Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2017, 12:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
I've been told that's not possible. Sure wish it was, and hopefully someone else will prove me wrong on info that I received. That would sure simplify things a great deal.
Me too, by Furrion tech folks but I think they feel they would miss out on the sale of the monitor....
My son still thinks there has to be a way to link by the factory wifi/bluetooth capabilities or through the cell phone then to the Sync3?
Zak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #22

You guys are silly. You just have to be conscious. Keep your fob in a dedicated pocket, you know, like don't put anything else in there. No more tail gate problem! When you get out of the truck, (best) turn it off! The truck is tougher than you think. Or, throw the fob on the seat if you aren't going more than a few feet. And why would you with the motor running? No more annoying honk! As if that is painful or something. The dedicated pocket also cures the panic alarm problem. All these things are provided as conveniences, and you paid for them. Be happy you aren't driving a 1971 Maverick. And yes, I have a 2017 F250 Lariat with all those bells and whistles.
2012 Ultra Limited Harley D
Enjoy yourself....it's later than you think

pvhembree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

If it has an ignition key that is required to start/run, put the fob on the key ring and it stays in the ignition when the truck is running.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #24

WOW, as RVers some of us try to do the right thing and BAM you get hit with that BS...sorry for your mishap

2013 Forest River Salem/Sport Fifth WHL
2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax/Allison
Curt Q20 Fifth wheel, Champion Inverter3500
US Army Retired
Bikersarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #25

Is there some kind of forscan option for Silverado 1500? If so please direct me where to go. Thanks Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
If it has an ignition key that is required to start/run, put the fob on the key ring and it stays in the ignition when the truck is running.
Mine don't work that way. Push button ignition. So the fob is always in my pocket. Would be nice to kill the nanny alarm when getting out of the truck to grab the mail, etc. Would also like to enable the auto fold for the mirrors.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #27

This should help with your backup camera
https://www.4dtech.com/ford-camera-p...-2-3-8-screen/
caesar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:44 PM   #28
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
Mine don't work that way. Push button ignition. So the fob is always in my pocket. Would be nice to kill the nanny alarm when getting out of the truck to grab the mail, etc. Would also like to enable the auto fold for the mirrors.
Re-bend a paper clip, hook it in an AC vent and hang the fob on it. Command hook might also work. When out of the vehicle, put it in your watch pocket of your jeans.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Re-bend a paper clip, hook it in an AC vent and hang the fob on it. Command hook might also work. When out of the vehicle, put it in your watch pocket of your jeans.
OC, you're taking all the fun out of it! If I do that, I won't have anything to grumble about.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesar101 View Post
This should help with your backup camera
https://www.4dtech.com/ford-camera-p...-2-3-8-screen/

Thanks for the info but it looks like it would only work with a wired camera?
My Furrion mounted on the back of my 35' tt is wireless. Know of any other solutions for this?
Old 07-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak1 View Post
Hello Great White,

I have a 2016 F150 with the Sync3, large screen. Ever figure out a way to integrate the Furion rear camera from my 2016 VLite tt with the factory Sync 3 screen so I don't have to use the little screen that came from Furion?
Not by editing the truck's asbuilt files.

You would have to cut into the video feed line from the OEM camera to Sync 3 and install a switch to physically flip back and forth between the two. Guy on F150forum.net did just that to add a separate rear camera from the OEM. I can't remember how well it worked out though....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:21 PM   #32

Quote:

45 seconds to flip a couple bits in the asbuilt files and I have secure idle, no horn honk and reprogrammed panic alarm and the truck works the way I want it to. Ford dealers can do the same thing with the Ford IDS programming tool, they just won't, don't know how or want to charge you shop rates to do it.

You also don't need anything in your pocket to hit the panic alarm or the lock buttons. The keyless truck remotes are sensitive to the point that the pressure from your jeans will pres the button when you bend, enough to activate the button that just happens to see enough pressure. I've had it happen and my jeans aren't......ahem, "age tightened".

The problem with the double honk the way the truck is delivered is more than just an annoyance. People have already had trucks stolen because of it (this is keyless trucks only):

Bubba jumps out to check the mailbox, pick up a paper or whatever he thinks will only be a second of two. But those looking to jack cars have learned quickly that the double honk means the car is running and the owner isn't in it. They can hear it from across a parking lot or street because it's two full power horn blasts. They can start moving towards you and see from a ways off if they have a chance to get to the car before you know it. The know if they can jump in an get it rolling before you can do anything about it, it's theirs. The keyless vehicles will continue to run even when they are out of range of the key. The thief can drive it until they turn it off. Once turned off, it won't restart without the key, but they know this and don't shut it off until they get it to where they want it to be. Then it's literally less than 5 minutes to program a key to operate the truck as per norm. Under 200 bucks will get them the hardware and software they need to program (or reprogram) a keyless fob. It does it the same way your dealer would program you another key.

You can see videos online of thieves breaking into cars with a "black box" and a few minutes later they drive away with the keyless car like nothing was any different that the owner getting into it. This "black box" is a chinese knock off of a factory scan tool. For example, a copy IDS for ford, or whatever GM or Chysler is calling their scan tools these days.

I have a Ford IDS, but I also have a couple knock offs and they work the same as the genuine IDS. It's scary easy to get them too. It's why my OBDII port is a dummy one in the OEM location and my real one is relocated way up inside the dash where you wouldn't expect it to be. Someone breaks in to program a key, they plug in to the OBDII port and get no response. They're not going to hang around to "troubleshoot" it.They think there's something wrong with my truck, unplug and move on to the next pigeon. Worst case scenario my insurance is replacing my door handle or window. What was a weakness to being stolen becomes a strength...

There is an option in the asbuilt configuration that would stop the jump in a drive off problem with teh double honk: It's called secure idle.

