Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #1

New 21 FBRS

We have two years of RV'ing. We are now trading in our R-POD 171 which we loved for a Micro lite 21 FBRS. Any words of wisdom? TV is a 2008 Land Rover LR3.
Thanks y'all.
uphillracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #2

We traded in our 2009 Microlite 21 FB last September for a 2012 Microlite 25KS, we loved the 21FB but wanted a bit more room. We had no problem with the 21FB, we first towed it with the wife's Mazda Tribute with a 3.0L engine but since bought a f150 for the tow vehicle.
Mrpsyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #3

We have a 21 FBRS and we love it.Its just me and the wife and it is just the right size. When we went looking it had everything plus what we wanted .We use it 25 days last yr and plan on using it 30 + this yr. We are going away this weekend
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #4

I just brought home our new 21fbrs. I forgot to ask one important question at the dealer. What do you do if the awning is in the open position and you lose power? How do you roll it back up?
frankchmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #5

There should be info in your "package of stuff" that came with the trailer. Ours came with a strap to use in the rolling up process. I must confess, I haven't really read the paperwork from the awning mfg. closely to know how it works. But there is a way, lol.
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #6

I'll look thru the "boat load" of information. When I was at the dealers picking it up, I asked about everything else on the camper..... Didn't occur to me until I was showing the camper to my wife,... let the awning down.. and then the question came up....... What do you do if you lose power....... hmmm.........
Old 06-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #7

There is a strap they gave you.I never try it either I think I should
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #8
want a Cat 293REX

Our 2013 MicroLite 21FBRS has a manual awning.
boatless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
want a Cat 293REX

The strap allows the awning to tension back into position so it won't flap, if I'm understanding this correctly. Is your awning power driven? if so, can't help, sorry!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #10

Power Awning w/o Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankchmi View Post
I just brought home our new 21fbrs. I forgot to ask one important question at the dealer. What do you do if the awning is in the open position and you lose power? How do you roll it back up?
We have the 21FBRS too. Our dealer gave verbal instructions to put tension on the awning and remove a single screw which connects to the motor. I have not tried, though probably should. Check the paperwork that came with your TT. I will check too and report back if I find anything relevant.
2010 Trailet New Yorker, 2-Horse
HorseyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #11

Congrats, I just got a 2014 21FBRS myself. My wife and I have had it out twice so far an absolutely love it. It is our first camper and I don't see needing to trade it anytime soon.

As for the awning, mine is electric as well and I have no idea how to put it up w/o power. I guess I better learn.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #12

This is our third camper. We started with an ALINER then purchased a rockwood mini lite in 2008. Needed something a little bigger. We haven't had it out yet. It's packed and ready to go. We have a trip to New Hampshire in July for six weeks. Hopefully get it out a few days prior to the big trip.
We did purchase a adco cover on craigslist. Hopefully will keep it covered most of the time. Let me know if/when you figure out the awning. I can just imagine being somewhere with the awning open unable to get it back.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
want a Cat 293REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacklem View Post
Congrats, I just got a 2014 21FBRS myself. My wife and I have had it out twice so far an absolutely love it. It is our first camper and I don't see needing to trade it anytime soon.

As for the awning, mine is electric as well and I have no idea how to put it up w/o power. I guess I better learn.

Hi guys, there is a 'gold' crank (long handled) that came with the other stuff...if we lose power, crank it back in, just make sure and use the black strap to tension correctly.

It was in the paperwork!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #14
want a Cat 293REX

oh, same thing for the electric slide - there is a crank...
Old 06-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #15

Ideal "porch"

Well, y'all, I found it, the perfect front porch addition to the FBRS.
It is the Carefree Vacation'r. We took about 2 hours to learn it at home and properly attach the few "attachments - no drilling or additions through the RV body.
It works off the awning. My wife can now install it or remove it in about 10 minutes all alone
See pics attached.
It is spacious and with the screens and screen covers provides shelter from sun as needed and ventilation.
Best price from dealer that took AMEX was from Hilltop RV. (hilltoprv.com)
We are now loving our FBRS more than ever!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TT and Porch outside.pdf (283.0 KB, 149 views)
File Type: pdf TT Porch inside.pdf (153.7 KB, 110 views)
File Type: pdf TT and Porch outside 2.pdf (285.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: pdf TT Porch inside 2.pdf (207.4 KB, 88 views)
Old 06-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #16

How is it attaching to the awning? Easy off also? What was the price? Going on our first extended trip next month, might be just what we needed.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #17

Did anyone attach the TP holder? towel rack? I don't like the idea of screwing anything into those walls.
We are heading out next week for two nights just to make sure everything is right before we make the 1100 mile trip to New Hampshire.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #18

Check out this YouTube video and get an idea. I had to attach one "bracket" to each inside of the awning arm and that's it. Once the zipper receiver is threaded through the awning's front it's pretty much all over. I did not want to do anything that drilled holes in the body or the like and this was perfect. Check the Hilltop site for price. I believe it was around $370 from them - no tax or shipping. It was $425 locally. There were two "cheaper" sites, but not by much and they didn't take AMEX. I won't buy anything over $100 on line without AMEX.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #19

Yes Frankchmi, I attached the TP holder but I did it to the inside of the Bathroom door. I also drilled and screwed in hooks on the inside of that door for towels and on the outside for misc. The door takes to drilling, screwing and holding very well. I had the same reservations as you regarding the walls.
We also caulked the shower all around, especially between the "tub" and the sink cabinet and got a new shower curtain with weights at the bottom (magnets) to minimize chances of the water leakage we experienced. I think the design there was flawed since the shower curtain is so flimsy it's easy to lose water through those uncaulked interstices.
My next purchase will be an Oxygenics shower head now that we have waterproofed the shower area. I'm hoping it will provide the increased shower water pressure we'd like. Most commenters speak well of it.
I did not attach the paper towel holder - spouse didn't want to and didn't see a need.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by uphillracer View Post
We have two years of RV'ing. We are now trading in our R-POD 171 which we loved for a Micro lite 21 FBRS. Any words of wisdom? TV is a 2008 Land Rover LR3.
Thanks y'all.
Words of wisdom? I have said on three different occasions (in front of witnesses): "I will never need a bigger camper than the one I have now."

Enjoy the newness and the extra space.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote