Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2024, 01:42 PM   #1

Greetings everyone, and happy new year. We are considering either a 25SRK, or the Rockwood 2515S equivalent. We currently have a keystone, which has been a complete disaster when it comes to quality, too many issues to name. I was wondering for folks who have purchased a micro lite model in the past few years, how has your experience been? I appreciate any feedback, positive or negative. Thank you so much!
travelfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 05:32 PM   #2

I bought my MicroLite (25BRDS) a little over a year ago, so we have just one season with it under our belts.

With that said, I love it. The fantastic quality of our GeoPro is what led me to stay with Forest River, and the MicroLite has not disappointed.

I had only one issue and that was a bit of water dripping under the kitchen sink. Dealer quickly took care of that under warranty (loose fitting that was easily addressed).

I am super happy with both the layout and the quality of our unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1245.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	643.1 KB
ID:	296063  
Old 01-03-2024, 06:57 AM   #3

2022 and only semi-major problem was a defective slide topper.
Dealer got me a new one under warranty even though it was just out of warranty. I installed it.
Technically that is not a Rockwood product, just an attachment.

Been in it full time since new.
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 08:41 AM   #4

Might be more than just a 'few years ago' but we bought a 2020 Micro lite 22FBS. Enjoyed it an average of 40 nights per year for 3 years and had zero problems with it. Only reason we sold it was DW finally retired and we moved to a MH.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 01:53 PM   #5
Enjoying Life

Bought our 2022 2109S in Aug '21. Trailer was without any problems until Aug '22. Air conditioner failed. We went to the "22 Goshen rally and Rockwood (Flagstaff sister, same plant) took it to factory and replaced it; along with going over it and fixing little nit-picking issues. Have since traveled over 5k miles with no problems.
We owned 2 previous Rockwoods and had no major issues with either one. I am very satisfied with the quality of the Rockwood/Flagstaff brand.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 07:01 PM   #6

We bought our 2016 ML23FB new in the spring of 2016, it has been a fantastic camper and would not hesitate purchasing a new Micro Lite.
For the 8-seasons we have travelled and camped with our trailer the issues have been very few.
We peeled off most of the decals as they were either curling up or faded, I will also add this trailer sits in direct sunlight from sunrise to sunset daily so it was not a big surprise about the decals.
Last season we noticed a small spot of delamination just under the front entry side storage compartment, it is about the size of a golf ball. There is no signs of water intrusion or any indication that it is getting any worse so we are not worried about it.
We had the microwave replaced last year for free under the “Forever Warranty “ that we have (it’s a $200 per year annual inspection, many say it’s not worth it but I don’t consider it a big deal as our dealer goes through the entire rig and seals any spots on the roof that may need it)
Only other thing we have done which was just general maintenance was the brakes and a new set of tires last year (the China bombs everyone cries about lasted 7-years with zero issues and still looked decent when we replaced them)
Even the factory installed water filter unit that everyone always says to replace right away because they break is still working perfectly.

2019 Ford F-250 Super Cab 6.2L Lariat
2016 ML23FB (Sold March 2024)
2024 ML25SRK
MT Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 05:05 PM   #7

My 2021 has never been in for any warranty work other than a MaxxAir fan that had its motor start to go out but it runs nearly all year on low, even in storage. But that is not an FR issue. It has about 30k miles on it now. The WiFiRanger died after a year, but I don't really use it and I see no signs of leakage, it just failed.

I have had wind damage but that isn't FR's issue.

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:45 PM   #8

We have a 2017 MicroLite 21FBRS and have camped in it over the last six summers. It's been great. Only issue we had was a failed electric tongue jack which was easy to replace. Upgraded to a Husky Super Brute and it's been great.

The other thing is these trailers are very easy to work on and customize so there's that. There will always be little issues to work on but a guy like me enjoys it.

I would highly recommend these trailers.
Old 04-19-2024, 02:21 PM   #9

We have a 2021 Microlite 22FBS bought new and have roughly put 9000 miles on it. A couple issues but nothing major. Had a pin hole leak around max air vent, sealed with Dicor on roof. One of the switches on automatic levelers broke. Overall great rv
Jdh58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 01:38 PM   #10

No issues

Bought ours in Spring 2023. A 25BDS. Love it. Took it out probably 14 days last year. This year going to take it out probably double that now that I upgraded the solar and got Starlink (planning to work remote).

Can't think of anything that has broken or made poorly in my opinion. Only thing I didn't like was the rinky-dink solar package that came on it. 200w with lead acid battery on a 25 foot rig is pretty useless. But love the portable solar port that came with it- bought a Renogy portable 200w solar suitcase and works great. Also upgraded to 2 Powerurus 200ah batteries with bluetooth. Huge difference.

Will see how the unit weathers this season but so far, very pleased in the quality.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	microlite2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	526.5 KB
ID:	299698  
pwinscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 07:20 AM   #11

I hope this reply isn't too late to help. We bought our 2024 MicroLite 21FBRS last October and picked it up from storage in early April. We've taken 4 trips with it so far and like it very much. We found a few small items to address in the PDI last fall, but nothing serious. Mostly something like a crooked cupboard door, or a scratch. The first trip out this year we did notice that the power wiring to the motors on the Lippert PSX2 stabilizer jacks had been fastened with too much tension on them. This caused the rubber boots that cover the motors and wiring leading to the motors to tear. Our dealer is in the process of getting the motors replaced under warranty.

The 21FBRS is the perfect size for just the 2 of us (and the pooch) and is easy to tow. The quality, features, and finish was much better than many other trailers of this size that we looked at. We've used every mechanical and electrical system in the trailer quite a bit, except for the inverter which I've only really used to test it. We don't rely on the 200W solar much but we did do a 2-day boondocking trip and it kept up with the fridge demand and small water pump and light usage. Overall, we're very happy with it. I am of course knocking on wood as I write this.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Webster Park 5-6-24.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	482.7 KB
ID:	301001   Click image for larger version

Name:	21FBRS PSX2 Pass Side Rear.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	301002  

Take the high road. It's usually less muddy.
Mookie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 11:48 AM   #12

We got our 2509s(2022) in April of 22, only really nitpicking problems. Loose drawer cabinetry, I did have one leak and it couldnít have been in a better spot, under the bathroom sink and it dripped out the foam not onto the floor! I have the same cracking stab jack wires as others, I have no real failing of roof seal 3 years in, itís been great. I did have bubbling on the roof when we got it but the dealer proved to not be a liar when they said itíll settle in the summer heat, which it did. Nothing really inappropriate for a Covid era rolling earthquake, ha!!

I think if I have to pick 2 complaints of any significance to me it would be 1) whatever ding dong put the vent hood up missed the runners and it started falling this yearóeasy fix. 2) how unbelievably hard it is to work pex with they clamps all facing the most awkward ways! OhÖand thanks for adding slam latches the year after I bought mine FR -__-
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2469.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	301007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1430.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	301008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3299.jpg
Views:	12