Old 01-09-2020, 10:25 AM   #1

LevelmatePro Installation

If this is the wrong place, please let me know.

With the purchase of our new trailer I have gone ahead and ordered a LevelMatePro from Amazon. My question is where and How have you installed it?

From reading the instructions it says it needs to installed on a wall and close to the from as possible. in our 2020 21FBRS I was thinking of putting it on the left side on the wall inside the pass through. With this being brand new I was thinking of using command velcro strips to hold the unit on the wall instead of making holes.

Ideas, Feedback, TIA

rrosson67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

I would worry about using Velcro in case it slips slightly. You install it and then calibrate it to level. If the device changes, your level could be thrown off.

Use screws. The first hole is the hardest.

Old 01-10-2020, 08:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I would worry about using Velcro in case it slips slightly. You install it and then calibrate it to level. If the device changes, your level could be thrown off.

Use screws. The first hole is the hardest.

X2 regarding the screws. Unit needs to be secure.

We installed ours in the front pass-thru of our 25RKS
kraftengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:21 PM   #4

I installed mine near the rear of the trailer. The reason they say to mount it near the front is for signal strength only. My trailer is short enough that it reads fine while I am in the driver seat.

Do NOT use Velcro. It takes just the slightest angle change to become inaccurate. Even with screws, I have to tighten mine occasionally when they work loose because of vibration.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:26 PM   #5

Hi All,
Good evening. A little damp in Paradise. You will love it. I bought one and installed it before I left the deal in my 2104S. I mounted in just inside the door under the fuse panel. So I could open the door and reach in and click it on without having to put the steps down. You will need to mount it with the two screws so it doesn't change position. Once you set it up you do not want it to move at all.
Again, You will love this item.
Fred
2017 F-150 3.5 2nd Gen
catcottf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:28 PM   #6

I put a small 3.3V regulator inside mine so it never needs a battery change. I have the new model that has the on/off switch but I want it on while I am traveling so I don't have to go open the door and turn it on everytime I go into a campground.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:43 PM   #7

Hi,
Good evening. Just another day in Paradise. Where did you get the regulator and do you have a pic of what it looks like hooked up. That sounds like a great upgrade to a good product.
F
2017 F-150 3.5 2nd Gen
Old 01-10-2020, 08:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcottf View Post
Hi,
Good evening. Just another day in Paradise. Where did you get the regulator and do you have a pic of what it looks like hooked up. That sounds like a great upgrade to a good product.
F
Bought regulator on ebay. Here they are on Amazon
https://smile.amazon.com/Anmbest-AMS...8707830&sr=8-3

Since the draw is such low current, has no problem with 14V found in the RV when charging.

Here are some pictures. Wired it up to a plug and that plug connects to my fuse panel. Not my finest wiring job on the regulator. Next time I would use a 3 input connector.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:24 PM   #9
Newbie- 21 FBRS

I have the same trailer. Pass through is much better than inside because it is much easier to access during setup at the campsite. I mounted with screws to the flexible board on the back side of the compartment facing forward. It was super easy to mount and works very well.
Coevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Bought regulator on ebay. Here they are on Amazon
https://smile.amazon.com/Anmbest-AMS...8707830&sr=8-3

Since the draw is such low current, has no problem with 14V found in the RV when charging.

Here are some pictures. Wired it up to a plug and that plug connects to my fuse panel. Not my finest wiring job on the regulator. Next time I would use a 3 input connector.

Couple of your solder joints look cold. Hehe.
I'll do the same when I someday get one. I hate battery changes. I even wired in my daughter's baby monitor with a 7V regulator. Super nice.
aeblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
Couple of your solder joints look cold.
They certainly are! That's why the next one would use one of these to slide over the pins.

Old 01-10-2020, 11:47 PM   #12
Usually Confused Member

I mounted mine at the top of a forward facing wall but don’t bother to use it now. I have perfectly level concrete pads in my carport to park on. Verify with six foot carpenter level that MH is perfectly level and then calibrate the LevelMate. All wheels now show level, but if I move forward two feet it shows 1-3 inches off. Then, move back two feet to the original position and the reading is now .5 to 2.0 inches off...and that’s at different positions. Come back two days later (MH never moved) and all the numbers are changed, again.

It used to work fine but not worth the $$$ in the long run.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:00 AM   #13

I have a mid coach entry door so I placed it in side the door so itís easy to turn on before I leave when loading last minute things. Itís facing forward and up high. Higher because itíll be more sensitive to level than if it was placed near the frame.
simiHal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I mounted mine at the top of a forward facing wall but donít bother to use it now. I have perfectly level concrete pads in my carport to park on. Verify with six foot carpenter level that MH is perfectly level and then calibrate the LevelMate. All wheels now show level, but if I move forward two feet it shows 1-3 inches off. Then, move back two feet to the original position and the reading is now .5 to 2.0 inches off...and thatís at different positions. Come back two days later (MH never moved) and all the numbers are changed, again.

Doesn't take much flex in the chassis or the wall to throw these things off.

Putting them high or low shouldn't make a bit of difference since the angle change is exactly the same. The problem is, higher up may have more flex so, in my opinion, mounting them as low as possible and closer to the frame is the most accurate place.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:39 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrosson67 View Post
If this is the wrong place, please let me know.

With the purchase of our new trailer I have gone ahead and ordered a LevelMatePro from Amazon. My question is where and How have you installed it?

From reading the instructions it says it needs to installed on a wall and close to the from as possible. in our 2020 21FBRS I was thinking of putting it on the left side on the wall inside the pass through. With this being brand new I was thinking of using command velcro strips to hold the unit on the wall instead of making holes.

Ideas, Feedback, TIA

On my 2018 21FBRS, I initially mounted it on the inboard side of the wardrobe on the left side of the bed. It worked fine, but switching it off and on was a pain because we had to climb up on the bed to get to it. I relocated it to just inside the door above the switch panel, and it works just fine. Looking back, I would have located it in the same area, but below the level of the sink (somewhere above the heater outlet but not too close) so it can be reached without having to deploy the steps.
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I mounted mine at the top of a forward facing wall but donít bother to use it now. I have perfectly level concrete pads in my carport to park on. Verify with six foot carpenter level that MH is perfectly level and then calibrate the LevelMate. All wheels now show level, but if I move forward two feet it shows 1-3 inches off. Then, move back two feet to the original position and the reading is now .5 to 2.0 inches off...and thatís at different positions. Come back two days later (MH never moved) and all the numbers are changed, again.

Got mine mounted on the driver's side of my TT with screws. I can't get mine to work properly though. It shows level when not and not level when I am level. I just use my 4 foot level and then I know I'm right. Not worth the $$$ in my opinion.
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #17

HI All,
Good morning. Just another day in Paradise.. 65 yesterday and 28 this morning... Come on Spring... This is a great idea. It never fails the batteries die when you need them. Great idea and job.
Have a wonderful day,
F
2017 F-150 3.5 2nd Gen
Old 01-11-2020, 06:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike223 View Post
Got mine mounted on the driver's side of my TT with screws. I can't get mine to work properly though. It shows level when not and not level when I am level. I just use my 4 foot level and then I know I'm right. Not worth the $$$ in my opinion.
Mike
I am taking that you calibrated it right?
Old 01-12-2020, 05:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
I am taking that you calibrated it right?
Yea. I moved it from my old TT to the new one. Last time out it showed me 4 in. off on the drivers side but all my other level's show level which was correct???
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike223 View Post
Yea. I moved it from my old TT to the new one. Last time out it showed me 4 in. off on the drivers side but all my other level's show level which was correct???
Mike
Sounds like you have it mounted on a wall that flexes. Put it as low as possible on a wall as close to where the frame is as possible.