Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #41
Tee

Got a message from my dealer last night that my trailer is comming off the line today 5-1/2 weeks from day dealer placed the order. Now just need to hope there are lots of transport dude's waiting for a run to Utah
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #42

That's so great! I hope that means our Roo should be done soon since we ordered the same day.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
Got a message from my dealer last night that my trailer is comming off the line today 5-1/2 weeks from day dealer placed the order. Now just need to hope there are lots of transport dude's waiting for a run to Utah
Glad to here this news, enjoy your rig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Husky Centerline Hitch

hokiecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #44

Good for you, hope there are a lot of transport dudes to . still haven't heard any thing yet. getting really excited. let us know how everything works out.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #45

Hopefully you get it soon ! Hope you guys enjoy your TTs !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #46

Disappointed, Hey every body just got some bad news today found out that my TT won't go online at least till the second week of may.Was originally told first week of April. Oh well probally wont get it in time for memorial day. Don't know if I should cancel reservations or not.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #47
Site Team

Why not wait until the deadline to cancel your reservations just in case it does arrive in time? Each camground has it own set of rules so be sure to know what to expect.

Some campgrounds are willing to change the reservations dates without charging a fee.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #48

Well after looking back at all the conversations on this forum I realized a few things.

The major thing is this. Where they build the Forest River TT's. They have several factories where they build specific TT models.

* Where I did our factory tour is is where they build the Flagstaff and Rockwood V-Lites, Windjammers, Classic Super Lite/5th Wheels, and Signature Ultra Lites.
They build the pop ups, A-Frames at a different factory, and the Roo's, Ultra Lights, Micro Lights, and Super Lites at a different facility.

So that is at least three facilities for just the Flagstaff/Rockwood brand. So it would be hard to gauge when your specific trailer is going to be built by comparing to what I said earlier since my V-lite is built at a different factory than your Super Lite.

In the end you will get it and enjoy it. I know its a bummer, but it will just be that much more sweet when you get it. The waiting is driving me crazy too. I have been researching and reading everything I can in excitement and anticipation as I wait to hear about mine coming off the line in mid April. That is at least the last I heard. I ordered our TT on 2/21/12.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #49

jdefeo1 - I ordered a Rockwood Mini Lite 2/17/12. I heard last week that it is going to be a couple more weeks. That would put it in the middle of April. Based on what you were told I guess I should be prepared for early May. It's tough to wait and also tough to make vacation plans. Oh well, I guess we just wait.
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #50
I just tow the TT for DW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefeo1 View Post
Disappointed, Hey every body just got some bad news today found out that my TT won't go online at least till the second week of may.Was originally told first week of April. Oh well probally wont get it in time for memorial day. Don't know if I should cancel reservations or not.
Waiting is the hardest part (wasn't that a song ). We were in the exact same position as you last year. Ordered on March 29th and told to expect it in 8 weeks, which would have put delivery on May 24th, just in time for our Memorial Day reservation. Wasn't in the cards for us, and in fact if our dealer had not sent their own driver to pick ours up, it would have been even later. We wound up picking it up from the dealer on May 31st...the day after Memorial Day.

Had to cancel that Memorial Day reservation, but in the end, the wait was worth it, and it will be for you as well! Hang in there!

2008 Ford F350 King Ranch Lariat SD CC 4x4 V10 4:10
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 - Equalizer 12k
2007 EZGO TXT Lifted/Custom Golf Cart

Nights Camped: 2011(52) 2012(65) 2013(65) 2014 (51) 2015 (40)
kamp k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #51

kamp K how do you like your Windjammer? Does it pull good? How does the quality seems to you? We are awaiting for our V-;its 30WTBS and just wondering how fellow v-nose owners like their TT.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrackney View Post
kamp K how do you like your Windjammer? Does it pull good? How does the quality seems to you? We are awaiting for our V-;its 30WTBS and just wondering how fellow v-nose owners like their TT.
Absolutely love it, primarily because our floorplan is perfect for our family, and the front kitchen in the nose makes a huge difference in having plenty of living space throughout the rest of the trailer. We did 50+ nights last year, which was good for us considering the late start we got waiting to take delivery. Overall, we are pleased with the trailer, though the jury may still be out on the quality if I am being honest. We have had some issues, though mostly minor in nature. We had an awning issue mentioned in another thread here, bathroom cabinet hinges came loose, missing rubber stop on stove grate, strap on bathroom door broke, shower skylight had small crack, but enough where we could see the sunlight, and we have had an ongoing issue with the main slide pulling off the rubber seal from the top when it the slide is being extracted. I say ongoing because we have been to the dealer 3 times already to have this fixed, but I think we've fixed it ourselves this time, finally.

