Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2022, 02:47 PM   #1

Wall panel separating from frame in bathroom.

Hi,

I have a new 2022 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS and have an issue with the wall panels separating from the wall frame on the area where the wall meets the shower. Does anyone else have this issue? I have it scheduled to be looked at by the dealership where I bought it on Sep 7, 2022. I am still within the initial warrantee and hope they can do something about this. I have attached a couple of pictures. I am concerned that since the shower controls are in the area that it will cause a water leak.

Thanks,
Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv wall.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	277440   Click image for larger version

Name:	rv wall 2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	277441  
Retired-Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 03:27 PM   #2

Same Issue

I also have the 2022 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS purchased in Feb. I also have the same bubble in the exact same location as yours. I have noticed the hotter it is the larger the bubble. I had considered a small incision and filling it with a glue, but know I see this may be a common defect. Keep us posted and thanks.

Sometimes it helps to know that you are not alone.
mwal4876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:00 PM   #3

I purchased mine back in February as well. Yes, it is good to know that you're not alone. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for your reply.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:07 PM   #4

the plastic shower/wall panel is expanding when hot
not a lot of thought was put into it's design

my rv tech guy added a couple of extra screws at the top it looks slightly better

avoid the temptation to put any screws further down where water may get behind the panel

If you really want it to look better it needs pulling out and better wall material installed

but beware RV's expand and contract quite a lot and must also be able to withstand vibration from going down the road.... so you have to select materials and attachment methods that can withstand the extra movement.

not really worth the effort... I just keep my shower door closed so I can't see it
Old 08-05-2022, 08:22 AM   #5

Thanks for your response. I was concerned that it may stretch to the breaking point and tear at some point. From other posts out there regarding defects in workmanship that come up after purchase such as bubbles on the roof, Forest River does not appear very supportive of its customers. Its a shame because these RVs are not cheap and I expect some level of quality and support from the manufacturer.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired-Rich View Post
Thanks for your response. I was concerned that it may stretch to the breaking point and tear at some point. From other posts out there regarding defects in workmanship that come up after purchase such as bubbles on the roof, Forest River does not appear very supportive of its customers. Its a shame because these RVs are not cheap and I expect some level of quality and support from the manufacturer.
One thing to keep in mind you always hear of the problems people have, and rarely from the ones that do not have issues out of the milliona of campers built......................

More of the issues are the dealers as they are independant and some are great and many are not. They will tell you anything.

COVID year built campers do seem worse than other years.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:48 AM   #7

I store my trailer at home and use a 20 amp circuit in the garage + extension cord connected to a 30amp ADAPTER

set the A/c to 85 Degrees
this stops the trailer from over heating and expanding the plastic trims
and keeps the a/c from not sitting around gathering dust ... a/c like to be run

-------------------------------

I had a warranty problem with my microwave and Forest River looked after it

Called the number I found on https://forestriverinc.com/
they gave me a list of companies they work with in my area mobile techs , repair shop and dealers DID NOT have to use dealer I purchased trailer from!

First one I contacted ... would not do the work because FR would not pay enough?

FR contacted me and THEY had spoken to another mobile tech ...

(didn't know they were monitoring and that they would do that?)

offered #2 a bit more money and he came out and did the replacement

#1 Tech guy called a couple of days later and also said he was now willing to do the replacement because FR offered him more $$ ... awwww Sorry job got assigned to #2

Obviously if the issue is something like a microwave / air conditioner etc it is easy for them get fixed.

Other things like your bubble... I reckon they take the stand that it is normal for that design / build price.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:49 PM   #8

Trim

This reminds me of vinyl siding. If the nails are too tight, it wouldn’t all the siding to expand and contract properly. Can the fasteners be adjusted or maybe it’s too long and the material needs to be trimmed a bit.
traveltrailerrookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, frame, panel, ram, roo