Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #21
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike223 View Post
Yea. I moved it from my old TT to the new one. Last time out it showed me 4 in. off on the drivers side but all my other level's show level which was correct???
Mike
(I hate to ask, but I'll do it anyway.) Did you re-calibrate it with the new TT?

Otherwise, have you tried talking to LevelMate's support?
Old 01-13-2020, 03:09 PM   #22

Several have mentioned “wall flex” interfering with the LevelMatePRO results. Although I can’t see where there would be flex in the top location I assume it’s possible. So, since it only took two minutes to do the job I moved the system to a location next to the entry door and real close to the floor.

I’ll check it the next time I move the MH and report back.

Old 01-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
(I hate to ask, but I'll do it anyway.) Did you re-calibrate it with the new TT?

Otherwise, have you tried talking to LevelMate's support?
Yea I did recalibrate it. I have not contacted tech support but I will when I get it out of storage and mess with it some.
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Several have mentioned “wall flex” interfering with the LevelMatePRO results. Although I can’t see where there would be flex in the top location I assume it’s possible. So, since it only took two minutes to do the job I moved the system to a location next to the entry door and real close to the floor.

That actually looks like a reasonable location.

Curious why you have auto leveling and need the levelmate pro.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
That actually looks like a reasonable location.

Auto level is hit or miss. It’s LCI, need I stay more?

The LCI only has a red or green indicator. The levelMate shows in ¼ inch increments.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:15 AM   #26
NXR

Quote:

We use it to maneuver the motor home to the most level spot prior to setting up. For example, we parked in the middle of our current dirt/grass spot and the levelmate pro showed I would need to add 10” under each dual rear pair to get to level, whether it was blocks, jacks or a combination. Visually the spot did not look that off-level.

We repositioned a few times and found a spot where we would only need to add 3” and under the front tires. I know I can easily accommodate 3” with the jacks by using manual mode without over-extending the jacks.

No more “Move to the left. No, now try moving right. No, your other right! Now pull back a few feet” nonsense anymore.

Ray
Old 01-14-2020, 12:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
We use it to maneuver the motor home to the most level spot prior to setting up. For example, we parked in the middle of our current dirt/grass spot and the levelmate pro showed I would need to add 10” under each dual rear pair to get to level, whether it was blocks, jacks or a combination. Visually the spot did not look that off-level.

We repositioned a few times and found a spot where we would only need to add 3” and under the front tires. I know I can easily accommodate 3” with the jacks by using manual mode without over-extending the jacks.

No more “Move to the left. No, now try moving right. No, your other right! Now pull back a few feet” nonsense anymore.

Ray
What he said. Now, I’m hoping mine will start working again after the reposition.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:06 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
We use it to maneuver the motor home to the most level spot prior to setting up.
Yep...that's true. I actually do the same thing.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:20 AM   #29

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post

Maybe I'm missing the point about wall flex, but when you are stopped and leveling up, there should not be any wall flex???
Mike
Old 01-14-2020, 07:17 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike223 View Post
Maybe I'm missing the point about wall flex, but when you are stopped and leveling up, there should not be any wall flex???
Mike
I’ve never considered it before but as jacks move there could be flexing of the frame. That in turn could cause the wall to flex but to me that doesn’t seem to be enough of a factor to cause an incorrect reading.

I think I have a faulty unit but since it’s way out of warranty I don’t intend to spend any money for a new one.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:34 AM   #31

We had gotten one of these about 8 months ago. Our first trip with it (before we installed), we went to a campground that had the nice, level, cement pads. Got the trailer perfectly level on the pad, installed and calibrated the unit.

Next trip, used it to get level. Got all set up, and we just felt unlevel. Pulled out the level. We were off. Using the level, we got the trailer all leveled, re-calibrated the unit.

Next trip, used it to get level. Got all set up, pulled out the level to double check. Again, out of level.

