for pretty much everything we wanted to take with us. Even have empty cabinets. Yay!

Added a knife rack on wall behind sink. Only have 2 drawers in the kitchen. Using the small one under the sink for knives and forks and the large one under the fridge for dishes. Got a magnetic knife rack with hangers for larger cooking utensils. Will probably remove knives before travel, just to be super safe.

Mounted an extra deep spice rack on wall next to knife rack. Just to keep sugar and items we use most meals close at hand. DH is a fan of this idea.

Mounted a vertical paper towel holder on wall above flip-up counter. Keeps it out of the way, but handy.

Installed stained glass window in door. Love this. You can actually sit in the LR and admire it, plus you can now see who is at the door.

Built and installed rolling drawer in the outside storage bay. Will slide out either door and makes access to outside storage so-o-o-o much easier.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:41 PM   #9

My wife and I are considering the 26RSWS as well. Does anyone know the shower dimensions? I know its bigger than most RV showers I've seen...thanks!
careyd38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:55 AM   #10
As long as I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyd38 View Post
Does anyone know the shower dimensions?
The shower stall fits in a space 31"x40". Interior dimensions 29"x39". Has a tri-panelled glass door that has a crossbeam on the top and tracks on the bottom.

All in all, very roomy. Not as big as the huge shower in my last 5ver, but bigger than the corner shower in the first one I had. Most pleased as I hate to bang my elbows when I'm washing my hair.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:11 PM   #11

Thanks so much. That’s exactly what I needed to know.
careyd38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, lite