Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2017, 11:04 AM   #21

I have the Yamaha 2000 watt inverter. It is very quiet and is what I use mainly for tailgating BBQs and tent camping. I was planning on getting a second one and the parallel kit to work with the new RV but for about the same price I can get a boliy 3000 watt to power the camper on its own. Everything I have read says they are lite and quiet as well as reliable. Still contemplating. I also have a contractor 3k generator that I picked up cheap on black friday for $250 but cautious to use with the rv due to noise concerns. Both Yamaha and Honda make larger units as well. Not sure if they can be bridged to meet 50A but you could get two of those or a few boliys if you seperate the wiring.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #22
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
...I was planning on getting a second one and the parallel kit to work with the new RV but for about the same price I can get a boliy 3000 watt to power the camper on its own...Not sure if they can be bridged to meet 50A but you could get two of those or a few boliys if you seperate the wiring.
A couple of comments. The Boliys can be ordered with the fuel extension port (basically a marine plug so you can use an external gas tank like you find on boat outboards). If you get a Champion, the marine plug can be installed DIY just look at the Pinellas youtube. I do not believe the Boliys support a parallel kit for the 3500 inverters however Champion's newest 3500 models do support the Champions new parallel kit. See the Supergen.com site for more info.

Lastly, I have the Champion 3100 (modified for extended run tank) and I use it to power my 50amp dual A/C fifth wheel. I use the Camco 50a to 30a adapter to take care of the wiring downshift. Of course it will not run both A/C at the same time but honestly that has not been a problem. We typically run the LR 15K A/C during the day and then the Bedroom 13.5K A/C at night. If its so hot that this solution doesn't work then we make 1 of 2 choices - 1) Go to a full hookup with 50a service campground or 2) Stay home ;-( . Option 2 has never happened so far.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #23

Never heard of a Bolly. Is that a regional brand?
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:16 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Never heard of a Bolly. Is that a regional brand?
The Boliy 3600 has been around for almost 10 years now.
It has been sold nationwide but not many distributors.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #25
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The Boliy 3600 has been around for almost 10 years now.
It has been sold nationwide but not many distributors.
Find the Boliy here. This site offers the most additional options too.

Link for BOLIY at Bottomline Trading Company Austin TX
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:26 PM   #26

Great link. Now I dont know of I go with the boliy or the champion for future upgraded. I also like the marine plug so I dont have to get up middle of the night to refuel...wife likes it like a meat locker to sleep. I see multiple ac units in my future. The chamion with the parallel kit looks like it could work with the dual ac units.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:41 PM   #27

I have to say (and no, I don't work for Champion, I'm a retired steel worker) that Champion's after sale service is excellent. I called then in Wisconsin because I wanted a spare air filter element and I found them to be very acomodating.

Nice folks.

Like about everything else today, they are imported (Champion Power Equipment is the importer, they don't make them here..., but they do stock replacement parts and offer technical assistance and / or authorized service centers if you need that.

I have had no issues with mine, what so ever.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:48 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post
Find the Boliy here. This site offers the most additional options too.

Link for BOLIY at Bottomline Trading Company Austin TX
Interesting link.

I see that the comparison chart does not do a direct comparison to the Champion, the Honda, Yamaha and a few others but no Champion. Wonder why?
Old 02-21-2017, 04:49 PM   #29
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Interesting link.

I see that the comparison chart does not do a direct comparison to the Champion, the Honda, Yamaha and a few others but no Champion. Wonder why?
They do. It was the other link on their page.

Champion comparison

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:02 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
They do. It was the other link on their page.

Champion comparison
You are a veritable fountain of knowledge today, I'm impressed. I see feature for feature, the Champion wins out except for fuel capacity (which is easily addressed with an external tank).

I would say both use the same engine, most likely Lifan and I say that because my Champion (which is a smaller one) has a Lifan engine. Lifan produces all the Harbor Freight Predator engines FYI.

Tags
generator