Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2023, 03:46 PM   #1

Trouble with Lippert monitor panel

Hi all!
We are new to camping life and just bought a 2023 Flagstaff E pro 20 FBS & are on the struggle bus BIG TIME.
The monitor panel recently started to blink white five times when a slide out button is pushed. When individual buttons are pressed, they blink blue. We are unable to operate anything that is related to that panel. The battery power indicator is the only thing that seems to work. We have checked the battery, fuses, breakers, wiring in back seems tight & intact. Lippert site is of no help.
Michgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 04:19 PM   #2

Go to page twelve in the link below, I think thatís the panel you have.

https://data.emberrv.com/media/user_...30554acf44.pdf
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 04:45 PM   #3

Yes, that’s the same panel & the same bare bones troubleshooting guide!
Old 09-03-2023, 04:56 PM   #4

I personally would do a hard reset myself. Unplug from shore power and unhook the battery, wait 4-5 minutes so everything fully discharges and then hook all back up and see what you get.
Please note, I donít have that panel, just what I would do on a holiday weekend so I could camp.
Old 09-03-2023, 05:00 PM   #5

We certainly will try that!!
Thank you
Old 09-03-2023, 05:41 PM   #6

With all the fancy control panels and apps to operate things on an RV, what are people going to do in 10 years or so when this stuff is hard to find? I don't want all the fancy electronics.
Sunseeker16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 06:19 PM   #7

Battery disconnect didn’t work. ��
Old 09-03-2023, 08:12 PM   #8

Maybe this is a DUH but did you try the instructions on Page 12? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere if you did or not. Those terminators, etc can wiggle loose.

This is a shot in the dark. When I worked in IT, we had some printers which could not be reset by unplugging at the wall. You had to unplug the cord from the unit. I wonder if unplugging the power harness would be a different reset than the battery.
Old 09-03-2023, 08:34 PM   #9

Yes, I unplugged all three & replugged. However, I did not do that while the battery power was cut off.
Old 09-03-2023, 08:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker16 View Post
With all the fancy control panels and apps to operate things on an RV, what are people going to do in 10 years or so when this stuff is hard to find? I don't want all the fancy electronics.
Same thing we do with TVs today that don't have a channel selector knob. Those are bound for the trash dump.

My background, education, and career are in the field of analog and digital electronics. I do understand why folks have issues today. This stuff is getting more and more complex, while companies invest little in proper operating and technical manuals, and worst of all, folks don't seem to read the manuals that are available.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 09:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgirl View Post
Yes, I unplugged all three & replugged. However, I did not do that while the battery power was cut off.
From what I read, you have a CANbus issue which means the panel isnít able to communicate on the network of motors etcÖ
Unless someone chimes in that has seen or fixed this exact issue, I think you are stuck till you can talk with lippert.
CANbus can be tricky/finicky at times and without the proper tools to diagnose it, it can be very difficult at best.

Can or have you connected your phone to the system? Shot in the dark, but you may get it to work using your phone, I have no idea how they have it coded.
Old 09-03-2023, 09:19 PM   #12

I was highly disappointed that we didn’t get any manuals. They stated “look them up online”. For what we paid, I should have been overloaded in paperwork! I semi wish we would have bought an older travel trailer with a lot less bells and whistles. In the meantime, we will haul it to the dealer & use the warranty.
Old 06-15-2024, 07:41 AM   #13

Michgirl, any resolution to this problem?
BlackLabRebel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor, panel