Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #1

Looking at a 2014 30WIKSS

Looking to upgrade current TT to the30WIKSS. Anyone have any pros/cons with this unit?
Barraacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:34 AM   #2

Nice unit, but when slides are closed, the refrigerator, kitchen table, sink and stove are not accessible when on the road and you stop for lunch. You would have to open slide to use.
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #3
NELA

We owned a 2014 30WIKSS for 8 months last year. LOVED that TT! Only traded it in because we wanted to move up to a 5er.

Are you buying it new? I ask because I often wonder who'll end up with our "Francis" and hope they enjoy her as much as we did.

We only found one problem with her. Check the passenger side back sofa leg. In ours (and several more people found it in theirs after I posted a thread about it) the hole for wiring was cut wrong and the leg was falling down into that hole and pressing against the wires.

There's a thread here in the Flagstaff section about it. The fix was great and simple.

Oh, and watch out for the sofa moving forward during transit. A slight move forward will result in the slider catching on the cushions.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:45 PM   #4

Hey Barraacres,i am a new owner of the 30wikss. Purchases in early March of 2014. I upgraded from a Puma 25RS. DW and I could not be happier with this unit. We do not have any children so the master suite is perfect for us. I have nothing but pro's for this unit, no cons. We have had no issues, not even any of the topics you might find when searching through this blog. No leg, hole, wire issues...no water filter issues, no axles issues. Our TV is a 2004 F-150FX4 and does ok with it. Although I do see us getting a F-250 soon. Let me know if you have any question I can help with. We love ours and use it every weekend.

Bigarm
Old 05-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
Perma-Newb

This is a great unit, my wife and I love ours. The sofa leg hole issue has been corrected (mine did not have it), I took the filter out and I use an inline filter outside the trailer. As for any other issues, barely any, our fireplace stopped blowing hot air and the rear deadbolt is seized up. All easily fixed with a trip to the dealer. I pull mine with a 2011 F250 6.2 XLT and I have no issues. We plan on full timing in a couple years with it, its perfect for us. The set-up limits access to some things when the slides are in, but it’s as easy as pushing a button to open the slides, no where near a deal breaker, and barely an inconvenience.

2014 V-Lite 30WIKSS, Diamond Package W/All the goodies

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic50858_1.gif
EarlyRetirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #6

Thanks for all the info. We decided on a Keystone Outback this weekend and hope to pick it up tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #7
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyRetirement View Post
This is a great unit, my wife and I love ours. The sofa leg hole issue has been corrected (mine did not have it), I took the filter out and I use an inline filter outside the trailer. As for any other issues, barely any, our fireplace stopped blowing hot air and the rear deadbolt is seized up. All easily fixed with a trip to the dealer. I pull mine with a 2011 F250 6.2 XLT and I have no issues. We plan on full timing in a couple years with it, its perfect for us. The set-up limits access to some things when the slides are in, but it’s as easy as pushing a button to open the slides, no where near a deal breaker, and barely an inconvenience.
You make GREAT points about it being perfect for a couple. That front bathroom is awesome!

Yes, a guest has to walk thru the bedroom to get to that awesome bathroom, but for a couple (which we are) that's not an issue.

As I stated up thread, we LOVED our "Francis" and traded up to a 5er because of the hitch-up (DH and I both have neck injuries). This model TT has BLING from hitch to bumper!

And yes, this model would be EASY to full time in.

Check the forum for the lock recall thread. Our V-Lite had one of those locks (bedroom door). We contacted the lock company and they sent us a replacement lock with a "replacement assist key" which made changing it out a snap. The company name and contact information is in that thread.

Edited to add: Quite a few times when I needed a "pit stop" while traveling, I'd have DH pull over and I'd just climb over the bed to get to that AWESOME bathroom!

Old 05-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #8

We just purchased the 2014 30WIKSS in February. When we got it home the bedroom window was broken but still in tack. Not very happy. Love the rv but having some issues and not very good service where we bought it. It sways all over the road. Bought new hitch and still the same problem. We took camping for a trial run and found the freezer was frosting up more than should. The oven pilot light wouldn't stay on. Took back to dealership and after two weeks told the axle was off. Checked out the freezer and adjusted. having to take measurements of window to order. Why didn't they do that when we first took in. Was told the window was ordered at first but guess that was a lie. Not sure what will be done about the oven. We can pick up this Friday but will have to take back for the rest of work to be done. Like I said we love the rv but not happy to have so many issues with it brand new and would love to find a place that would give better service.
porter lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #9
NELA

Porter did you buy this unit brand new? For that window to be broken in transit the slide would have to be out.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #10

Sorry to hear about the issues your having, hope you get it all fixed soon. We decided on a Keystone Outback 298 RE it,s 35" with three slides. We will be making the maiden voyage tomorrow for a 5 day trip to Tybee Island GA. Can't wait, we love the layout of this trailer.