Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
Just FWIW, I've had water slosh out of the toilet. I now make sure that I have as little as possible sitting there.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Well...we found the culprit! SailorSam was right! It was the toilet! We had too much water in it and when we hit a bump it came right out and did the exact pattern we had experienced before. I hooked the camper up and had my wife drive us around storage which has speed bumps and that is exactly what it was! Now we know to just put enough to keep the seal wet.

Really appreciate everyone's thoughts and help on this!
Old 02-10-2020, 06:07 PM   #22
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTX View Post

Well...we found the culprit! SailorSam was right! It was the toilet! We had too much water in it and when we hit a bump it came right out and did the exact pattern we had experienced before. I hooked the camper up and had my wife drive us around storage which has speed bumps and that is exactly what it was! Now we know to just put enough to keep the seal wet.

Glad you discovered what it was.
Thanks for reporting back.

I mentioned in an earlier post we always turn off the pump and relieve the pressure on the system when traveling... opening the toilet valve is usually how we accomplish this.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:18 PM   #23

Hose-end sprayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
If it really is the faucet, I would just replace it with a better quality one. It's rare you find an RV with decent OEM bathroom/kitchen fixtures.
If you have the old-style arched faucet with the 180 degree bend (like the picture), when you turn the water off, it only flows out down to the peak of the arch. The vertical riser remains full to the peak. It just takes a bump or fast turn to run some out. If the sink cover is on, it's going to get slung onto the floor. Same with an arched lavatory sink tap (which I just installed! ).

Come to think of it, the pulldown hose sprayer faucets have the same arch and will do the same thing.

(Fortunately the one I installed is in the trailer that is permanently sited. No problem.)
Attached Images

"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:41 PM   #24
Retired Member

Quote:
This is what I think is happening. Thanks for your solution. I’m going to test this later this week. Maybe turn the pump off and then open all the faucets until all the water is gone and then shut them before traveling and see if this helps.
We secure a sandwich bag on our kitchen faucet when traveling.
RMWSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:48 PM   #25

Water

Would a stuck water pump anti back-flow cause this? Or whatever it is that causes FW tank to fill when hooked to city water.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:47 PM   #26

I had small amounts of water in my trailer because of a cracked waterline fitting close to the water heater. Took about 3 years before I finally found it. It was just a drip when the system was pressured up. Also had a cracked water tank filler tube. That one was a much larger puddle. Dealer fixed that under warranty.
UrbanAngelRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:05 PM   #27

Quote:
Just FWIW, I've had water slosh out of the toilet. I now make sure that I have as little as possible sitting there.
This was my first thought. How much water was in the toilet? Should only be just enough to barely cover the valve.
danking49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Same here. I have a different trailer and my bathroom is on the main floor between the garage and the living room. The water splashed out of the toilet and traveled the whole length of the floor. Luckily, I figured it out the same trip it happened.
iammoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #29

Maybe a loose water line under one of the sinks or the line going to the pump or even the line going to the toilet. We had a small leak on the line going to the toilet and even with the pump turned off we still had water leak onto the floor. The source can be hard to follow as water can travel in werid directions whe the trailer is in motion. We thought we has a roof leak but all it turned out to was our toilet water line.
Joe M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:21 PM   #30

It was too much water in the toilet. Have made two trips since and no more water. Appreciate everyone’s help.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:37 PM   #31
Newbie- 21 FBRS

We have the same trailer and had the same experience with too much water in the toilet. I was about to post that, but as I read I saw someone else solved your mystery. It was unexpected!
Coevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:16 AM   #32

Could it be coming from the air conditioner? Maybe some condensation from it?
CMA Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:55 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMA Critter View Post
Could it be coming from the air conditioner? Maybe some condensation from it?
See post #30
HawkTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
See post #30
Hawk, you'll notice your problem will be solved over and over!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:14 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Hawk, you'll notice your problem will be solved over and over!
I’m seeing that!!!! 🤣🤣🤣
HawkTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #36
Commuter RV living

I have the exact same TT, bought 9/19. I stay in it several days every week. About 3 months ago I came home and there was a small puddle of water on center of floor in front of fridge/bathroom door. It didn't seem to have come from anywhere. I wiped it up and next day when I cam in i notice a little on the floor behind toilet. It was then I discovered the water was leaking a small amount where fresh water hose enters the toilet in rear. I put small container under the hose and it sometimes goes for a week dry other times very small amount (less than 1/4 inch over a few days. Due to my scheduling it has been difficult to get in into the shop. It is in fact in the shop today for some warranty and other issues so they are taking a look at it.
lenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #37

Quote:
It was too much water in the toilet. Have made two trips since and no more water. Appreciate everyone’s help.
Thanks for letting everyone know your end result.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:25 PM   #38
Commuter RV living

Thumbs up

Picked up camper after service visit two days ago. The dealer replaced the connector/fitting where the water hose enters back of toilet as they said it was leaking there. Dry so far, time will tell.
lenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:40 PM   #39

Quote:

Always like the happy endings. Congrats on solving the problem!
GMC Sierra 2500
Scott V. is offline   Reply With Quote