Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #1

So far So good with local Dealership

Being new to camping and without having any clue to what I am doing I was determined to purchase our new ML23FB from a local dealer (Which I did )
I know I could have bought the trailer cheaper from a on-line dealer, but I really wanted the comfort and convenience of having a dealer close by for any issues that may arise, and luckily the dealer is 5-minutes from me!
During our PDI the tech had told us one of our blinds was damaged and they had already ordered us a replacement.(The replacement came in last week)
Over the weekend and all last week it has been pouring rain like crazy (all because we want to go camping!) as I walked past the rear of the trailer I noticed water inside one of the rear tail lights.
Upon further inspection I noticed the lens cap had a tiny hairline crack in it, so this morning I stopped in at the dealership with cracked lens in hand.
Went to the service department, the person updated my info with the registration number on the trailer and handed me a ticket.
Was told to take it to the parts counter where another tech took the ticket, handed me a replacement lens and I was out the door!

I know both of these issues were very minor, but I stress out over the tiniest of issues. Getting even the smallest issues taken care of quickly and easily is a big deal for me and makes me even happier with my decision to buy local.

2019 Ford F-250 Super Cab 6.2L Lariat
2016 ML23FB (Sold March 2024)
2024 ML25SRK
MT Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #2

Who is your dealer? It's good to hear positive things about dealers.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Big Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rig View Post
Who is your dealer? It's good to hear positive things about dealers.

Arlington RV Super Center, East Greenwich RI

2019 Ford F-250 Super Cab 6.2L Lariat
2016 ML23FB (Sold March 2024)
2024 ML25SRK
MT Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:08 AM   #4

Thanks, never been there but have seen them at the Boston RV show. We purchased our current Fifth wheel from Flagg and so far they have been pretty good.

Big Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Biker View Post
Being new to camping and without having any clue to what I am doing I was determined to purchase our new ML23FB from a local dealer (Which I did )
I know I could have bought the trailer cheaper from a on-line dealer, but I really wanted the comfort and convenience of having a dealer close by for any issues that may arise, and luckily the dealer is 5-minutes from me!
During our PDI the tech had told us one of our blinds was damaged and they had already ordered us a replacement.(The replacement came in last week)
Over the weekend and all last week it has been pouring rain like crazy (all because we want to go camping!) as I walked past the rear of the trailer I noticed water inside one of the rear tail lights.
Upon further inspection I noticed the lens cap had a tiny hairline crack in it, so this morning I stopped in at the dealership with cracked lens in hand.
Went to the service department, the person updated my info with the registration number on the trailer and handed me a ticket.
Was told to take it to the parts counter where another tech took the ticket, handed me a replacement lens and I was out the door!

I know both of these issues were very minor, but I stress out over the tiniest of issues. Getting even the smallest issues taken care of quickly and easily is a big deal for me and makes me even happier with my decision to buy local.
Keep the honeymoon going.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer