Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2021, 11:20 PM   #61

If your shower is in the back make sure it drains. We found out the hard way. Also check the range. Cooking eggs should show you how level you are or are not
Dianekane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:05 AM   #62

lace a level in the middle of the trailer between the bedroom and the axles and check it for front to back and side to side

I use an electronic Sears level and have gotten the initial to about .5 of a degree front to back side to side. the slide out will change that somewhat side to side.

also watched a video where the person set a level on the outside wall of the travel trailer vertically off the slide out wall (driver side so they could communicate with the driver) and had the driver back to where it was level by adding blocks, levelling pads or the Anderson levelling system.
Old 04-23-2021, 07:05 AM   #63

The next morning if water is in one corner of the shower floor i adjust level
ronrox18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:28 AM   #64

My leveling spot is the stove top. I hate it when my eggs all run to one side of the pan. [emoji3]Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	252668
BigGuy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:04 AM   #65

I like those little round bubble levels. I put one on the freezer bottom and if the bubble is in the circle, it's good. I also take my iphone with the level and place it on the floor of the bay where the auto level controls are just to double check that the system is still in tune.

When I first got my 5th, I checked in several places and found the countertop was not level, unless I walked over and stood in the middle of the living area. Turns out the floor wasn't secured at the factory and had a hump in it from the slides. The dealer fixed that so it no longer thumps when walked across and the countertop is now level with the rest of the trailer.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:47 AM   #66

I use this placed right next to the leveler control panel in the same spot each time. Calibrated system for level, marked the vials accordingly and good to go. Small, accurate and cheap.
Attached Images

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:25 AM   #67

leveling

my dealer delivery guy and I discussed this when I traded up to a 2018 Rockwood Roo from an original 1985 Jayco 806 popup. He advised that the fridge and cooktop especially needed to be level. He advised I use a 6" torpedo level atop the range cover (smooth level glass cover) for front to rear, left to right leveling. THEN, he said, install the EZ view self-adhesive levels on the driver's side front and immediately on the side near the front, being sure they are level. he noted that once you've done this you can easily level every time you set up camp. dozens of camping trips later I can vouch for his advice's validity.
Tim F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:38 AM   #68

It's probably already been said, but for me the level is solely dependent on the slide-outs.. If they aren't sloping down slightly, I know I'll be having a problem with rain.

I found that within 2 degrees side to side i'm OK with the slide-outs, otherwise there's a leaking issue on the corners.

Front to back... easy peasy, just use the tongue jack and don't over-pressurize the stabilizers - my advice is keep it within a few degrees... several degrees is just lazy.. lol
AWSneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:40 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy87 View Post
My leveling spot is the stove top. I hate it when my eggs all run to one side of the pan. [emoji3]Attachment 252668
This. And shower water
AWSneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:41 AM   #70
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I’m still not impressed with the LevelMate Pro. I park sitting on concrete pads in my carport, verify level with four foot carpenter level and calibrate the LevelMatePRO to zero. Come back the next day and the device says I’m one half to one inch low at the left front. Check the next day and it miraculously leveled itself at the left front but now the left rear is off by 1.5 inches. It seems to change almost every day. Funny thing is the readings from the carpenter level never change.

However, I use it when pulling into a campsite because I can watch the numbers change as I move forward, backward, whatever.

Now, here’s the most important subject....what’s the best way to get the Blackstone level left to right while having it about .5 degree low on the back side.
This seems to be a consensus on several of the R/V forums I visit.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:45 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
This seems to be a consensus on several of the R/V forums I visit.
That tells me it's a waste of money. The open door never lies, and neither do bubble levels!!
frankraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:46 PM   #72

Quote:
Now, here’s the most important subject....what’s the best way to get the Blackstone level left to right while having it about .5 degree low on the back side.

I use a bullseye level to level my Blackstone.

I made 3 wooden "wedges" to place under the feet to raise 3 of the 4 corners... place the bullseye level in the middle of the griddle, and use the wedges to shim to level.

Works Great!!!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:55 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriaBeck View Post
I use a bullseye level to level my Blackstone.

I made 3 wooden "wedges" to place under the feet to raise 3 of the 4 corners... place the bullseye level in the middle of the griddle, and use the wedges to shim to level.

Works Great!!!
Best advice yet! LOL Nothing beats a properly leveled Blackstone!
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:03 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboss View Post
X2. And get a Level Mate. It makes leveling easier.

https://www.amazon.com/LogicBlue-Tec.../dp/B083ZMZPR8
I LOVE my Level Mate!
Tsmirh1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
Best advice yet! LOL Nothing beats a properly leveled Blackstone!
There's only a few things more frustrating than an out of level Blackstone!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:12 PM   #76

For my tt, it's a 3 foot level in the doorway, then across the tongue, finally the back bumper. I always err towards the rear drivers side as the low point for drainage, which is usually achieved upon putting the slides out.
Rockwood Ultralite 2912bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:02 PM   #77

Since slide(s) movement can possibly affect the level position after auto leveling consider this. After you have the unit leveled the way you want, retract all slides, etc. Although the unit may not be level that’s when you should calibrate your auto level system. The next time you pull into a site just do a normal auto level. Then, run the slide(s) to complete the process.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:17 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by koribustard View Post
What model is your fifth wheel? I kinda regret not getting auto-leveling.
It's a 29 rls model, 2020 year. We bought it off of a lot in Minnesota last November. Not all of them come with auto leveling though. This will be new for us as we've never had one with auto leveling before.
mixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:30 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
I like this brand of level... they are graduated to tell you how many inches you are out of level, giving you an idea how many boards to put under the wheels... I stick mine on with the provided tape, then outline them with caulk to hold them firmly on the front side of the trailer.
I have one of those not yet installed as I was trying to decide how best to do that. Love the idea of running a bead of caulk around for added reassurance that the level will still be there when I need it!
Omaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:06 AM   #80

Quote:
Since slide(s) movement can possibly affect the level position after auto leveling consider this. After you have the unit leveled the way you want, retract all slides, etc. Although the unit may not be level that’s when you should calibrate your auto level system. The next time you pull into a site just do a normal auto level. Then, run the slide(s) to complete the process.
Our 29rl has opposable slides which are very close to the same weight, which I really like. So that eliminates the need for extending them and retracting them for level. It had auto level so we get the unit level or pretty level with the stick on levels then run the slides out. Makes it pretty easy and quick.
mixerman is offline   Reply With Quote