Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2020, 03:23 PM   #1

Fresh water tank

I have a 2015 27RLWS. When I’m hooked up to city water the fresh water fills up slowly, then leaks out of the fresh water fill valve. And cause a leak through the floor in the bathroom. Is there valve or is it a leak in the system?
Poeultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 04:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Common issue with hundreds of threads on it.
Stuck Check Valve.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:25 PM   #3

Thank you!!
Poeultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:49 PM   #4

There’s a procedure to follow when you switch water sources. Lots of posts on the how to.
spydunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:48 PM   #5

If you have the water mizer? Thing in the shower it could be slightly open. Kids always do that so I keep the fresh tank drain valve open so I don't forget and drive off with a full tank.
Ole_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:34 PM   #6

I am using my 26FKBS for the first time and just noticed that the fresh water tank is showing as full on the control panel. I did not fill it and don't know why the dealer would have. I'm hooked up to city water. How do I drain the tank to see if it fills again?

Thanks.
JPeebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:34 AM   #7

There is a fresh water tank drain under the trailer. Usually the new trailers have a label low on the side of the trailer near its location. Open it and then leave it open to see if it stops or not. If not, stuck check valve. Check the threads on that if water is still going into the FW tank.
TheMcBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:51 PM   #8

Thanks, Bees - the issue was the shower miser. Got the fresh water tank emptied and all is good.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:24 AM   #9

Good news. Glad it worked out. That water miser is new to me. Our new TT has it. I need to keep a close eye on that myself.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPeebles View Post
Thanks, Bees - the issue was the shower miser. Got the fresh water tank emptied and all is good.
How is the Shower Miser causing the FW tank to fill ??
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
When using the shower hot water and the miser is in operation it bypasses water to the fresh water tank to conserve your on board supply.

As I understand it the lever has to be down vs. Facing up or out ( havent used it yet).
Old 07-27-2020, 09:48 AM   #12

Quote:
When running off the fresh water tank as a supply, the shower miser is used to temporarily divert water that is coming to the shower faucet back to the fresh water tank, until said water arrives hot. The fresh water tank cannot fill because water is going out at the same rate it is coming in.

If the RV is connected to city water, and the shower miser valve is set to divert water to the fresh water tank, the fresh water tank will be filled with city water.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:51 AM   #13
PhD, Common Sense

Quote:
The Shower Miser has a switch that can be in two positions. In one position the shower rains on you. In the other, it routes the water to your fresh water tank. This is useful to avoid wasting water while you wait for the water to heat. Even if you are using city water, using that switch on the Shower Miser will start filling up your FW tank.

Another advantage to this is maintenance of temperature and pressure, while you soap up, without running the shower and wasting the water. Also, it can be used as a handy way to fill your FW tank.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 12:22 PM   #14

We love our Shower Miser!
When at full hookups, we still use it and yes, it gradually fills the fresh tank as we let the water warm up w/o letting it run down the drain. So we just monitor it and when/if it approaches full, we turn off the city water and use the pump and fresh tank. No biggy, but you have to be aware of what you are doing and how things work.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:01 AM   #15

I thought down was the Off position as well, but in my trailer the miser off position is with the handle up.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPeebles View Post
I thought down was the Off position as well, but in my trailer the miser off position is with the handle up.
Position depends on particular RV and how/where it was installed (tub, shower only, horizontal, vertical, flat, etc).
You will certainly know if you turn the shower on and no water comes out of the shower head
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank