Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2021, 08:28 PM   #21

I took my doors off bc they wouldn't stay lock when traveling.all I had to do was take the top track off.then we bought shower curtains
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:11 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Owned 3 TT's in my life time and never used the showers in any of them.
That's why they call you "Stinky"
Egalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:30 AM   #23

I guess I was lucky!! We weren't allowed a walk thru due to Covid. When we got our new TT home the shower door was lying in the living room. Nobody had bothered to lock it!
Stevemal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:38 AM   #24
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemal View Post
I guess I was lucky!! We weren't allowed a walk thru due to Covid. When we got our new TT home the shower door was lying in the living room. Nobody had bothered to lock it!
You weren't allowed to enter your R/V (by yourself) and check things over before towing it home?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:54 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
You weren't allowed to enter your R/V (by yourself) and check things over before towing it home?

Nope, and after a 2 hour drive to get there we weren't even allowed to use the restrooms! We were told to pee behind the pine tree!A year later we're still trying to get all the defects fixed. A couple more days they say. We tried to trade it in and would have had to take a 50% loss on a unit we couldn't even use last year due to a non-working refrigerator and a FW water tank falling out. "Yea, FR". Hope to get it back this week! We'll see, it was supposed to be ready 2 weeks ago!
Stevemal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:31 AM   #26

Forester 2018 3011DS

I had my bottom sweep bite the dust and started looking for a new one. THEN i discovered that I also have a sweep on the top of the door. The frame material is the same top or bottom and for what ever reason the door was installed with TWO sweeps.
I think it took me approximately 30 seconds to pull out the top sweep and install it in the bottom track.

A while later DW saw me sitting outside in a recliner with a brew and asked why. "I replied that i had just finished a job that should have taken a couple hours of chasing around for parts and i earned some comp time". She didn't find any humor in that.
'
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 03:33 PM   #27
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemal View Post
Nope, and after a 2 hour drive to get there we weren't even allowed to use the restrooms! We were told to pee behind the pine tree!A year later we're still trying to get all the defects fixed. A couple more days they say. We tried to trade it in and would have had to take a 50% loss on a unit we couldn't even use last year due to a non-working refrigerator and a FW water tank falling out. "Yea, FR". Hope to get it back this week! We'll see, it was supposed to be ready 2 weeks ago!
Sorry to hear that. That would have killed the deal for me.
I understand COVID guidelines but once it was paid for and it was mine, I would have been inside checking things out even if I had to take it a mile down the road to a parking lot. There's no way I would pay thousands of dollars for something I couldn't evaluate.

I hope you get your unit repaired to your satisfaction.

Sorry to the OP for the thread drift.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:09 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Newsoms View Post
Can you just take the sweep off the top and put it on the bottom?
This, see if it slides off a groove.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, show, shower