Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2020, 11:10 PM   #1

Microlite 21ds Water Intrusion

So, I drained the hot water tank and blew air through the system in preparation for storing my trailer and found where water had apparently wicked into the thin plywood inside the hot water tank access door. I followed the dampness along the floor to the back where hot and cold water lines connect to a tee and saw what appears to be wet wood below (second photo).

In the event that the crimp on fittings are leaking, how would I get access to that connection to repair it? The only way appears to be from the outside where I drained the hot water tank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201219_165947542.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	244848Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201219_170642584.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	244849
BD Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:55 AM   #2

What about taking the panels apart in the first pic would that allow access?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:40 AM   #3

Our new camper had a leak also. Removed panel in bath vanity and found leak at bath faucet supply tubes at faucet connections. Leaks about six ounces a day. Water first appeared on floor in front of shower pan.
John2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Unfortunately, the panel continues up through the enclosure. I don't have access to where it connects at the top as it appears to form one wall or side of the box the fridge sits in.
BD Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Nomad View Post
Unfortunately, the panel continues up through the enclosure. I don't have access to where it connects at the top as it appears to form one wall or side of the box the fridge sits in.
Consider pressurizing the system with air (50 psi) and then listen for any air leaks.

Water often travels from where it's leaking by running down pipes and dripping in another spot. Air will often make noise and if you use some soapy water, will leave bubbles.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 03:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
I have a 2019 MicroLite 21DS and had to remove the cover panels attached to the floor (assuming you did too) to get to some wiring I was installing and plumbing I wanted to look at; but, that wasn't enough access. Ended up removing the bottom shelf of the pantry which gave me better access but still had to be a contortionist to work on the wiring and the pump and backflow preventer problem I was having. The 21DS doesn't have a lot of room to work with but you can cut the out of site thin panels carefully with a sharp blade or hole saw for more access to see what you are dealing with. When I first looked at the conflagration of water pipes I decided to put in a couple of 9v leak alarms I picked up at Lowes just in case but so far no leaks. Yep, access is frustrating.
Pred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, water