Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody9 View Post
Doering - wondering if you had a build date/delivery date estimates on yours yet?
F/R told us o/a 10 April for build.. Dealer says late April for delivery for us.

Using the old camper as a guest-house this weekend.

I'm ready for it NOW!
We were told last week that the build date is mid-April and the dealer would take delivery of the unit 1 week later. So that pretty much fits with your timing info.
Gonna be fun!
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doering View Post
We were told last week that the build date is mid-April and the dealer would take delivery of the unit 1 week later. So that pretty much fits with your timing info.
Gonna be fun!
Build date for us is April 18th. These are 2014 models being built now!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #23

We snuck down to the factory last month.. Impressed with the build process! Amazing.. forgot to even take pic's, but understand some of the Amish on the line don't care for camera's so just as well. Interesting day as well as they had OUR model on the line, a 5'er.. and then "V-Nose's coming in. from frame up to the dream rolling out the door! AMAZING! Guide said most of those were going to be 14's.

Took our old one down to the dealer on the 6th.. went over numbers a bit & the order.. We thought we'd OPTED OUT of the recliners.. (leather + cats = unhappy DW!!) but by that point a change in the order likely would have pulled us OUT of the production run that following week so we'll see how it works out. Knowing we weren't planning on them, i never sat in one at the show.. so that day @ dealer was 1st time my keester was in one. NICE!

Got an email from our tour guide that our's was in fact built last week.. and released to transport on Friday. Dealer emailed today with a VIN and said he expects delivery next week and it WOULD be a 14 as well.

Shouldn't take him too long to prep it for us. Basically the regular stuff.. AND install a Lawrence 30 EMS/Remote. Then the delivery checklist/owner orientation. but think i'm going to put DW in the front seat for that run. She wasn't too familiar with a lot of the systems on the old trailer so hopefully this will help her become more of a co-pilot on things!

Dealer said estimated 27th for delivery to us. SURE hopin that's gonna hold!

HOME and then a wagon load of new stuff for it (mud dauber screens, vent covers, digital thermostat, etc, etc).
Will try and get some pics once baby is home.. and i get those OTHER accessories installed!

Congrats on the build date!
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #24

Would be very cool to see the factory in motion! I was told it only takes 8-10 hours to build a unit from start to finish!
If all goes to plan we will take delivery on May 3rd and then go to Darlington Provincial Park (about a 30 minute drive from the dealer) for the weekend :-))
Old 04-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #25

Jealous of the 1st run SOOOO quick!
The 'line' was amazing. Broken down into multiple 15 minute stations.. frame comes in one side.. axles/brakes/jackes.. moves for subfloor.. tilted once 90" for the 'underneath' work (ducts, plumbing, gas lines, the bottom cover, back on it's feet.. flooring.. just amazing. Pretty much built from the INSIDE out.. once all 'sealed up', they do an elec (and limited systems?) checks.. it rolls backwards.. (it moves forward once.. axles to underneath.. then sideways on rollers down to that systems check.. then rolls back towards rear of the building, then sideways again for the interior items.. (6 or 8 stations more).. then rolls forward again for a few final checks.. onto the scales/labels, and out the door. 'Just-in-time' delivery to the workstations and the 'next days' supplies are provided by later shift.. or as needed by runners during the day (say they're running our model and can only hold 10-15 end-caps.. runner re-stock that as day progresses. and again overnight for next days run/s). Think it was 33 or 36 units they had going thru the day we were there. Anyway you slice it, they were hauling mule!!!
You should see it if in the Elkhart/Millersburg area...
Forgot to mention, i'm done working on 30 April as well. Timing for me is great!
WE NEED PICS!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #26

*UPDATE* Email from dealer.. while not stating it's here yet.. he wanted to schedule a time next week (thur or fri) for signing papers & doing the 'show through'.. We took Friday as I'm working from home that day... (or at least PART of it now!!).

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #27

Great! You will have pics before me! We are 1.5 hours from our dealer and not sure if we'll make a visit before the pickup date.
Sounds like they ran a few 832IKBS's off the assembly line today!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #28

Will wait to take the pics till we get some of the mods done.. (bike rack, thermostat, vent covers, etc).. THEN we'll break out the camera!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #29

Wilsonseattle - any further update on yours after you've been in it a bit longer?

Doering - you'rs in yet? get that 'shakedown' cruise yet?

Ours came in on 26th.. and seems i've spent most sunny days since doing our mods. Pics WILL follow for the less frequent ones, but no sense reposting the common ones. Put on new vent covers, made the hose holder /inside drawer and suspended it UNDER the rear bumper, moved the tire carrier over a bit and added the bike rack, added some hooks in the 'hallway'. Added a mount for the shop-vac we carry and accessories (under the charge-station), a wall clock, the in/out thermometer, the Hunter thermostat (put that under a cover as it seems ANY breeze thru the door would influence the temp readings), added smoked plexiglass inserts in the door so we can leave it open when heat/ac on and still be able to see outside, insulated the outside storage area (under the bed) with the 1" foam in between the aluminum frame runs and seems a couple other small things.
Still have the awning remote to do (haven't explored where all the wiring runs yet).. and the BIG project was to splice the satellite OUTPUT into the 'house' distribution system, replace the antenna amp with winegard sensor pro, dump that 'bedroom satellite feed' (as we only carry 1 tuner).. and re-order those from power outlet - booster - game plugin - bedroom feed to.. booster, modular outlet/ for 4 pass-thru RG-6 blocks - power outlet (closest to outside wall) . A UPS for the receiver.. and then sliding smoked plexiglass windows for the opening (to keep the kitties out!).

Lovin this thing so far.. just need to get all moved/settled in so we can get it to the woods!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #30

Shakedown!

Picked it up Friday and straight to the park!
No issues pulling. Husky Centerline hitch. Rock solid.
Just a couple of iphone pics for now.
And everything worked on the trailer. Was certainly expecting something not to work from reading these forums.
3 years in the planning and making!
Time to enjoy and play!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Darlington Park.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	29751  
Old 05-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody9 View Post
Wilsonseattle - any further update on yours after you've been in it a bit longer?

Doering - you'rs in yet? get that 'shakedown' cruise yet?

Ours came in on 26th.. and seems i've spent most sunny days since doing our mods. Pics WILL follow for the less frequent ones, but no sense reposting the common ones. Put on new vent covers, made the hose holder /inside drawer and suspended it UNDER the rear bumper, moved the tire carrier over a bit and added the bike rack, added some hooks in the 'hallway'. Added a mount for the shop-vac we carry and accessories (under the charge-station), a wall clock, the in/out thermometer, the Hunter thermostat (put that under a cover as it seems ANY breeze thru the door would influence the temp readings), added smoked plexiglass inserts in the door so we can leave it open when heat/ac on and still be able to see outside, insulated the outside storage area (under the bed) with the 1" foam in between the aluminum frame runs and seems a couple other small things.
Still have the awning remote to do (haven't explored where all the wiring runs yet).. and the BIG project was to splice the satellite OUTPUT into the 'house' distribution system, replace the antenna amp with winegard sensor pro, dump that 'bedroom satellite feed' (as we only carry 1 tuner).. and re-order those from power outlet - booster - game plugin - bedroom feed to.. booster, modular outlet/ for 4 pass-thru RG-6 blocks - power outlet (closest to outside wall) . A UPS for the receiver.. and then sliding smoked plexiglass windows for the opening (to keep the kitties out!).

Lovin this thing so far.. just need to get all moved/settled in so we can get it to the woods!!!!
Wow, you are blinging it BIG TIME! Wife mentioned would be nice to have coat hooks beside the entrance (hallway). What type of hooks/mounting did you use?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #32

we had a couple left over from the old trailer.. and they were the brushed finish.. snagged a few double ones (more for hats than coats). Posted an album of what i've done so far. (and if i do this right?? 1st attempt @ pics).. here'what they look like.

woody9 Album - My Photo Gallery
Old 06-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #33

Stronger LED lights above the center island

To those familiar with the 832 IKBS. Is it possible to replace the LED's with stronger ones in the suspended light fixtures?

