Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #1

New Flagstaff

Ordered a Flagstaff 26RLSS and hope to pick up in a few weeks. This forum has been very helpful in the ordering of options and making the decsion of a Flagstall. Does anyone know of who I would contact to get a tour through the plant. My wife and I would be interest in seeing the TT being built. Thanks again for this FORUM and you will see us here often.
gene2661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #2

Sorry, I can't help you with your questions, but to the forum and congratulations!

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #3

Thumbs up

We have a 2010 26RLSS and love it although the AC is a little under rated for the size. On a real hot day you'll need a fan. The TT is well built and tows nice with our 150 5.4. You know it back there but not a bad ride. Wish we could have taken a tour, it would have been nice to see how they build them.
KODA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #4

We ordered ours and had the larger AC installed. Have you had any issues with your TT. We looked for awhile and just fell for the 26RLS. We really liked the layout. Any thing I should know about. My TV will be a 2004 Silverado Ext Cab with a 5.3. From the specs of the truck of 7100 lbs and the TT at 5600 I shouldnt have any problems. I hope !!!!! Cant wait to get it delivered
Old 07-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #5

Its good you got the larger AC, we just returned from a weekend at Chippokes state park here in Virginia and it was 98 outside and 79 inside. The trailer is a lot of fun , we haven't had any problems yet. Make sure you torque the lugs on the wheels the first few times you go out, one of ours loosened up and messed up the brakes. it was repaired under warranty. Another tip is put one of the rockers between the frig and the dinette when traveling, it keeps from having to flip it up and strapping it on the sofa. I bought an extra TV stand like in the bedroom and mounted it in the kitchen over the drawers so you can flip it up, gives you more counter space. You guys are going to love it, have a great time :thumbsup
KODA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #6

Thanks for the info on the lug nuts and putting the rocker in the front of the fridge and the table. I am looking forward to a trip to the plant for a tour. Maybe see mine built. I hope not LOL I would be very critical on the way they did things on MINE.!! LOL Thanks again
Old 07-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene2661 View Post
......specs of the truck of 7100 lbs and the TT at 5600 I shouldnt have any problems. I hope !!!!!.......
I'm not meaning to pop your bubble, but that 5600 lb TT will be close to your TV's 7100 towing capacty once you add options, propane, any water you may carry and all the cargo you plan to load in the TT.
Of course the TV's towing capacity will go down once you load anything over a 150 lb driver and 1/4 tank of gas. That would mean the weight of all passengers and cargo will subtract from the TV's 7100 lb towing capacity.
Since you'll be close to your max, expect your TV to perform as such. Make sure you get a good hitch and brake contoller. If you have "P" tires you may want to look into changing them to "LT".
Congrats on your new TT and I really do hope it works out for you.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
Treetop Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene2661 View Post
......Does anyone know of who I would contact to get a tour through the plant. My wife and I would be interest in seeing the TT being built. Thanks again for this FORUM and you will see us here often......
Have you been able to find a contact for a plant tour yet?
ParrotHead is offline   Reply With Quote