Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2021, 09:06 AM   #1

LevelMatePRO mod

This was an easy one.
I made sure the camper was perfectly level front to back and side to side with the slides out. Then retracted the slides and did the initial setup on the LevelMatePro app.
You have to take a couple of measurements but pretty easy.

I wanted to mount it where I didn't have to go into the camper to turn it on and off.
(Can't imagine the little watch battery (CR2032) would last very long if left on.)

So I installed the LevelMatePro in the forward right compartment:

One of the really nice features is the ability to recall the hitch position so the ball will be at the right height for hook up.

Used in conjunction with my Beech Lane camper levelers it makes setup pretty darn nice.

2021 Flagstaff 26FKBS, 99 F250 SD diesel LB 2WD - 26FKBS (2608BS) Mods
luv2skyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2skyski View Post
This was an easy one.
I made sure the camper was perfectly level front to back and side to side with the slides out. Then retracted the slides and did the initial setup on the LevelMatePro app.

I wanted to mount it where I didn't have to go into the camper to turn it on and off.
(Can't imagine the little watch battery (CR2032) would last very long if left on.)

So I installed the LevelMatePro in the forward right compartment:

One of the really nice features is the ability to recall the hitch position so the ball will be at the right height for hook up.

Used in conjunction with my Beech Lane camper levelers it makes setup pretty darn nice.
Great idea to have it assessable from outside the coach.

I initially installed mine inside the coach, which meant I had to go in the coach to turn it on. So I moved mine to the Kitchen cabinet which is just to the left of the entry door. Now my DW, even at 5' 2", can just open the door and reach through the steps and turn it on. So much more convenient.

I would like to find a 12v to 3.5v voltage regulator so I can just hardwire it and not need to deal with the CR2032 batteries.
-Russ
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs. (sold)
RGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:53 AM   #3
Part-Time Campground Host

Quote:

It will turn off by itself if you forget to turn it off. We've had ours for four years and I'm on my third battery.
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1687
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGrimm View Post
Great idea to have it assessable from outside the coach.

I initially installed mine inside the coach, which meant I had to go in the coach to turn it on. So I moved mine to the Kitchen cabinet which is just to the left of the entry door. Now my DW, even at 5' 2", can just open the door and reach through the steps and turn it on. So much more convenient.

I would like to find a 12v to 3.5v voltage regulator so I can just hardwire it and not need to deal with the CR2032 batteries.
-Russ
That was my way of thinking also. Just open the door to turn it on. I've decided to see how long the battery will last. I have the same in my cars key fob which gets used all the time and lasts usually 1-2 years. It'll be interesting to see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboss View Post
It will turn off by itself if you forget to turn it off. We've had ours for four years and I'm on my third battery.
That's interesting. I can't find it anywhere in my user manual Copyright © 2020 but did find a reference in an older manual:

NOTE: Remember that the LevelMatePRO will sleep after the number of hours you set in step 16 of the Setup and Installation process, so if it has been longer than that since motion was last detected, simply cycle the power by sliding the on/off switch first to the OFF position and then to the ON position where you should hear 2 beeps confirming that the unit is powered on.

Kudos though, you are right. There is a place in settings on the app where you can adjust the "idle time until sleep":

I'll still try and remember to turn it off.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:35 AM   #5

and wake on motion makes it easy to use without having to cycle the power switch manually. turn it on when you pull it from storage or pack up the trailer, then only turn it off when you put it back in storage.

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:41 AM   #6
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGrimm View Post
-Russ
I know user Babock did it. I actually sent him mine for him to modify. But I haven't seen him round yonder in a while.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2265611

With parts described lower in the thread:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2267209
Old 03-31-2021, 11:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I know user Babock did it. I actually sent him mine for him to modify. But I haven't seen him round yonder in a while.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2265611

With parts described lower in the thread:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2267209
Thank you for posting these links for the battery elimination Modification for the LevelMatePro. I will make the mod to mine.

Thank you.
-Russ
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs. (sold)
RGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:13 PM   #8

I used this on my Pro+

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JHH294R

Wired direct to battery and plugged in the OEM USB cord.

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:48 PM   #9

I bought 4 bubble levels (think they were $1.99 for a pack of 2) at Walmart. Leveled the trailer with a 6’ level on the floor in the driveway at home and then stuck one on each side of the trailer. They almost fell off first trip so I replaced the tape with Scotch brand outdoor double sided tape. Been there rain or shine for over 6 months now.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Bruce can be found in the RV DIY Solar Install group on Facebook.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:05 AM   #11

Quote:
This was an easy one.

So I installed the LevelMatePro in the forward right compartment.
Just ordered the 2608BS this week and that's where I was thinking of installing my LevelMatePro. How long were the screws you used? I have the version that can connect right to a USB jack so I will need to figure out where to get my power from and where to mount a USB car charger socket. This is what I am currently using in my Imagine.
grege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grege View Post
Just ordered the 2608BS this week and that's where I was thinking of installing my LevelMatePro. How long were the screws you used? I have the version that can connect right to a USB jack so I will need to figure out where to get my power from and where to mount a USB car charger socket. This is what I am currently using in my Imagine.
I think they were only 3/4" or so. Just long enough to get into the paneling.