Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #1

NitroFill Tires

I have seen much discussion on the forum re: tires. Our 2012 V-Lite came with Lionshead Duro tires with NitroFill and we are unsure about airing them up. Is NitroFill readily available, and if so, where? We are leaving shortly on a several hundred mile trip, and want to make sure the tires are adequately inflated. We don't recall this being addressed during the PDI and cannot find anything in all the manuals etc. We would appreciate any advice, not withstanding the obvious: to replace them! Thanks in advance
dandsmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Missing Link

Most tires stores can do it for you or just use regular old air. They can be used together.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandsmcd View Post
I have seen much discussion on the forum re: tires. Our 2012 V-Lite came with Lionshead Duro tires with NitroFill and we are unsure about airing them up. Is NitroFill readily available, and if so, where? We are leaving shortly on a several hundred mile trip, and want to make sure the tires are adequately inflated. We don't recall this being addressed during the PDI and cannot find anything in all the manuals etc. We would appreciate any advice, not withstanding the obvious: to replace them! Thanks in advance
It was my personal experience after having a flat and not knowing any better tried to find nitro after the tire was repaired at a GY store which didn't have any. I started a thread here about nitro - do a search.

I said the heck with it and started and still do using plain old air.

Someone said they found it at Discount Tire and its expensive.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #4

Normal air is 78% nitrogen. How much more you want?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #5

Don't waste your time or money. Use regular air to top off the tires.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
Anacortesians

Based on my Boeing experience with tires bursting in flight - if your RV can accelerate to 150 mph in 2 miles with a dragging brake and then you retract the wheels into an enclosed box, you should use nitrogen. If not, save your money - it's just a big con job! Air is 70% nitrogen anyway!