Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 08:04 AM   #61

I had a 2006 29ft TT with a 2015 F350. It was an good towing but when a little windy I could not go over 70 or 72. The worse would be when I was doing 65 to 70 and a semi would pass me on the highway. Reese sway helped a little. I got used to it but traded for a Sierra 372Lok fifth wheel so problem resolved itself.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by J007 View Post
60 MPH was about the same we could go without feeling to much sway. Would like to at least be at the speed limit, feeling save. I'll be trying a few different things the next few weeks, once tongue jack is fixed and will update how it goes.
Trust me, The best solution is the Propride 3P......
$$ yes, safe and non-white knuckle towing with absolutely no sway?
PRICELESS...
Zak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #63

Quote:
Her is a picture on ride home.Attachment 135307

Likely the weight being at the backend of the unit without your gear in the garage to help balance the load.

I ran across this video the other day which I found useful and worth sharing showing where the weight is and how much it affects sway: https://youtu.be/4jk9H5AB4lM

Also, completely unrelated - I noticed on our keychain it says it's a 2018 model. I assumed it was '17.... there are little things I really like that were updated vs the one we toured at the dealer. Main items being the kitchen backsplash, the piston guide on the outdoor kitchen drawer vs the latch system.
mt_creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:19 AM   #64

Yes I seen this video too and will be trying some test runs this weekend since the dealer came out and replaced jack.Click image for larger version

Name:	24083.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	135932.

The video helps out a lot with understanding how important it is to distribute weight properly.

Did your backsplash come with wallpaper style or real stone? Ours is wallpaper and may have to replace with stone like we seen in Rockwood.
J007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:53 AM   #65

Quote:
Yes I seen this video too and will be trying some test runs this weekend since the dealer came out and replaced jack.Attachment 135932.

The video helps out a lot with understanding how important it is to distribute weight properly.

Did your backsplash come with wallpaper style or real stone? Ours is wallpaper and may have to replace with stone like we seen in Rockwood.

Yep. We were thrilled with that little upgrade. Wallpaper was fine, but this seems a little nicer. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9400.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	404.0 KB
ID:	135940

Apparently I lost that locking pin above the hitch ball. I'm sure they're available, but it would've been nice if it was tethered to the A frame... I'm assuming it was on there on the way home. So many moving pieces and new things to learn.

I spent 15min trying to figure out how to take the plastic cover off the propane tanks to install my hitch only to learn you literally just lift it straight up and off. Duh! This stuff is easy, if you know what you're doing [emoji57]
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #66

The wife's not going to be happy when I show her this picture. Guess I just got my next project for the weekend. Off to home depot.

The pin on hitch I got at tractor supply. They usually don't come with them and our dealer just out a tempery srew and bolt in there for ride home.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #67

Quote:
The wife's not going to be happy when I show her this picture. Guess I just got my next project for the weekend. Off to home depot.

The pin on hitch I got at tractor supply. They usually don't come with them and our dealer just out a tempery srew and bolt in there for ride home.

LOL. I'm pretty sure I'm counting this one as a victory on my list... but I don't get credit for it. Must be like a NCAA vacated win!?

Anyway - thanks for the tip on the pin.

Our build date on it says 3/21/17.

This drawer was the other fairly significant upgrade we were happy with. Not going to damage the wood with one of those latches as it bounces around going down the road. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9401.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	603.8 KB
ID:	136019

I have to start organizing the garage storage area on this thing. Going to use the FastTrack system which has worked well for us in our real garage...

So many things I want to tackle. Our first trip will be Mothers Day weekend, so hopefully I can get a better handle on everything before then.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:47 AM   #68

Very interesting with the Piston on the draw. Our draw doesn't have this, but seems to slide in nice and snug, so hopefully we don't have any issues with it.

I hear you about the garage storage. This has to be one of the largest front storage area's in a TT that I have ever seen. We are coming from a small front storage area on our Rockwood Roo 23IKSS that we used every last bit of and now I'm having trouble just covering all the floor space in this unit.

Good luck on your first trip and Happy camping. We are also going out for the first time in this unit that weekend and can't wait.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:55 PM   #69

Quote:
Very interesting with the Piston on the draw. Our draw doesn't have this, but seems to slide in nice and snug, so hopefully we don't have any issues with it.

I hear you about the garage storage. This has to be one of the largest front storage area's in a TT that I have ever seen. We are coming from a small front storage area on our Rockwood Roo 23IKSS that we used every last bit of and now I'm having trouble just covering all the floor space in this unit.

Good luck on your first trip and Happy camping. We are also going out for the first time in this unit that weekend and can't wait.

Here are those photos to hopefully help out. Couldn't get them to post in a message for whatever reason. If you need a different angle or something just let me know and I'll snag it tomorrow. It is pouring here in Ohio at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9420.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	136212

Name:	IMG_9421.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	136213Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9422.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	322.5 KB
ID:	136214Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9423.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	136215Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9424.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	136216
Old 05-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #70

Name:	IMG_9452.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	136597
Used locking metal screws to drill into the aluminum framing in the garage storage to hang a Rubbermaid FastTrack system to get stuff organized this past weekend. Pleased with how it got the crap up off the floor.

Also installed the LevelMatePRO. Still haven't officially used that system as it has simply sat in my driveway.

Next is hanging some bathroom organization and getting the shower head swapped out.

Anyone have a way to drain the water heater bypassing the anode plug somehow? Seems silly to have it run down the side of the camper...

Looking forward to summer with this thing. Cheers!
Old 05-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #71

Looks real good. Not sure if you tried the Anderson leveling blocks yet, but may have to trim a little off the tip of one to get between tires. I have same blocks and had to do it for my Rockwood Roo and still works with the 27BHWS after trying last week.

LevelMatePro looks need and I may have to try that.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:50 AM   #72

Quote:
Looks real good. Not sure if you tried the Anderson leveling blocks yet, but may have to trim a little off the tip of one to get between tires. I have same blocks and had to do it for my Rockwood Roo and still works with the 27BHWS after trying last week.

LevelMatePro looks need and I may have to try that.

Good to know, I've yet to actually level the trailer. I was wondering how that would work since the X-chocks hardly fit in between the two tires.

I had read the Andersons are slippery so I had put some tread tape on them to help combat that issue... I'm having fun tinkering [emoji57]
Old 05-03-2017, 08:31 PM   #73

I'm hopping to move my trailer this weekend and if I do, I'll take a picture of the leveling blocks trimmed.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:03 AM   #74

Quote:
I'm hopping to move my trailer this weekend and if I do, I'll take a picture of the leveling blocks trimmed.

I cut off a pretty big chunk of the Anderson levelers and it was still a hassle to wedge that under the back tire. I guess I need to whack another 1/2" or so? Do you have a photo comparing the original to the shorter one?

I felt like was getting a bit to aggressive with my saw

This is mine and it was still really tight. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9575.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	137486 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9574.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	137487
Old 05-11-2017, 06:11 AM   #75

Yes I needed to cut more off and will send pictures tonight when I get home.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:12 AM   #76

Name:	IMG_20170510_211003690.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	137488Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170510_210949501.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	137489
Old 05-11-2017, 06:13 AM   #77

Couch issue pulling away while driving.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:25 PM   #78

Hello friends. We just picked up our 27bhws yesterday on a great off-season discount, and we’re excited to get out and camping. This is our first TT, and I’m the kind of person who tends to do a lot of research. So it’s great learning from all of you with experience.
We added a second battery at the dealer before taking it away, and we’re purchasing all the other relevant supplies and add-ons now.
A couple of questions:
Our spare is covered and hanging off the center of the bumper. I’m thinking of moving it nearer the driver side to accommodate a bike rack in front of the ladder. Thoughts? Or would you recommend a bike rack that hangs further out beyond the spare?
Secondly, what, if anything, is anyone doing on top of the trailer? The ladder is nice. But I am wondering whether folks are up there with lawn chairs at air shows? Whether you’re only using it to clean or check the roof? Or whether you’re storing paddle boards/bikes, etc. up there? I’m 250 pounds, and I certainly don’t want to damage the roof.
Anyone add any better speakers for the interior audio system? I’m not an audiofile, but the sound is a little “AM” for our tastes so far.
Thanks in advance.
Zipkruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipkruse View Post
Hello friends. We just picked up our 27bhws yesterday on a great off-season discount, and we’re excited to get out and camping. This is our first TT, and I’m the kind of person who tends to do a lot of research. So it’s great learning from all of you with experience.

We added a second battery at the dealer before taking it away, and we’re purchasing all the other relevant supplies and add-ons now.

A couple of questions:

Our spare is covered and hanging off the center of the bumper. I’m thinking of moving it nearer the driver side to accommodate a bike rack in front of the ladder. Thoughts? Or would you recommend a bike rack that hangs further out beyond the spare?

Secondly, what, if anything, is anyone doing on top of the trailer? The ladder is nice. But I am wondering whether folks are up there with lawn chairs at air shows? Whether you’re only using it to clean or check the roof? Or whether you’re storing paddle boards/bikes, etc. up there? I’m 250 pounds, and I certainly don’t want to damage the roof.

Anyone add any better speakers for the interior audio system? I’m not an audiofile, but the sound is a little “AM” for our tastes so far.

Thanks in advance.

I missed this post earlier so my apologies for the delayed response... I get notifications for too many things so they become white noise sometimes

This is our first TT too, so I'd be the last one to give advice - but I wouldn't be on the roof to party especially with chairs... leaks and tearing that membrane (not sure if that's what it is or not) but we had a tiny hole upon delivery from a little piece of gravel someone had stepped on while checking seals etc. so I only climb up here to clean the slides before taking them in and looking at seals etc to ensure there wasn't driving or tree debris that created issues.

I've looked at a couple ladder mounted bike racks but haven't pulled the trigger either. I just have heard you can't use the bumper or it'll fall off without proper support.

Enjoy the camper - it sure has been fun. We're loading up for one final October weekend to have the kids trick-or-treat and setup Halloween campsites with tailgates and warm campfires in the crisp OH fall weather.
Cheers.

Tags
flagstaff