Secure idle is a police option. Basically, the officer can get out of the car (to chase a perp, at a traffic stop or for any other number of valid reasons), leave it running and no one can derive it off. As soon as the officer/key leaves the inside of the vehicle, the computer activates the solenoid to lock the shifter in park. It uses the same solenoid that won't let you sift out of park without stepping on the brake pedal.

But non-police options come from the factory with this turned off. couple seconds with forscan and you can turn it on with just a bit flip.

If you think you might be voiding the warranty by doing this, you're not. All these things are already built into the vehicle, they're just turned on or off. You're just turning it on...or off, depending on what you want. I've had my truck into my dealer several times and the service manager commented he's never seen mirrors fold like mine. I told him what I did and he went out and talked to the sales manager. Next thing you know, I'm showing them in the IDS what bits to flip for what features they want and then they were off changing things on their showroom vehicles.

Technology is not to be feared, it's to be embraced. Nothing wrong with a low tech solution to a problem either, but if it can do even better in less time and more convenience, well......

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 07-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #33

Quote:
A lot of these trucks including mine do not have keys, they have a push to start and push to stop button where a key used to go. The fob has to be on you to get into the truck or car by putting your hand on the door handle (with the fob somewhere on your body, pocket, purse or in your hand) and to start the vehicle other wise you aren't going anywhere unless you leave it in the vehicle which would be a very dumb thing to do. But like I said previously, mine will not unlock the tailgate with the vehicle in gear. It only works in park.
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
Not by editing the truck's asbuilt files.

You would have to cut into the video feed line from the OEM camera to Sync 3 and install a switch to physically flip back and forth between the two. Guy on F150forum.net did just that to add a separate rear camera from the OEM. I can't remember how well it worked out though....
Thank you.
I looked at the threads on the F150forum and it looks like way more work than I'm ready to do. I can't believe someone hasn't come up with something simple? It amazes me that all the major truck manufactures doesn't have an option under the "tow packages" they offer?
Old 07-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak1 View Post
Thank you.
I looked at the threads on the F150forum and it looks like way more work than I'm ready to do. I can't believe someone hasn't come up with something simple? It amazes me that all the major truck manufactures doesn't have an option under the "tow packages" they offer?
You MIGHT be able to do it with lockpic for sync: https://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm

You'd have to read up on it as I only have an awareness of lockpick since I've never used it. But if i remember correctly, it doesn't work with sync 3....

Husky Centerline Hitch
Old 07-19-2017, 07:13 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAILINGIRWIN View Post
I am not trying to steal your thread.......just out of curiosity,
how did your new Super Duty tow your trailer?
Did you experience any sway or tail wagging the dog?
I have a 2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3006 and recently traded my 2007 F-350 dually Diesel (which did a wonderful job towing) for a new 2017 F-350 SRW 6.2 gasser. This new truck tows horribly.....trailer sway above 60mph almost scary. I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my setup. The trailer almost acts like it has no tongue weight.....which I know is not the case, it sets the truck down almost 4" when hitched without the Blue Ox WDH bars cranked up.
My new Super Duty pulls my Flagstaff, like it's not even there! I had a 6.2 gas Raptor that would pull anything as well, because it was the 590 HP Roush conversion. But the 2017 F250 with the 6.7 diesel handles the 832OKBS just perfect! I also have the 12,500 lb stabilizer hitch to help, but not sure I even need it? I am totally satisfied with the towing performance.

Home Base - Celina, TX
Macdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:33 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post
My 2015 F150 King Ranch has the same feature but mine will not open while in motion. It will however open when stopped and in park. Are you sure you didn't hit it when you were parked and not realize it? Bummer no matter what.
I wouldn't totally rule out that as a possibility? But from the start of the 2.5 hour trip, we never pulled over or came to a stop, other than a stop light or turn? Knowing for a fact that I put the tailgate up as we pulled away from the campsite, the only possibility was when we were running and in motion, OR, I didn't fully shut the gate hard enough? I'm certain that I shut the tailgate as I pushed in a Yeti cooler and closed the gate. I have been on a couple of Ford forums and learned that this appears to be a common issue. NOW, having said that, I have installed the new tailgate, with the previous hardware (only bought the shell) and have tried to recreate the issue with no luck! Once the truck is in motion, the gate won't drop with the FOB. But others have reported the same findings after an incident. Regardless.............I will always keep an eye on the tailgate edge as seen through my rear view mirror, in the future! I can see the convex surface at the end of my Back Flip hard cover pretty easy. Just before, I had no reason to keep an eye on it, I thought. Some people say that it simply can't happen and I would tend to agree based on my recreation efforts, but I can't come up with a reasonable explanation or scenario for what may have occurred. All I can do is be more aware.

Home Base - Celina, TX
Old 07-19-2017, 08:06 AM   #38

Why not just ask your Dealer to reprogram the items you want changed next time you go in for service, my dealer plugs in a bluetooth reader as soon as i pull in. by the time we have discussed what I need they have already downloaded everything in the ECM checking for updates.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:14 AM   #39

After reading this post I had to try it with my 2017 F-250. While driving down my driveway I hit the button twice and sure enough the tailgate went. Had to put it in park, get out, and close it. I am glad that I put the keys in the door while we are driving on trips.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:41 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by saus View Post
After reading this post I had to try it with my 2017 F-250. While driving down my driveway I hit the button twice and sure enough the tailgate went. Had to put it in park, get out, and close it. I am glad that I put the keys in the door while we are driving on trips.
SEE.....it does happen! Several people have said this happens. I have the Ford IDS program installed on my laptop, so I will see what I can accomplish before I call my dealership.

Home Base - Celina, TX

Tags
ford