Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2022, 11:03 AM   #1

RV Cover for my Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions for brands of RV covers that I should get for my 2022 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS? When I read the reviews out there it seems that quality of materials is an issue with covers tearing quickly, even during the first time being installed. I want a good quality cover that is backed by a good warrantee. I live in Connecticut so we can get some heavy snowfalls in the winter and cold temps.

Also, I am not a frequent user of this forum so I apologize if I am not placing this post in the right place.

Thanks,
Rich
Retired-Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 11:07 AM   #2
Site Team

Moved thread to the Flagstaff sub-forum since the OP is asking for model-specific assistance.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 08:41 AM   #3

Lots of different covers out there. Buy the best you can afford, and before installation, make sure you pad the corner downspouts on the TT, as well as anything on the roof with sharp edges. This will definitely help to make the cover last much longer. A lot of folks use pieces of pool noodle for the corner downspouts - I use foam pipe insulation slipped on then doubled over and taped with duct tape. It works well for me and I am on my 3rd season with my cover - and I live in Northern Nevada at 4800' elevation where it we have heat and snow and UVs. Good luck!

2019 Mini Lite 2109S
2021 GMC 1500 Sierra Elevation 3.0 Duramax Diesel
NevadaMiniLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:30 PM   #4

Ordered one from CarCover.com

I wound up ordering a cover from CarCover.com. I was impressed by their lifetime warrantee. I'll let you know how it goes....
Retired-Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 10:18 PM   #5

I would never put a cover on, unless you are ok with a marred and scratched exterior on your new rv. I learned my less the hard way…bought a front cap cover called the buggbanner. Went through with the tedious installation including drilling and mounting hardware. First time using it the cover marred the front cap paint. I haven’t used it since. Instead I decided to remove some of the hardware which has now resulted in me order some new decals from FR, and polishing out the marred finish on my brand new and expensive fifth wheel. In theory the concept of it is great but it’s not realistic at all. Too good to be true. In the end all it did was cost me money and damage to my rv that otherwise wouldn’t have happened if I’d left it. Therefore, forego the cover…it will cause more harm than good.
JohnnyPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 12:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Rich View Post
I wound up ordering a cover from CarCover.com. I was impressed by their lifetime warrantee. I'll let you know how it goes....
Good luck with yours. I went with them because of the warranty also. First one tore at a seem along the bottom and they replaced it for a $90 shipping fee. Replacement rotted terribly from the sun after one summer. Called them about the warranty but was told it only covers the first one. They did offer to sell me a new one at a 20% discount. After the way those two lasted no thanks.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPop View Post
I would never put a cover on, unless you are ok with a marred and scratched exterior on your new rv. I learned my less the hard way…bought a front cap cover called the buggbanner. Went through with the tedious installation including drilling and mounting hardware. First time using it the cover marred the front cap paint. I haven’t used it since. Instead I decided to remove some of the hardware which has now resulted in me order some new decals from FR, and polishing out the marred finish on my brand new and expensive fifth wheel. In theory the concept of it is great but it’s not realistic at all. Too good to be true. In the end all it did was cost me money and damage to my rv that otherwise wouldn’t have happened if I’d left it. Therefore, forego the cover…it will cause more harm than good.
Sorry about your experience. I’ve always kept ours covered if it’s going to sit more than 2 weeks. No scratches or fading and have been complimented how new it looks. Of course I take precautions when putting it on to make sure it fits tight so there is no rubbing or chafing.
Old 08-15-2022, 02:20 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by simiHal View Post
Sorry about your experience. I’ve always kept ours covered if it’s going to sit more than 2 weeks. No scratches or fading and have been complimented how new it looks. Of course I take precautions when putting it on to make sure it fits tight so there is no rubbing or chafing.
Yep, I had no such issues with my ADCO cover.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, flagstaff, lite