Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2020, 09:38 AM   #1

Microlite 25BRDS Questions & New to Forum

Hello,

I am new to this FR forum and glad to be part of the community.

I recently purchased a 2020 Flagstaff Microlite 25BRDS and had some questions.

Are the Fresh water and holding tanks strapped in properly to travel with them full? I thought they were and our rep said they would be fine but reading about others campers, some say they will be too heavy and may break the retaining straps - not specifically for the Flagstaff Microlite but got me wondering and looking for confirmation. There may be times we want to leave for our trip with a full fresh water tank to boon dock and have to dump when we get back.

I also have a ball valve on the antifreeze line that looks like it goes into one end of the water pump or branches off to a T junction. Just wondering how to properly use this ball valve and understand the plumbing.

Thank you for any help & assistance.
BPic5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #2

Owner of the same model here, subscribing
mshakhmaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:22 PM   #3

I have a 2509 (same but with rockwood stickers). Most of my trips are to our family property and we dry camp. I fill my fresh tank at a park about 20 miles from our property, and have no problems. I've also towed with gray and black tanks close to full and have had no issues other than not liking how it tows with weight that far back. A full fresh tank also adds a lot of weight to your tongue so if you can, I'd fill up close to your camp site.
pilotpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:15 PM   #4

So there are a couple valves by the water filter that have tp be used in conjuction with each other to properly winterize the system. They are 3 way valves to isolate the water filter. You will use the pump for the fresh water tank and switch a 3 way valve so it pulls from the antifreeze port near the city water connection. I believe there are another set of valves for the hot water tank.

If you pull the cover off the water filter, study the layout of the plumbing. Yes its messy and could be made clean but why waste a man hour at the factory.

I called and had a few question at forest river. I was told do not drive far with water in the fresh tank. I'm sure it's for liability issues with the extra weight. If you look for the thread I made, you can see what's there holding the tank and how I added extra supports. Mine was sagging down after if was filled either by the water mizer in the shower or a stuck check valve.
Ole_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:46 PM   #5
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole_blue View Post
So there are a couple valves by the water filter that have tp be used in conjuction with each other to properly winterize the system. They are 3 way valves to isolate the water filter. You will use the pump for the fresh water tank and switch a 3 way valve so it pulls from the antifreeze port near the city water connection. I believe there are another set of valves for the hot water tank.

If you pull the cover off the water filter, study the layout of the plumbing. Yes its messy and could be made clean but why waste a man hour at the factory.

I called and had a few question at forest river. I was told do not drive far with water in the fresh tank. I'm sure it's for liability issues with the extra weight. If you look for the thread I made, you can see what's there holding the tank and how I added extra supports. Mine was sagging down after if was filled either by the water mizer in the shower or a stuck check valve.

How many support bars were there from factory? 3?

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarks View Post
How many support bars were there from factory? 3?
I think 3. Cantvremember. Click on my name then go to threads startedby me. I have pictures in there.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:00 PM   #7

I have read your post too, very helpful. Thank you for sharing.

Now, as a happy owner of 2020 25BRDS, and new to the forum, I have lots of questions to more experienced members.
Hopefully, this thread is well enough to continue the conversation rather than open a new one.

The thing is that we've purchased our camper from a salvage auction. Someone was very unlucky and got their almost brand new trailer hit severely by a tree. The roof was a total mess, so we spent quite a few evenings and weekends fixing it.
Removed the torn membrane, cleaned up the cracked plywood, screwed new sheets, glued new membrane, sealed and caulked, new antenna and tank vents, etc.
We also had to purchase from the manufacturer the original ceiling panel (since I couldn't find the exact texture anywhere else) and it took 3 times of the price to ship.

Now, after we camped our first night on a test-drive stay in 20 minutes from home I can claim everything works as it should again!

Yet, a couple questions that I obviously cannot ask my dealer for are:
- what is this tray underneath the outdoor gas range that pulls and doesn't stay?
@ole_blue, at one of your pictures I noticed you had a BBQ or griddle staying under the tiny folding table on a desk that was hanging with some frame mounts. It seems very similar, and we have that table with the folding "flipper" already, but not the rest of the hooks and legs. Does it usually come included?

- in the cabinet under IRV media center I have two HDMI cables. I know one runs to the TV, and if attached to the back of IRV allows you to play TV sound through the ceiling speakers.
But the second goes somewhere under wires and pipes deep to the far end of the cabinet, toward the oven, and I cannot trace it. It is shielded as if would go outside, but I saw no signs of HDMI connections on the wall where you can hang a TV - only power outlet and antenna/cable connector.
I pulled it a little, but it stays.
Do you guys have them two as well?

Thanks!

Attached couple pictures for the reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200801_185058.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	427.5 KB
ID:	235535   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200802_091222.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	235536  
Old 08-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #8

Is this the part you asking if it came with? If so then yest but honestly ids spend the money on a longer length of hose off amazon and use a folding table. Grease spatters pretty bad on the side of the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200803_195024.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	235557  
Old 08-03-2020, 07:04 PM   #9

Under my stove is open and I don't have any peices that look like what you have. Might have been a change. I called forest rivwr and one of the question was what was the bag mine came with for and it was a tough question for them and could give a straight answer. Might be worth a call tho. See if they will take an email while on the phone and send them the picture but might want to get a better one a little farther away.

