Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #1

rookie TT guy

hello all. the wife and I bought a TT from her aunt and uncle on a whim; took the kids to myrtle beach in it. I'm sure like most first timers we were pulling are hair out with frustration at times but overall LOVED it. we are now trading that in for the microlite 25bhs. we need the bunks. I did a search and surprisingly didn't see any other owners of this particular model. Anyone on here own one or have any tips about that unit(or RVing for that matter!)? thanks
brewhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forums! As for RVing I suggest keeping things simple until you have determine your camping/RVing style. Don't sweat the small stuff - there's little that you can't recover from.

I found it over whelming when I first became an RV owner. I even considered selling it the very first night I brought it home. I took things one step at a time and by the 3rd trip I was doing OK. I don't have a technical background so I found things more challenging for me as a older solo female camper.

I would suggest that both of you guys learn to set up camp & break camp as well as being able to tow the TT if need be. This can be done is small baby steps and be as simple as driving the unit slowly around the campground once. All it takes is an unexpected medical issue and the other person will be helpless.

Good luck!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #3

Don't worry, you'll catch on. We were all newbies at one time.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #4

Welcome. Learning is part of the fun. Plus you get to meet a lot of great people here to help with questions.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #5

thank yall for the replies. back to the TT itself i saw a zolar charge feature on the exterior of the unit. The sales guy didnt even know what it was. any ideas?
brewhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:48 AM   #6

Solar panel plug in to charge your battery on the TT

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #7

I recently bought a 2014 mico light 25 bhs. Love it. Where is this "zolar charge" feature at as I havnt seen it nor was it mentioned by the sales man
Rockridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #8

Brewhaw...did you know that Youtube has thousands of TT educational videos free for viewing? When I bought my first camper (Sunline 21) I knew zero. An hour watching videos I felt better educated and enjoyed using my camper...error free!
Don't quit, you'll be OK.
Toyota Tundra
SparkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo