Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2017, 04:07 PM   #1

Tank heater switch

I have an 8528rkws fifth wheel which is equipped with 3 waste tanks plus fresh water tank. I have one tank heater switch on the control panel. What tank does it heat? Or does it heat all the tanks?
jswatzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:19 PM   #2
Site Team

I don't have a Flagstaff but on my Wildcat one switch activates all tank heaters.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:07 PM   #3

In my Flagstaff it turns on all of them.
spydunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:39 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. That's kinda what I thought but wasn't sure.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswatzell View Post
Thanks for the replies. That's kinda what I thought but wasn't sure.
Well think about this, Tanks must have fluid in them Before turning on Heat Pads! How does one manage that with 1 switch and depending on "Very Inaccurate Level gauges"! Youroo!!
Old 12-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #6

Good point about having to have liquid in the tanks I read that on the manufacturers website. That's a problem I think. Using our rv in winter I keep pink lady in the supply lines and just use the potty with water jugs to flush. But there's nothing in the grey tank or galley tank and definitely not the fresh water tank. I poured a gallon of antifreeze in the toilet so not too worried about that. Of course I could put some in the galley and gray tank but don't really want to put anything in the fresh water tank. Would take forever to get all the pink washed out of it next summer. Pink lady is cheap insurance. Could do a gallon in each for about 10 bucks. I'm in East Tennessee so our winters are not real severe for long periods of time. We're currently in a cold snap with lows in the 20's and highs in the 30's and 40's. Got some single digits coming for a day or two next week but temps go back up a little in daytime. Going to RV this weekend for a couple days to celebrate our 50th anniversary but coming home before the really cold hits next week. Looking forward to spring and dewinterizing the unit. Only 83 days or so till spring. Woo hoo!

Tags
heater, switch, tank, tank heater switch