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Old 06-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doering View Post
To those familiar with the 832 IKBS. Is it possible to replace the LED's with stronger ones in the suspended light fixtures?
i replaced ours with halogen ones i found at lowes not led but they r brighter
firedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #35

hadn't seen much for follow-up on this.. so thought i'd add some of our experiences..
We've pulled approximately 2,000 miles so far (a 'lap' around Lake Michigan.. and another run to to the Straits)... and a few things surfaced.

- Before we left on the 1st trip, the rear power stabilizers quit. Dealer hadn't responded to my email, so called Lippert Cust Svc.. They had one on it's way to me later the same day (email to dealer on monday before trip.. called lippert wed. had part thurs.. installed Friday.. left monday as planned thanks to Lippert!). GREAT customer service!
- The fridge door panel dropped.. (and continued to drop each time we re-located!!!!) Panel has a bit of 'wiggle room'.. pins are a bit short. Last one broke a snap on the bottom trim piece. Again called the manufacturer and they had replacement parts to me in a jiffy!. I oped to use a small machine bolt that was a bit longer and would insure FULL support behind the trim piece. Think there's a thread on here addressing that issue.
- One of the foot-rest position latches on the La-z-boy recliners broke. Again, to the manufacturer and they sent a replacement AND a spare.
- a HIGH PITCHED whine on the converter anytime 2 or more 12v accessories were turned on. (Wife didn't hear it.. but maybe it's just my dog hearing??). AGAIN, just went straight to the manufacturer and they have a process for replacement and a CC number to insure the board was in fact defective and covered under warranty. A little leery of that process, but seems all has turned out well. EASY board swap.. and i'm not an electrician!
- Today i figured i'd check those awning serial numbers against the recall. Had figured the dealer or F/R would contact me if i was one of the lucky ones effected. Glad I called Dometic instead! YES, BOTH awnings were impacted. They're overnighting new motors to a local RV repair that does mobile service. They DO NOT want u to drive/tow it if it's one of the defective ones. (i can only imagine what would tear off the side of the trailer doing 65 down the interstate when one decided to let loose!)

and think that's all the warranty issues thus far..

but on a different note, was wondering if others think this wheel-base, length and stabilizer positions on these (and perhaps not limited to the 832IKBS).. aren't in the best positions?
Both DW & I think there's WAY too much bounce in this unit. Toying with another set of stabilizers about mid-way between rear tires & rear stabilizers? Using BAL Deluxe tire chocks but don't think those are contributing. They worked great on the old trailer (33' Rockwood), but the wheels were spaced further apart on that trailer. These BALs barely fit between the tires on this one.
Any thoughts/suggestions on this??

anxious to her other 832IKBS owner experiences!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #36

Just back from Cape Cod

Over 2500 kms on the Flagstaff!
Ya, that wooden panel on the fridge door in our trailer needs to be secured. I will probably use a couple of bolts. Ideally, it just needs a couple of metal clips (there is a name for the type of push on metal clip that I am thinking of) on the plastic tabs to retain the panel from moving forward.

The fans that move the air in the back of the fridge (when the temp is hot) do hum. The fridge gets good and cool and the ice cubes are rock solid so the unit is working just fine.

I had to hammer down the heads on the carpet nails on the carpet strip in front of the kitchen slide. Noticed a few streaks of black on the carpet. It looks liked grease marks but it is just fine shavings of the bottom slide material (almost plastic like). The rounded nail heads were rubbing on the under surface of the slide (when in motion) and scraping the black finish off. One was about 1 mm deep.

We have not had to attend to anything else in the trailer (fingers crossed). My DW would like brighter lights above the island. I'm still looking into replacements.

