Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2017, 08:28 AM   #1

PDI Roof

This is my fourth new trailer and u always learn something new . But this one I can not believe it left the factory like this . On my ordered 2017 Flagstaff 25BRDS I have 3 holes. Tears , in the roof that they cover up with dicor . Now it was my fault for not catching on the PDI and lesson learned so if you are picking up a new forest river trailer look over the roof . I will be getting a new roof soon and Hope for the best . I have been reading a lot on this forum and the build Quality is getting poor . Check everything before you pay for the trailer . If I had seen this before I paid , I would have passed on this trailer . I hope this helps someone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1259.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	365.6 KB
ID:	133984Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1260.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	412.4 KB
ID:	133985Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1245.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	450.2 KB
ID:	133986
Old 04-06-2017, 08:54 AM   #2

For a real eye opener about RVs, the mfgs, suppliers, dealers, etc., read the series of downward trend articles at rvdailyreport.com.

Be sure to keep in mind that you (probably, like 99%) have no recourse via lemon laws in regards to the home portion of your rv.

In general, you are better off if you treat your new rv like a used rv AND do a used PDI even to the point of having professionals go over your unit, as in a mechanic and a chassis guy if a MH and an rv inspector and water leak evaluator for the roof, and evaluate chassis rust, etc.

NOTE: if I were you I would have a water damage determination made on your roof as it is likely you already have water damage. Recently, I saw a new trailer on a lot that had leaked during a recent rain storm.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #3

Confession... We got our trailer in Nov. 2016... It was cold(Ohio), wind blowing and light rain during the PDI. We had driven(I) appr. 18 hrs. straight and I "glanced" on the roof and "trusted" the salesman. I saw them inspecting the roofs and it looked like they knew and cared about the outcome. I did ask the PDI person about the roof and he said he had personally inspected the roof and at that point in my life I trusted him/them. It all worked out.

Sorry for your experience. One would think there would be pride in workmanship...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:24 AM   #4

Still hard to believe these units are allowed to leave the factory like that, and dealers except them ! Maybe if the dealers would refuse the damaged units, I t would force the factory to spend more time on quality, and quality control !

I will be spending time looking over our ordered unit, and flying home without it if it is damaged in anyway ! If I wanted a used unit, I would have purchased a used unit !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:46 AM   #5
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Bummer, those holes are huge. I bought the 25brds and so far so good. Only minor fix on interior lighting wiring. The exterior storage door locks are finicky but I presume they will get easier as they wear. Aside from that all seems to be good.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:47 AM   #6
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

What did you get yours for? $

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdi, roo, roof