Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #21

Thanks Aintgotnun. After posting, I got to thinkin, I may not get any increase in pressure, but should get increased FLOW. Since I'm not an engineer I can only guess until I give it a try. Besides, I like that $6 per pair price. Thanks again for your advice.
Mickey
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #22

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
I've yet to install the cartridge in my filter... Water's fine so why bother.

Did you ever find out why you used so much antifreeze? My unit is 41 feet long with two bathrooms and only use 2.5 gallons.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
I've yet to install the cartridge in my filter... Water's fine so why bother.

Did you ever find out why you used so much antifreeze? My unit is 41 feet long with two bathrooms and only use 2.5 gallons.
My unit is 33 feet and one bath.
I haven't given that any thought. I guess it just took that much. I did wonder if I had a leak somewhere but with that much juice I would think that much of a leak would show itself real quick. I did forget to take the filter out and it did filter the pink out. I thought it ran a good bit of "clear" water after removing the filter. I had used air to blow out the system and was surprised how much water was still in the system. I suppose that was probably antifreeze without the pink. Maybe in a couple of years I'll actually learn enough about this trailer to warrant being the owner. I can't beleive how much I don't know.
Mickey
Old 12-26-2007, 10:34 PM   #24

Aww don't put yourself down, we all had to go through the same learning curve. Us old fogeys just started out with much simpler trailers (i.e.: no heat, no water... just a tent on a box.)

One frequent cause of antifreeze loss is not plugging the city water connection or not fully re-installing the low-point drain plugs. ... the city water connection (water hose connection) sometimes has an anti-syphon valve but I've seen myself going through more antifreeze than I expect only to find it laying on the ground.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
Aww don't put yourself down, we all had to go through the same learning curve. Us old fogeys just started out with much simpler trailers (i.e.: no heat, no water... just a tent on a box.)

One frequent cause of antifreeze loss is not plugging the city water connection or not fully re-installing the low-point drain plugs. ... the city water connection (water hose connection) sometimes has an anti-syphon valve but I've seen myself going through more antifreeze than I expect only to find it laying on the ground.
The learning curve seems to get a lot steeper as I get older. Maybe when I was a lot younger, I just didn't have enough brains to even think about these things. I also started out in a tent,went to very small TT, then to a pop-up, to a very used but clean and good condition class c, and now back to a TT. Love this Flagstaff 831bhss. It just has a lot of things I'm not that familiar with.

You may be right about the anti-freeze loss out the city hook-up. I never thought about that and it's been a couple weeks now since, I wouldn't be able to see any clues on the outside now. You can remind me next year when we do all this again!

Thanks for the ideas and Happy New Year!!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #26

Well, seeing how neither of us can even remember life as single men, I doubt we'll remember this conversation in 10 months time, but maybe we can ask our wives to remind us.

Happy new Year to you as well, and to all the great folks here in FRF, its been a pleasure talking with you in 07.

Tags
flagstaff