Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2019, 07:06 PM   #1

New to me 2011 v lite 21 wrs

I picked up a new to me V lite and so far Im very happy with it. It did need a new converter as the stock unit wasnt producing any charge at all. The camper appears to have been used once and then never used again. When I got out the grill its spotless with the exception for 1 little spot where a single burger was probably grilled. It really doesnt show any wear and tear. The new awning came in today so thats a good project for tommorow.
I live in upstate SC and picked up the camper just south or orlando FL and was fighting headwinds all the way home. TV is a 2005 F150 with the 5.4, its ok but could use just a lil more, especially onthe low end so Im thinking of a tune.
One question I have is why are there vents in the ceiling when the AC unit only blows from its own vents? The camper is open inside so its not a problem just a question.
The camper towed great thought even with those harsh winds from a northern cold front onthe way back.
The V Nose does sacrifice some outside storage but wow this camper has more inside storage than I know what to do with.
Authenticrebuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 07:29 PM   #2

I also have a V-Lite (30WRLIKS) and we love it. The floor plan and storage are perfect for two of us (and a German Shepherd); it pulls very well behind a Ram 2500 w/CTD. After a couple of minor glitches found on the first trip, it has been pretty much flawless, such that it precludes even looking to "upgrade".

Not sure how much the V nose saves us on fuel, but it provides a (front) bedroom closet and exterior accessible storage for the 30# propane tanks.
Summit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 08:04 PM   #3

Not familiar with your camper specifically, but it sounds like the AC dump is open. On the unit is a slider to "dump" the air directly from the unit or, if you move the slider, to force it thru the vents. There should be a tiny handle next to where the air dumps from to slide over and block the flow.
hinkle_e is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, lite