I havent looked much around the hot water heater and while I had it open didnt look for any extra hdmi cable. I do want to add one outside to play movies for the kids but haven't got around to it yet. I wonder if its there just no outside plate. Maybe ran to the bunks? See if you can pull the inverter out from under the fridge and look behind it. If you figure it out let me know please.

One other thing you should do. Brace the sink. Mine fell down during a trip and I had to scramble to find the right stuff to fix it. There are a couple clips that hold it while the glue dries but the glue is all that holding it. We set a pot of spaghetti and it was enough to make it fail. I added some clips that I could find along with liquid nail. Would be easy to get a wood brace in there but I uad to completely remove the drawers, dividers, and wood holding the tracks. Ill look for pictures
Old 08-03-2020, 07:12 PM   #10

Her are some pictures. I used inside brackets and there is a pict of the factory one. You can see the drawer track and frame under counter that is easy to remove. I pointed to the wood between the drawers that also needs to be removed
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200624_202844.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	235564   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200624_203112.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	235565   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200624_202944.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	235566   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200624_203036.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	235567  
Old 08-03-2020, 07:17 PM   #11

There are pocket screws behind the frame to remove the wood dividers between the drawers. Just be sure to mark the with a pencil and also an aligning mark so the screws go back in the same place. Its easy for them to get off and the soft wood isn't very telling if its right or not.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20200803-201501_Gallery.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	235568  
Old 08-03-2020, 09:34 PM   #12

Oh gosh, thanks again for the tip, I'll check it.
What year is your camper? Yes, FR support responds to emails, I've got a ceiling panel ordered via them. Also, they kindly explained to me why my fridge isn't covered by 2-year warranty anymore - since I'm not the original buyer
And speaking of the fridge - I had to replace it too, it was smelling ammonia that indicated the leak of the agent.
Sigh, if I only knew I should have looked underneath for the inverter. But I'm not removing it again, kinda heavy-lifting experience

Will see what they respond, got a confirmation email already.

As of the tray - forgot to add another photo. Attaching now.
The picture you posted is different. It has mounting holes on the sides, but my tray has them under.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200801_185049.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	404.3 KB
ID:	235595  
Old 08-03-2020, 10:57 PM   #13

And another question - am I right that our trailers have only two speaker zones, and the 3rd zone button on the iRV unit isn't connected?
At least I don't hear nothing when choosing it on mine.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:26 AM   #14

My trailer is a 2020 but there must have been some running changes. We have a 2 burner stove not a 3. Do you have a gas hook up right behind the tire and also under the stove? We do. Im thinking that tray is for the griddle. The inverter is on the panel below the fridge not behind on ours. Cover with breakers and fuses. We only have 2 zones ( inside and outside) but also have a speaker bar not ceiling speakers.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:21 AM   #15

Yes, we do have 2 LP connectors - one to the left of the stove (right behind the ladder, since the spare tire is on the center) and another - to the right, where some griddle can be connected which we don't have.
And we also don't have the sound bar (I saw walkthrough videos on Youtube where it's hanging right under the TV).

I assume folks kept some goodies before turning it in to the insurance company. I wonder why they left the TV though

So you're saying you have 2 speaker zones and a sound bar, but is it always on? Your iRV holds 3 zone buttons like ours and the bottom one does not do anything?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200802_091205.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	235628  
Old 08-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #16

Same irv set up. One zone is I sude and other is outside. 3rd zone is nothing. Pressing the zone turns it on the press again to turn off. One if the inputs selection allows the TV sound back through the hdmi to irv to the inside speakers.

Inside speaker aren't always on. I can turn the off. By the way the sound bar is slightly better than the TV but not much. Our LG TV at home will blow both away.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole_blue View Post
Same irv set up. One zone is I sude and other is outside. 3rd zone is nothing. Pressing the zone turns it on the press again to turn off. One if the inputs selection allows the TV sound back through the hdmi to irv to the inside speakers.

Inside speaker aren't always on. I can turn the off. By the way the sound bar is slightly better than the TV but not much. Our LG TV at home will blow both away.
My spelling is all over the place using my phone and the auto spell check.

"One zone is inside and the other is outside"
Old 08-07-2020, 07:00 AM   #18

Wow. Got my answers from Forest River Support:
====================
a) We only put one HDMI cable in our units and it’s to simply connect the stereo to the TV. We’re not certain who, or why someone would add a 2nd HDMI cable unless they were fidgeting around with separate hook-ups for some reason?

b) [That] was modified also. That stove is one that we’ve never used. Originally that had a grill in it and the tray underneath was to catch grease. The brackets that were welded on there is a modification as well.
====================

I assume these are dealer's modifications?
In fact I found original paperwork with the whole list of equipment and it says the trailer came with Capitol Grill D-2728.

Previous owner apparently wasn't happy with it
Old 08-07-2020, 10:04 PM   #19

2020 models had running changes and the grill was one of them. Yours came with the capital grill that was suppose to work with pots and pans. It also came with another grill too. Not sure why you would need two. I like your stove, what's the make and model. I might change mine out.

Is there evidence of a TV being mount in one of the bunks? Might have had a TV in there before you got the camper.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:44 PM   #20

Found it!
My outdoor TV is "pre-wired", lol.

Unfortunately my gas range has no stickers to indicate the model number.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200809_091551.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	236197  

Tags
lite