Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #21

E-Pro 14FK

We have the E-Pro 14FK and love it! We've only been out a few times & are still getting it arranged, but really enjoy it! Anyone else have the little one as well?
Wisecrackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by philteng View Post
How many Geo pro owners re out there, what models do yo have ?

I have a 2018 Geo Pro G14FK.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5201.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	181530. Took it to the Great Smoky Mountains. Love it.
davecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:16 PM   #23

2018 E Pro 17 RK here.
rmwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:03 PM   #24

Awesome Davecam! I think there are very few of us, at least very few that have the 14ft one. (Geo and E pro's are the same models). Only met one other guy that has 14fk & we joined this forum last winter. Have you done any modifications to it? Did you get solar panels? We were thinking of it, but just camped for w/out plugging in for the first time w/ it & were good for the wknd on just batteries. Love it!
Wisecrackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:26 PM   #25

Hi there Wisecrackers. I haven’t modified my G14FK yet as I haven’t seen the need. I have only camped one night without hookups so I am considering portable solar in the future as I hear it is more effective to move and position the solar panels for max sun exposure especially when you park in the shade. I would rather have a Fantastic or MaxxAir fan installed first for better venting. I don’t understand why good fans were not installed in these coaches. I will call the nearest dealer and get a quote for a fan.
davecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:47 PM   #26

Hi all. I have a new 2018 EPro 17rk. Been doing a fair amount of mods.... The first was a FanTastic along with it's weather shroud, replacing the galley passive vent. The LED ceiling lite power wiring passes right around the vent, beneath the trim plate. Easy to tie in. Now the galley will be well-vented. Next, the forward facing galley drawers needed catches. Done. Because my fridge is in the slideout, the water-deflecting vents are poor at helping heat dissipate. I installed 3 120mm computer fans side by side, mounted on an aluminum sheet, cut to fit snugly into the upper vent space, blowing OUT, of course. I wired it with a dpdt toggle switch.... 3 positions.... manual, off, and auto. Auto is wired thru a thermostat that kicks on at 105 degrees, and off at 85 degrees. Protected by a 5 A spade fuse. Inside the fridge, I mounted an 80mm super quiet computer fan with grillI with zipties to the condensor. It draws air past the cooling fins. The wiring travels thru the condensate drain tube, so no holes were drilled in the fridge. The interior fan is wired to the manual side of the circuit. I also broke down and replaced the hand jack with a RAM 3500 lb power tongue jack. $129 on Amazon Prime. I also replaced all of the stripped screws in the paper thin wall panels, holding velcro discs for the dinette cushions, with a special pop rivet fastener that has three 1/2" legs that extend behind the panel. These things really hold! We'll see what else needs doing. I'm tired... need a beer.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwac View Post
Because my fridge is in the slideout, the water-deflecting vents are poor at helping heat dissipate.
Sounds like you’ve got wiring skills! Curious how the fridge being in the slide affects heat buildup?
RFishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:47 PM   #28

Fridge venting

If the fridge were not mounted in a moveable slideout, the upper vent would have been a roof vent, which would allow hot air to be vented unimpeded. In the slideout, both intake and exhast vents have their openings mounted on the BOTTOM surface of the insert, which itself is mounted to the side of the slideout. So, hot air has to both take a 90 degree turn to exit, but then has to actually move DOWNWARD to exit the downfacing vent screen. Unless some artificial help to exhaust is applied (fan) , passive convection is really hampered by all the turns air must take in order to be finally liberated. These RV fridges are slow enough to cool, so any help I can give to moving that hot air out of the fridge stack is going to help it run in top form.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:07 PM   #29

For Davecam. I have the EPro 17rk with the 120 watt solar panel. You are correct in wanting a moveable external solar panel.... to follow the sun. I have a ZAMP 250 watt portable solar array, that folds in half for transport. Having it's own independent controller, it can be added in parallel to your battery bank, even if you already have the array installed on your camper operating. ZAMP sells a cool little plug that I simply mounted to one of my 2 battery boxes. Just pull out the solar panel, unfold, plug in, nothing more to worry about. More than likely, the portable array will charge the battery fully, before the onboard panel would. However, the sensor on the onboard controller simply knows the battery is full, so it goes into FLOAT charge mode. Doesn't matter that the external unit did most of the work. Yeah, get a portable array ( and good security chain or cable!!). My 250 watt ZAMP unit came as a promotion with my old A Frame trailer. Kept it when I sold the trailer, as this array is a Grand now to buy again. So, now I have 350 watts or so of boondock power.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:06 AM   #30

I have a 2013 ridgeline and i'm wondering how it tows? Especially in the mountains.?
DUGWALTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUGWALTHER View Post
I have a 2013 ridgeline and i'm wondering how it tows? Especially in the mountains.?
Towing which trailer? How much weight added to trailer?
EricP7040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:27 AM   #32

Geo pro 19fds with a 2013 honda ridgeline.
DUGWALTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:37 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUGWALTHER View Post
Geo pro 19fds with a 2013 honda ridgeline.
What average speed do you normally tow at and how’s your mileage? We averaged ~13.5 mpg over a 5000 mile trip to Colorado Springs and back via Wyoming, SD, WS, IL, OH,, PA, NY, CT, RI and home to SE Mass. I average 55 to 60 mph most of the trip.
YBLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #34

Oops, I have a 2017 Ridgeline RTL-E.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:48 AM   #35

I have a 19FD (not sure if you meant FD or FBS, but either way they are very similar) and my TV is a 2010 MDX.

We just completed an long trip through Eastern Canada and everything performed well. The Northern Appalachians we passed through posed no problem form my setup, but did hammer the fuel economy even more. Normal flat terrain I get 20-22 L/100km (10.7-11.7 MPG), but through the very up and down parts I ended up getting closer to 25 L/100km (9.4 MPG).

With the MDX, it still felt I had plenty of power to spare and the vehicle combination felt very stable (using Andersen WDH and Tekonsha P3 brake controller).

I feel I would probably manage fine doing some of the Rocky Mountain passes, that being said your Ridgeline has 50 HP less and 1 less gear so it might be pushing it a bit....
Old 09-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBLee View Post
Oops, I have a 2017 Ridgeline RTL-E.
OK, so now you only have 20 HP less than me and have a 6 speed as well.

I think you should be fine.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:11 PM   #37
Trailer Park Supervisor

G19FD

Just ordered a G19FD Geo Pro at the Hershey show. Starting to search for a tow vehicle now. Was going to buy a new mid-size SUV, but now am looking at used full size pickups due to heavy tongue weight. And I don't want to struggle going through mountains.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmarshall109 View Post
OK, so now you only have 20 HP less than me and have a 6 speed as well.

I think you should be fine.
Oops, was paying attention to who posted. Thought that was DUGWALTHER correcting the year of the Ridgeline.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:11 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Just ordered a G19FD Geo Pro at the Hershey show. Starting to search for a tow vehicle now. Was going to buy a new mid-size SUV, but now am looking at used full size pickups due to heavy tongue weight. And I don't want to struggle going through mountains.
Search YouTube for truck 2019 comparisons, I plan to look at Ram based on what I’ve seen.
I have a 2017 Ridgeline and love a lot about this vehicle but think once reasonably loaded with stuff and passengers I’m pushing its towing capabilities.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:24 PM   #40

I mean pushing the Ridgeline’s towing capabilities with the 2018 E-Pro E19FD. Same unit as the G19FD.