I will probably get X-chocks for between the wheels. 35 feet of trailer is a lot of trailer to stabilize firmly! I didn't opt for power stabs as I had heard of too many problems. I don't mind hand cranking and it allows me to really fine tune each point.

More later!

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Old 07-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #37

if i converted right, you're just a trip behinds in mileage, but we've got a 150 mile in Aug. and a 4500 one sep - nov!

Amen to that fridge fan. Believe those are unique to slide-fridges as they don't have the roof vent for the heat to naturally rise through. Not sure there'd be an easy way to access that area for replacement (pair of computer fans maybe?

I'm thinking of added a pair of manual stabilizers mid-way between the rear power ones and the trailing axle. Already have them on-hand, just wondering what mounting them will do to the frame warranty. Has a sticker on the back bumper that says adding ANYTHING will void it (might just be the bumper. but not sure i want to test that!).

Happy Camping!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #38

Thanks for the great write-up. Moved my new unit from Georgia to a small site in Louisiana last month. Going to use it as my lodging for a construction project that I visit twice a month. Bought it from Northgate RV's in Ringgold, GA. Good folks to deal with and they lined up the towing and delivery, all painless.

Interesting comment on the "bouncyness", wife and I thought the same thing. Considering blocking the unit up, off the axles and adding blocks for the stabilizers. Think that part of the issue is tire bounce. Going to be at this site for 18 months.

Using the entertainment system for conference calls, hooking in through the bluetooth feature. Kind of cool. Will have to add a long HDMI to use the TV as a large monitor for my laptop. Need to give myself a weekend to do this task.

Any thoughts on a satellite system, roof antenna is blocked by trees in our site? Would like to have some contact with the world. Other folks using direct Tv, but don't like the set-up they are using.

AC works well, upper 90's most of the time so far. Showering every day and hot water is not an issue. Really like the bed, is more of a residential type and not what we thought a trailer type would be, whatever that means.

Not much storage, will have to find a solution there, probably a stand alone unit from Lowes.

Being new to TT life, really like it so far. No issues, but only been hooked up for a month.

JR
bodytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #39

Welcome bodytrader! and congrats on the purchase!

I'd agree some of that bounce is suspension/tire related. @ Home, we're on a compacted/recycled asphalt pad.. Might try some wood blocks under it, but I had a pair of (manual) scissor stabilizers around, so tried them mid-way between rear tires & rear power stabilizers. Seems to get a lot of it out but i'm thinking the best cure would be to get some triangulation on those rear power units somehow. Maybe even on just one corner.. See a lot of commercial ones.. some good write-ups on DIY's.. and thinking the cargo bar types might be something i'll try.

We're on Dish and it's worked really well for us.. as long as we have a view of the southern skies! Used to have a portable that i'd sit and try and tune but changed to the tailgater last year and love it! (although, sometimes i think i could do it faster myself the old way!

The roof antenna hasn't had any problems in the places we've been SO far.. (you did turn the amp on, yes?)

and agree, wish there was more storage! We pull with a pickup with a topper and that helps with get a bit more storage. Not sure what we'd need to trade-off for more however..
Old 08-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #40

Thanks for the reply. Hmm.. turn on the amp, will check that on Monday when I get back to Louisiana. In SC for a family reunion this week. Went to Camping World and looked at their portable satellite antennas. Will need ~100 feet away from the TT to get a good southern view. Liked the Tailgater and also the Winegard automatic. May just receive HD channels and not bother for the paid service, not there enough to justify the expense so far.

Have blocks under all stabilizers; think that mid chassis stabilizers may help, as well. Will try this in a week or so.

Any thoughts on a skirt around the unit? My wife and I looked at several solutions on line. She has a large workroom for drapery manufacture and will probably make ours. A little concerned about running the heater in the winter, although not too cold in northern Louisiana. Have to take the tanks to get them filled. Looking for a service to come to the park and fill my tanks as well as my two neighbors.

JR
bodytrader is offline   Reply With Quote