Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2019, 07:44 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyd View Post
Just brought home our new 29RSWS. The bathroom door has about a four inch gap between it and the ceiling, and a smaller gap at the floor. I have two teenage girls that are very finicky about their privacy. I am looking for ideas on how to eliminate that gap, short of replacing the door. Has anyone used any sort of weather stripping or something at the top or bottom of the door?

I started to read the responses but quit because as other have said, people love to give smart comments and it kills the thread. Our first trailer had zero gap at the top and maybe a 2 inch at the bottom. The fan was the 4 or 5 in design that didn’t draw a ton of air and we had no issues. Our current one is exactly the same but with the fantastic fan and once again zero problems. If it were mine I would add wood to the top and bottom and stain to match as best I could. Good luck. Jerry
Old 05-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #62

I hate to be the bad guy here and being a GC the gaps are a WAD, worked as designed. But having two girls on trips far and wide, you have to do what make you yourself and you alone happy on the road! I have a happy life by compromise and exceptions, the door needs to be open with a full size door after use or the bath house when aplied. I love my camper and would never replace the door it’s self. With the fan on light speed and a used towel at the floor Gap and also a foot down, the bug in my ear has switched to other issues indeed! Just out to have fun in the sun, too much of it makes for chaos! It’s all good in the long haul!

Rich
Mtntosea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, door, roo