Pretty much stopped using it for leveling the trailer, and wont install it on my new unit. I could eye ball it closer than our level mate would get us. It was a waste. I had it mounted on the frame of a cabinet, about 4" off the floor. There was no flexing of the wall (cabinet frame). It just didnt work. Possibly a faulty one, not sure. But it literally had to be calibrated every time I used it. The only thing about it that was useful, was the function where it remembered your hitch height. Made reconnecting the trailer super easy. But as far as the trailer being level, it was useless. We camp every other weekend during the summer months (I am lucky to have every other fri off, so we can get a thurs night to sun afternoon deal every other weekend), and the 12 days between getting home from a trip and going on the next trip was enough for the unit to be off by 2", sometimes off by as much as 4". That is insane to me. A quarter inch off here and there over time, I could have accepted that. But to be off by 4" when it was just sitting in the storage lot for a week and a half??? Glad to see that it is working well for many of you, I'm just going to chalk it up to a bad unit, but as I said, for us, it was useless for everything except the hitch height memory function. And its pretty expensive for just that.

Old 01-14-2020, 10:50 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
We had gotten one of these about 8 months ago. Our first trip with it (before we installed), we went to a campground that had the nice, level, cement pads. Got the trailer perfectly level on the pad, installed and calibrated the unit.

Next trip, used it to get level. Got all set up, and we just felt unlevel. Pulled out the level. We were off. Using the level, we got the trailer all leveled, re-calibrated the unit.

Next trip, used it to get level. Got all set up, pulled out the level to double check. Again, out of level.

Pretty much stopped using it for leveling the trailer, and wont install it on my new unit. I could eye ball it closer than our level mate would get us. It was a waste. I had it mounted on the frame of a cabinet, about 4" off the floor. There was no flexing of the wall (cabinet frame). It just didnt work. Possibly a faulty one, not sure. But it literally had to be calibrated every time I used it. The only thing about it that was useful, was the function where it remembered your hitch height. Made reconnecting the trailer super easy. But as far as the trailer being level, it was useless. We camp every other weekend during the summer months (I am lucky to have every other fri off, so we can get a thurs night to sun afternoon deal every other weekend), and the 12 days between getting home from a trip and going on the next trip was enough for the unit to be off by 2", sometimes off by as much as 4". That is insane to me. A quarter inch off here and there over time, I could have accepted that. But to be off by 4" when it was just sitting in the storage lot for a week and a half??? Glad to see that it is working well for many of you, I'm just going to chalk it up to a bad unit, but as I said, for us, it was useless for everything except the hitch height memory function. And its pretty expensive for just that.
Exactly the same problem I’m having. However, the unit worked great for the first couple of years then no longer.

Here’s something interesting...I calibrated it yesterday after moving it to its new location. The MH is parked on level concrete. Today, the right front in ½ inch low, left rear ¼ inch low. Six foot level shows the MH is still in the perfectly level status.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #33

Interesting discussion.
Maybe I won't get a levelmate....
Maybe my $3 Walmart stick-on levels aren't so bad.
aeblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:21 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post

Ditto.
Mike
Old 01-14-2020, 05:35 PM   #35
Always Learning

Anyone who is having issues, have you contacted LevelMate? See what they say? If 3 of you are experiencing the same, surely they could possibly find a pattern.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:13 PM   #36

Love my Levelmate I've had no problems with it. It's great pulling out just the blocks you need for leveling with no trial and error. People with more experience can translate a bubble level into inches of blocks but I'm not there yet.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:38 PM   #37
Retired Panpsychist

I’m interested in knowing whether the problems folks are having are on the V1 vs V2 LevelMate Pro hardware. The V1 hardware DOES NOT have an on/off; the V2 DOES. Perhaps the V2 has more recent firmware?

We have the V2 and compared it with a 2-ft level we also carried last year. The LevelMate Pro was spot-on all summer. I especially appreciate how the LevelMate can remember the tongue jack height for re-hitching the trailer!

I do agree with ependydad. The manufacturer should be contacted (a) so they are aware of this issue and (b) so they have an opportunity to make things right.

2007 GoldenDoodle ("Cooper") R.I.P.
2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 F-150 4WD XLT SCab, 5.0L, 3.73, 36gal, HD Towing Pkg (53A), 1,980lb Payload
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:08 PM   #38

Mine is a V2. Mfgr said out of warranty so no fix. Just checked...now the right front is ½ high. Couple days ago it was ½ low.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:19 PM   #39

Would this be good to use on a Cedar Creek auto leveling system so you don't over extend the jacks
CampinGpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:27 PM   #40

So disappointed about some of the comments. I was going to ask for one for Father's day. I think I will wait and do more research. Good thing Father's day is several months away.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote