Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2017, 04:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtownstumpjumper View Post
I have now ordered the $99 special from RVLock for a keyless entry door
You don't by chance have a link to the $99 special?
Old 01-30-2017, 04:20 PM   #22
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMANUEL74 View Post
You don't by chance have a link to the $99 special?
Here you go...
RVLock

Hurry... sale ends tomorrow.
Web Code... winter99

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #23

I like to keep all compartments lock at all times, after getting tired of forgetting to grab the keys, I swapped out all the outside compartment and shower locks with the number combination locks. I can now get into a compartment easily and more importantly on the fly.
GT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:02 PM   #24

I replaced the two pass thru storage cam locks right away as the dealer told me these were generic locks and anyone could get in that has a few generic keys that fit these.

Take your lock out first and go to Lowes or Home Depot to match them up. There are ALL kinds of cam locks at the store. I made two ill fated trips before I got smart and pulled the lock out and matched them at the store.

I intend to replace the door latch as well. This is weird timing because just today I was talking about this same topic with my buddy that owns a Thor Class A. He said they got locked out while at a campground. They checked at the desk to see where a local Locksmith was located. The lady at the desk just asked what kind of RV do you have. They told her and she said HERE YA GO, gave them a key and it unlocked their RV!!!! THEN they got a new DOOR KEY right away.
mgarland48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:07 PM   #25
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Should have 3...one for entry door, one for all compartments, and one for outside shower door if so equipped.
I had one for the entry, one for the exterior storage, one for the external shower, and then a separate one for the garbage storage door.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
Well they sell them....and they sell rekey versions as well.

KEY-MASTER
You have to be a dealer to buy them... Interestingly, I have my dealers license. I may get one so I don't have to play Mr. Jing-a-ling with keys.

Thanks.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:59 PM   #27

Same keys

Hey:

I learned that 2 of the three keys are the same when I ordered a spare set of keys for my unit. The entry door is the only one (purple) that is set apart from the others. The other 2 go by color. The black goes to the black lock and the silver goes with the silver lock. The purple goes to the main door entrance lock. Look on the keys for the code number and ur fine ...
Rango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:17 PM   #28

I took my locks to a locksmith and he rekeyed them for me for $35. If someone wants in, it it wouldn't be difficult to pry open the door...I just don't want to make it easy for them.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:12 PM   #29
3boxerss

We have 4 keys, door, deadbolt, bays and hitch lock.. I just used some bright colored nail polish and color coded mine. DH turned up his nose lol.. Took 2 coats but works for me.
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:54 PM   #30

Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikdor1 View Post
Wow, just bought a new camper and was locking all the outside compartments. Going though key ring to figure out what keys fit what locks. Also which way they go into lock.Think I will color code keys and locks so it's less confusing. Dealer had a master key that I think fit all the locks. Think I need one of those. lol
I got different colored key lock identifiers, then took finger nail polish and made a dot by the camper door lock that matched the correct key. Doing that stops you from having to remember which color key fit which lock. Finger nail polish is very durable, I did that in 2011 with the dots colors still looking new.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:07 AM   #31

Cool keys

Front door, back door and storage keys. I went back to the dealer and ask what the small key with the black plastic on it was for. I was told it was for the outside shower. I told them my storage door key fits the outside shower and the storage doors. Went home and sure enough the key with the black plastic on it fits the storage doors as well. I guess I lucked out and got two spare keys. Put a plastic key cover on the front door the tell the difference.
Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:35 PM   #32

Keys keys

If you look at the locks on your compartment doors you will see a number it usually is in the 700s. This is on most rvs which means your keys will open most locks on all rvs with these locks marked with 700s. That's why when you go to dealers and are looking at different models and manufactures the sales person has one key to open compartments. The doors have different keys for each rv and different key for outside shower. You can change all compartment locks by going to home depot and getting locks that have numbers starting in the thousands such as 1200 1300 and so on. Match the same number on the number of locks you need and you can open all those locks with one key. If you have locks with a different series of numbers most rv owners that have the original locks and keys can't .open your compartments. Don't buy new locks from dealer parts dept because they are 700 series locks which are same as originals.
Joe-Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:23 AM   #33
Camping the Natural State

Old thread revived I know.

I have 1 key to my camper that fits everything. All doors, compartments, storages, everything.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:02 AM   #34

I have a key for the hitch pin, tongue lock, tongue latch lock, propane tank lock, toolbox, compartments, main door, and shower. They are on my keyring in order, front to back so I can easily find them.

Though I moved the main door key to my TV key ring when I'm traveling away from my trailer often. I can leave the other set of keys then.

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:24 AM   #35

Bolt Lock is a pretty cool company for some of your needs.

I use them for a receiver lock, coupler pin lock, and padlock. My current F250 has push button start so I just kept using the locks I had keyed to a prior F150. I had gone to a locksmith and gotten a key for my old truck that wouldn't start it but would fit the locks so just kept those.
grege is offline   Reply With Quote