We haven't considered any of these to be major issues (yet) that have put a damper on our enthusiasm about our Windjammer, or Forest River products in general. Admittedly, we made more visits to our dealer (2 1/2 hours away) last year than I would have liked, but I will say our dealer has been awesome to us each and every time, which certainly makes it more tolerable when we have had to visit, and every single thing has been covered under warranty obviously. Luckily, our dealer is on the way to Va Beach where we have a membership and spend the majority of our summer, so we have been able to drop it off on the way home, and leave it for them to address our issues, then pick it up on the way back to the beach. I love my dealer, but if I have to visit them as often this year as I did last, my opinion of our WJ may change, so check back with me at the end of the camping season...

As far as towing, it pulls great though the V-nose does not make a difference in towing or gas mileage improvement as some may claim. I pulled a 22 foot Outback before the WJ, and they don't really tow any different to me. The WJ weighs a lot more than my previous TT, and I obviously know it's back there, but my TV has no problems whatsoever handling the weight/length, and it's an enjoyable experience to tow. We really like the V-nose and would buy another WJ if you ask me today, and I really hope I would say the same thing at the end of the season...I have faith.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #53

kamp K thanks for getting back with the helpful info. Yes I would consider all problems pretty minor as long as they do not keep appearing. My first trailer I bought new had the same sort of issues. The slide could have been a bit more concerning if it hadn't gotten fixed and three times getting fixed could be a concern.

We absolutely love our floor plan too. Did not see another floor plan like it at any of the RV shows we went to our area dealers. With 4 kids we needed the quad bunks and with them being in the front with the v-nose it gives great storage space for clothes and the wife and I have the rear end of the trailer with slide for our bed and lots of space which I love. So many TT have the front bedroom with a wall right at the end of the bed. I am over 6 ft. tall so I need my feet to hang off a bit and those just did not work for me.

Thanks for the info and I will contact you in the fall and see how the TT held up. By then I will have had mine for a summer and can report how it went as well.

Enjoy your Florida weather. Must be nice to be able to camp all year long.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrackney View Post
So many TT have the front bedroom with a wall right at the end of the bed. I am over 6 ft. tall so I need my feet to hang off a bit and those just did not work for me.
Yep, we eliminated any TT with wall at the end of the bed too when we were shopping. I am over 6' too, and hanging my feet off the end of the bed was a requirement, lol.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #55

We are finally picking up our new Rockwood 8281WS tomorrow after ordering it on 12/29. It has been a very long and anxious wait, but the day is finally here! There were a couple things that ended up causing the delay. The first was the fact that we didn't finance our unit and had to wait for our funds from a vested stock sale. The dealer wouldn't ship the unit from the factory until it was paid for even though they originally told us they would ship and hold it at the dealer. The second issue was the simple fact of supply and demand; when our unit finally did ship a few weeks ago, we were now in line with all the others spring purchases. I'm sure there are tons of purchases and subsequent preps and demos this spring, especially with all the nice weather!

In the end, it will end up being almost 14 weeks from down payment to demo. Three of those weeks were our fault regarding the delayed payment, so in reality it could've been an 11 week process. But then again, if we would've been three weeks earlier, the dealer would not have been as busy and that probably would've saved an additional week in the total process. So their estimate of 8-10 weeks is probably a little liberal seeing as though 10 weeks would've been our best-case scenario. And that was ordering around the first of the year! Ordering anytime after that would have to exponentially increase the processing time!

Anyways, I just wanted to share our experience with everyone. Hopefully it will help others realize how long it really does take. It was pretty hard for me especially (since I'm so impatient) to remain patient throughout the whole process. Good luck to you and your Memorial Day camping plans! I'm happy to say that our reservations will be kept and hopefully the weather will be as nice as it has in the past few weeks!
ehannesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:22 AM   #56

Wow that's incredible! Dealers can be so different when it comes to customer service and support. I too was paying cash for my unit and my dealer only required 10% down. The unit was built and shipped withing 6 weeks and my order was placed on Feb 8th 2012. I am picking it up tomorrow with the DW.

John
2009 Silverado w/5000 lbs airbags and P3 controller.
2013 Rockwood 2702SS
US Army Veteran
Glockfanjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #57

Again I will say that it is hard to compare when they are built because the Glockfanjohns Ultra Light 2702SS was built in a different factory than the ehannessons Signature Ultra Light 8281SS.

Good luck to all, hope you can keep your Memorial Day Plans.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #58
Tee

Dealer just called. My Rockwood 8289WS arrived at the dealer this morning!!! Pick it up Friday afternoon!!! 7 weeks to the day between when the dealer placed the order and when I will be picking it up!!!
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #59

Excited for you!!! I should hopefully receive mine in two or three weeks. Happy camping! Hope you love it.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #60

TEE Happy to hear you'll be getting your 8289ws soon. Ordered one about 6 wks ago would love to hear your feedback!
willy is offline   Reply With Quote