Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #1

Just brought home our 829BHSS!!

Nice to finally have it home.. It pulls so much better then are heavy Jayco.. this is our first Forest River product and from what we see it looks great. A couple of questions i have..
1) Our guy said during our walkthrough not to run the water heater with propane and electric? Jayco recomended it? IS this ok with the Flagstaff?
2) We asked for a rain dump adjustment on our power awning but he couldn't put the awning out, and when we did there was one arm with an adjustment wheel on it, is that the one to loosen to lower the side of the awning?

Anything else we need to know about this trailer or something we should check for??

Great site, lots of vbaluable information..

BTW i pull it with a 08 GMC sierra, 5.3l, 3.73..
kevsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Hello and to FRF. Congrats on the new unit.
As for using both propane and electric. If you need quick recovery use both, if not propane when dry camping and electric when at a RV Campground with shore power.
The awning issue I'm not 100% sure but I do believe you are correct. Check through the forum, this topic has surfaced numerous times. There is a kit from A&E to retrofit one of the arms but yours may already have it. I'm sure others will tune in and share more insight to this question.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #3

Our walkthrough guy also told us not to run both at the same time. But the Suburban wed site said that you can. I thing everyone else will agree that you can.
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
Grape Escape

Why run on propane if you don't need to. Hydro is free at campgrounds as you have already paid for it in fees. We notice no difference running strictly on hydro and operation is silent on hydro as opposed to propane. Sure heard it with the water heater under the bed in our Rockwood when the burner kicked in.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #5

We have 829fkss Flagstaff and do love it. As to hot water heater I only use elec.
The awning is the new style with an adjustable arm to shed water, I need to get one for my TT.

Nice to have you on this site, lots of good information.

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff