Old 01-23-2020, 02:43 AM   #1

Newbie with 8528rkss questions

Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well. Ill be quick with a little back ground info. I am new to the event world, and have a new to me 2006 flagstaff 8528 RKSS fifth wheel. After reading the owners manual, as well as searching the internet for hours, I am hoping to find some answers here from the folks that are familiar with these Models. My current questions is: while trying to figure out the camper and make a list of things I need to purchase, I noticed what appears to be two separate dump valves on the left hand (driver side) side of the trailer. I havent found anything definite for this particular model, but I see where some have two grey tanks, one for shower and one for kitchen. Based off of that information, am I correct in thinking the black and shower grey are hooked to the front drain, and the kitchen is hooked to the separate rear drain? To avoid having to switch the hose, Id also guess I would need two stinky slinkys and a T with a short hose to connect to the dump station? Sorry for the long thread, just trying to be as thorough as possible. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can offer.
Kelly

Fireman560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:46 AM   #2

Hi Kelly,

One will be strictly for your black water and one for grey water. There should not be any grey water flowing into your black water tank.

You do not need two hoses. When you go to dump station, dump your black water tank first and then your grey water dump will clean the hose for you.
( mostly )

You should use the hose at the dump station to give your hose an extra rinse.

My RV has two grey water tanks as well as a black tank.

Good luck,
Don

dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:39 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman560 View Post
Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well. I’ll be quick with a little back ground info. I am new to the event world, and have a new to me 2006 flagstaff 8528 RKSS fifth wheel. After reading the owners manual, as well as searching the internet for hours, I am hoping to find some answers here from the folks that are familiar with these Models. My current questions is: while trying to figure out the camper and make a list of things I need to purchase, I noticed what appears to be two separate dump valves on the left hand (driver side) side of the trailer. I haven’t found anything definite for this particular model, but I see where some have two grey tanks, one for shower and one for kitchen. Based off of that information, am I correct in thinking the black and shower grey are hooked to the front drain, and the kitchen is hooked to the separate rear drain? To avoid having to switch the hose, I’d also guess I would need two stinky slinky’s and a “T” with a short hose to connect to the dump station? Sorry for the long thread, just trying to be as thorough as possible. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can offer.
Kelly
Yes, you are correct on your thinking.

On my 5th wheel there are two grey tanks. One for the bathroom sink and shower and one for the galley. (kitchen sink)

I have THREE handles and TWO sewer ports.

One drain port for the galley tank with its own grey colored dump valve handle, one drain port for BOTH the 2nd grey and the black tanks each having their own dump valve handles. (one grey, one black colored)

When dumping at a dump station, I just use one hose.
I connect to the black/grey dump port and dump the black tank 1st, then dump the grey water for the bath/shower, thereby cleaning the hose. Then I move the hose to the galley port and dump that.

At a dump station you don't want to be hooking up a bunch of hoses or adapters to slow down the waiting line that often occurs at a dump station.

Now... when we are on a full hook up site, staying for more than a day or two, Yes... I do hook all of the dump ports together into one hose and then to the in-ground port. My stuff looks like this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160305_124411.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	222251   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160305_124512.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	222252  
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=51
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #4

Hi Again Kelly,

Just a quick note: 5Picker has a real nice campsite hose setup, but remember to keep your dump valves closed while camping. This will allow your black tank to have liquids in it to float the solids. Otherwise the liquids drain out and you are left with a pile of solids which can be difficult to clean out.

Don
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:41 PM   #5

Thank you for the replies. I hope for better weather over the weekend when I have time to get outside and do a full inspection of how everything appears to work. I appreciate the information and please stay tuned, Im sure rhere will be many more questions to come 😂
Old 01-24-2020, 10:12 AM   #6

In addition to what was show I have a clear elbow that I connect to the connection for the blackwater tank. It allows you to confirm all is clear when flushing.
I have seen too many campers with their valves always opened. Only open after they are over 2/3 full.
Good luck and happy camping

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:59 PM   #7

you might check in the compartment where where you hook up your water supply hose and see if you have a BLANK TANK flush plug. I have 5th and have 2 grey tanks and 1 black tank, only have one drain pipe as mine Y UNDER TRAILER
grease monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
In addition to what was show I have a clear elbow that I connect to the connection for the blackwater tank. It allows you to confirm all is clear when flushing.
I have seen too many campers with their valves always opened. Only open after they are over 2/3 full.
Good luck and happy camping

Thank you again for your help. I hope to do some investigation tomorrow since the rain is supposed to be over.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:17 PM   #9

Grease monkey Thank you, I’ll check that tomorrow now that the rain has stopped (hopefully for a long time, we are beyond water logged around here). I noticed there was two separate 3 or 4” drains but haven’t had the chance to investigate further to see how the plumbing is laid out.

Tags
8528, newbie